Reviews for Three Families
onlytoask chapter 1 . 2/8/2015
Surprisingly interesting. I've never read an Avatar story, but I'm looking forward to giving this a shot.
Ivar Hugo chapter 7 . 2/7/2015
I like the Zuko/Azula dynamic. It's rare to see Zuko being protective of Azula, with Azula still being a badass with sociopathic tendencies.

Also, nice Blade Runner reference. I'm proud that I saw it coming with the line "The Great Ships of Mangangaso Belikat aflame in war..." Aww, poor quasi-Eldritch Abomination...
IGAF-kun chapter 61 . 10/20/2014
Amazing story. I was floored by the details and flow you put into this work. I have not the words to express the enjoyment I had reading "Three Families". I will certainly be reading this again in the near future.

Keep up the great work.
IGAF-kun
warpterror chapter 61 . 10/16/2014
I've just finished reading this story and I have to say - wow
This was truly one amazing read, in fact probably(in my opinion) the most thought out and well developed fanfic on the site.

All of your OC characters really grew on me through the story (the spider being the exception) and I honestly felt myself tier up a little when Sharif sacrificed himself. In fact I probably wasn't this upset about a char death since reading A Song of Ice and Fire series several years back. However I do admit that it was the definition of epic, what with the sad song in the background and everything.

I also enjoyed the way you changed some of the canonical characters in this - primarily Zhao. I can say with all honesty that when I started reading this story I did not expect him to become Fire Lord, even if it was only for a little while.

I also happen to have learned several new words by reading this story(verisimilitude, hubris, etc...), which is not exactly what you expect to happen when reading fanfiction :P

On a side-note I'd like to say that although I don't very often find myself enjoying romance, the way you let the relationship between Aang and Azula develop was an infinite amount of times better (even if it did take more than 1000000 words before their first kiss) than is done in... well just about any other fanction where those two are paired up. They way you let it build up just felt more natural and game the whole story an air of verisimilitude(yes I'll be using that word from now on :P).

Last but not least I will say that I had absolutely no idea where this story was going when I started reading it but no that I've finished reading it I have absolutely no regrets for spending most of my free time in the last 2 weeks doing so. You are an absolutely amazing writer for pulling something like this off and an absolute legend for going through with it and completing the story of this size(and only in 2 years). Oh if only some other authors wrote at the same speed that you do (roughly 1700 words per day if my maths is correct)... "cough" "George Martin" "cough"
Anyway thank you for this truly wonderful read :)
Lee Totema chapter 29 . 9/17/2014
You know what I just realized? That a good chunk of your avatars stories are on tv tropes and I unfortunately clicked on avatar and spoiled myself grr! Well that fix is longer than this one so at least I'll have something to read for the rest of the year
Lee Totema chapter 24 . 9/15/2014
Please forgive my language but Jesus Christ man! This has got to be one of the most wonderful and frustrating fanfic I've ever read. Now I like the fact that the hero's don't always w in big bad win bit wow just a sense of hopelessNess is oozing out of this. I do like the different mash ups of relationships here it's very different but I still wonder what is in Azula is Zhao finally going to get good come uppance how well Aang win Azula's heart just so many questions! Why can't I ready fast enough!
Lee Totema chapter 2 . 8/26/2014
Awesome as always I wonder if you'll make the culture more pronounced in this one rather than the children series
saintjimmy84 chapter 61 . 6/25/2014
Finally finished this one, well over a year after I started it. I wanted to thank you for the great story, and also to comment that you're among the best authors on this site. I'll be following along with Avatar of Victory, as well.
AramilOniasha chapter 9 . 5/24/2014
Just wanted to point out the longest night is on the winter solstice, not the summer
Prince of Havok chapter 61 . 5/23/2014
Wow, finally finished. I have never read a million word fic before that wasn't terrible, so I was a little skeptical about starting to read this. I'm glad I took a leap of faith and gave your story a chance. It turned out to be a real gem among the crap on this site. What I enjoyed most was the work that went into the world building to make it seem more real than canon itself. Thanks for sharing.

On a more personal note, I can't imagine even your Azula being anything other than a terrible Fire Lord. She showed no leadership capabilities in the entire fic that I can recall. It feels like Zuko's destiny was stolen from him all because of Jet and Mai. Although, he isn't stuck in a stuffy palace for the rest of his life now and gets to have adventures with Toph, so it may have turned out better for him.
Weissr chapter 9 . 5/7/2014
Ho for S.T.A.L.K.E.R. cameo! I love it.
Guest chapter 4 . 4/24/2014
Thomas Hobbes! I didn't know Piandao read English philosophy.

-earfluffy
earfluffy chapter 5 . 4/26/2014
Tzu Zi is one of Ty Lee's sisters, right?

-earfluffy
dispassioneight chapter 35 . 4/11/2014
Man, this story moves slowly.

It's not bad writing, and it's not a bad story, but dang things move at a snail's pace.
dispassioneight chapter 3 . 4/11/2014
This is me leaving a review.

Eeeeyy. I want more Azula and less Sharif. I'm also heavily biased.
409 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »