Reviews for Not Slipping Living
Maki-P chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
My theory is that Puck is an actor, and Owen Burnett is the character he chose to play. When Owen is out Puck is Puck playing Owen, after Oberon casts him out he's stuck playing the character all the time, which wears him out and makes him go out of character until Owen is not a character but part of his identity. What I mean, is that I don't think Puck/Owen has a Split Personality.
But, anyway, you're stories are still great; makes me feel better about the fact that we will probably never see the Gargoyles 2198
Obi's Second Cousin chapter 1 . 12/14/2012
That is a very intriguing theory and is one that is very, very akin to my own headcanons about Owen and Puck (though mine state that the whole 'Owen developing his own personality' thing dated from well before them being bound. It doesn't seem unreasonable that a ten-year-old persona WOULDN'T naturally develop quirks of its own- rather like writing a character who takes on traits of its own accord (this is pretty much exactly what I see happening). It would certainly become more pronounced after the binding...

Yeah, I'm doing a marathon read of your Owen fics because I'm in need of a fix and these stories are new and shiny to me and they are very good. Well done!
Vanillasiren chapter 1 . 3/1/2012
I must admit, I am not a huge fan of portraying Puck and Owen as two distinct personalities, but you manage it quite beautifully and I enjoyed it very much. And I do believe it's in line with the intent of series creator Greg Weisman, who says that when Puck transforms to Owen, there's a psychological change as well as a physical one. And I believe he also said that he had planned for us to see some behavorial changes in Owen after Oberon's banishment decree. Good lord, Puck is so adorable, Alex and the bubbles!

I really love the nods to Shakespeare in your work, and I know exactly the scene from Midsummer Night's dream you've been referencing in your stories. The scene in Act II, scene I, where Puck talks with one of the faeries serving Titania. I always thought there was something a bit flirty between him and random faerie, heh.

I hope to read more from you sometime. You really do an excellent writing the duality of this character.
Hebi R chapter 1 . 2/9/2012
Actually, I am pretty sure the line about the spot was said by Lady Macbeth.

Love the fic, and your theory, though I see it slightly differently- rather than developing a form of Multiple Personality Disorder, the being that only pretended to be Owen is now "becoming the mask" as they say on the tvtropes website; the personality he created for himself is merging with his real/original one now that he cannot take the mask off when he chooses.

So, if Oberon allowed his to be fully Puck again once Alexander is fully trained/adult, I suspect he would still have certain aspects of Owen's taste in, for example, literature and women.
Happily Austria chapter 1 . 12/12/2011
I'm starting to really like your Owen/Puck Theory. It must be hard to die each day. Not slipping Living was a good insight to some of the "When the camera isn't rolling" stuff.
Neva chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Very nicely done. I'm fascinated by the Owen/Puck dichotomy and by his (their?) relationship with Xanatos, and this was a fascinating look at both.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Very good oh yes
VelleVette chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Yes! D The scene with Puck and Alex was so cute. X3 And the scene with Owen and Xanatos was contrastingly serious in tone - with Owen being slightly angsty and talking about his feelings! :o Loved it.
CampionSayn chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Sa!

Ah, I felt all a flutter reading this! It really was very beautiful-and I mean that! There aren't a whole lotta Owen&Xanatos fics out there worth anything, so this was a nice change.
Sonar chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
That was pretty interesting to read.