Reviews for The Chains of Love
Auua Ytjoml chapter 1 . 4/3
This was hilarious and still about as tasteful as it could be considering the subject matter. well done!
SomeoneI'mSure chapter 1 . 8/18/2012
Broggen and Jans... *facepalm*
Quaver Ava chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
*applauds* I found this hilarious and very well written. I loved how you had the accents, and the ending was nice to. I was actually expecting them to say something that would get them smacked. And we all know, they're not coming back. XD
Samadhir chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Waddya know: The Shrew War is finally here, and I haven’t even reviewed Chains of Love yet! Bad Sammy! Let’s do it and then move on to Tug of War and the epic follow-up to the Crimson Badger.

For other readers: as Wing mentioned, this is the slightly shorter “PG-13” version of the story he posted here. There’s another one that includes a bit more explicit details of the Mouse-Stoat foursome’s passionate night under the stars. Since for some reason he refused to provide the direct link (why would he? Of course we want the longer, juicier version!) let me grant it to you instead: .

It’s from Redwall Digest, an old, now-defunct site that was briefly down before being archived; let’s hope it stays up for awhile longer so we can all enjoy the naughtier version of COL. If it goes down again, we’ll just have to convince Ol’ Featherbag to come to his senses and post the “R” version on , wot!

(The “wot” is only there to take the edge of the blunt suggestion. I DON’T wanna use it regularly!)

But anyway, onto the review (I’ll be reviewing the Digest version). A really marvellous, funny and quite erotic little morsel you provided us with. Like an excerpt from a romance novel; I wonder if they have those in Mossflower? The writing is superb as always, full off little quips and lines that are suggestive without being too explicit. It’s lovely to see our favourite Mouse/Stoat duo in their earlier campaign days; I don’t think anyone expected them to be such ladies-men as they are here.

And neither did I expect Urthblood’s soldiers in general treating the local females as targets for one-night stands, or for the females to be so… willing as they seem to be. I know that your version of Redwall is quite a bit more “adult” in tone than the original novels, but having Willowmere just suggest out of nowhere that they should have a foursome, or for Trembula to be almost disappointed that she won’t be involved in a ménage a trois, well, it seems almost too much. And (from the Digest version) how come Willowmere is knowledgeable about how to… use her mouth to good effect? Isn’t she simply an innocent Northlands mousemaiden? Do they actually teach these things in the village? Have the vermin been so influential that even the woodlanders have become experienced in such ribald matters?

For that matter, as impressive as their charm and grace are, this story has almost made me lost a little respect for Jans and Broggen, and for some of the other soldiers in the army. As suave and charming as they are to these two females, it still comes across as if they’re primarily just interested in sex, not in any real relationship with them (I mean, they only just met Willowmere, and they picked up Trembula just for Broggen to get some tail too). Maybe I got it wrong, but the text seemed to imply that this isn’t the first time they’ve charmed ladies for a one-night stand. Again, these are rough-hewn soldiers we’re talking about, and they probably are a bit more loose with their morals than would be considered appropriate for settled beasts, as is common in real life, but it makes it sound almost cruel when they promise to get back to their lovers at the end; I can’t shake the feeling that they’ve promised the same to other maidens in the past.

Forgive me for ranting about this, it’s just that there is a difference between what I found exciting and stimulating in erotic stories, and my morals in real life, which are quite conservative, by Swedish standards anyway. And since your stories are so well-written and your characters so involving, it affects me a bit more when such discrepancies show up.

Anyway, for the parts of the story that doesn’t involve sex: the mention of the wildcat clan at the beginning was quite interesting. This is the only time in the Urthblood saga so far that we’ve heard mention of them, I think. And they were all wiped out to the last one, apparently: poor cats! I have to wonder: why is there no wildcat regiment in Urthblood’s forces?

The scene at the ramshackle tavern in the vermin section of town was funny. Really liked both the part where Trembula bashes a pawing stoat over the head with her tray, and where Grutcher and her makes the duo wait tables. But the best part was the foot massage; really makes you understand why they could charm her into joining them. An entire “science”, eh? Wonder where they learnt it.

It did seem a little rushed the way the searats come ashore at the end; mostly to provide a reason for the duo to leave their newfound lovers at a moments notice. What I really wonder about is the “they had left far more behind than simply the memory of a passionate night under the stars”-line. Does it simply mean that they have caused a mouse and a stoatmaid to become friends? Or does it mean that there are actually… a baby mouse and a baby stoat on the way? I’d like to know.

A very nice and quite stimulating little story, Wing. You took a chance in writing it, and while it does have some things I find bothersome in it, it doesn’t prevent it from being another in your long line of awesome tales. Very good work!
Cozziellamas chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
You continue to amaze me with your writings. This was a very cute one too! Please... Write more stories! LOL. Can't wait until your next posts!

JazzHandz
Highwing chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Gee, I guess you *DO* love this story, Molly, judging by the three wide smileys I see after your comment.

Just for the record, there is a slightly longer version of this fic - the original version, dating back to around 2002 - to be found elsewhere online. That was the only time I ever publicly posted the complete tale anywhere, opting instead to go with this one for all subsequent postings. The revised version you see here has had the two most explicit/suggestive scenes removed, in order to conform more safely with guidelines.

And no, I will NOT provide the link for the full, unexpurgated version here. If you're *that* curious, feel free to seek it out yourself ... although then you might not love it QUITE so much. So be warned.
MollyPixie chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
I LOVE this story! Ther is nothing that i don't like about it! :):):)
Killy-S chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
"Um ... yes, sir. Tell the boys that if the hedge is a-rockin', don't come a-knockin'!"

That means they want to hold paws, right?
Sgt. Sporky chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
Awww. Tehe, fluff doesn't seem very you-like, but it works. I liked it. I loved how you demonstrated the change that the troops were bringing. I also loved "When the hedge is a-rockin', don't come a-knockin'!"

It was funny too. The image of Jans and Broggen trying to be waiters in a tavern is now forever stuck in my mind.

Bring up TSW soon!