Reviews for The Point of No Return
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 8 . 9/23/2013
Way to go! Great ending!
EveningInHornersCorners chapter 7 . 9/23/2013
The fellows are right: it IS heartbreaking.
Joyce LaKee chapter 8 . 8/30/2013
This was so good! Your writing is very solid, it puts the reader not only onto the scene, but also into the characters heads. I also respect you didnt take the easy and cliche route of making Emily evil. Even though she's an OC, she's an interesting character in her own right.
I checked your profile to see if you had other stories and was sad to see this is the only one. I hope you come back to fanfiction someday.
Happy writing
LillyLee chapter 8 . 3/31/2013
This was such a great story! You stayed very true to the original series and who these characters are. Naturally had the show continued on they would have married a lot sooner, but part of me thinks that had they been real people, rather than fictional, then what you wrote in this story would have been the way things ultimately played out. I also was impressed with the "1800's lingo" you used. This story helped to give closure to two beloved characters. I hope that if an idea comes to you than you would write another fanfic about them having children or adjusting to married life amongst the two different worlds they come from with their respected families. Once again great job, and thanks for giving us a terrific story.
deeply-spaced chapter 1 . 1/7/2012
There are so few F Troop fanfics. Then there are so few well-written F Troop fanfics. There is an even smaller amount of well-written F Troop fanfics centered around Captain Parmenter.

How refreshing and exciting it is to find this delightful story! I love this. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Michael66 chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
This was a very fun read and an endearing story of an old couple I haven't thought of in years.

Thank you.

I know this story is complete, but I hope you decide to continue writing.

You might want to break things like this up into chapters. 25K is a lot to read in one shot.
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
This is a beautiful story.

I admire how you took a different approach to Wilton and Jane’s relationship, giving us a very original and unique glimpse into their world. You treat the characters with intelligence and respect – something often sorely lacking in fan fiction.

What struck me most was the bittersweet tone that grabbed hold in the opening paragraph and never quite let go…I actually wondered if they would end up together at the end.

Ah, but I am getting ahead of myself. :-) It was wonderful that Wilton got a promotion and developed a successful career in the army. I always thought he had it in him to be a good leader, but just lacked the experience and confidence.

I was surprised by how much I liked Emily. She was a great character: warm, thoughtful, understanding – and a good judge of character. I sensed she and Wilton would have been happy together, so it was nice that Emily saw that he never had his one true love like she did and encouraged him to seek out his lost love.

For a fleeting moment, I was almost sad they didn’t end up together.

It was startling to learn of the changes in Jane. I always see her as that untamed, spirited and adventurous girl in her buckskins – it’s hard to picture her as the conformist fiancée of a banker. It’s not that she doesn’t have the grace and manners to fulfill that role…it just isn’t her.

As for Robert, I also felt bad for him. He met and fell in love with a different Jane than we saw on the series. He fell for a Jane who had her heart broken so badly that a part of her fiery nature died when Wilton left. He was a good person deep down and he was right – they both deserved better than a marriage that was ‘because’.

Even when Wilton and Jane finally got together, that bittersweet tinge lingered in the air because we all know it should have happened five years earlier. :-)

Thank you for such this well-written, intelligent, and highly memorable story. If I may make one suggestion, I’d recommend using the chapter features on this site instead of having all seven in one long document.
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 7/22/2011