Reviews for dear john
Candie2014 chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
You did an awesome job! I really liked this piece and was hooked throughout. I like how you wrote about what happened after the book, many times we all wonder what could have happened with them. I also liked the suspense at the end of the book, makes me wonder what happened to her and what is going to happen to them. I hope to see more from you continuing this!
PO1GM chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Navy doesn't have Generals. John was Army. They do not ask you to be General. You get promoted after taking tests and receiving awards. When you are called to duty they send you a letter stating when you are to report and where you are to report. I understand this was a short story, but if you are going to write about Dear John or any aspect of Military life you need to know these things. General is very serious and you cannot turn it down. You must accept. Also, they do not send you by train. They send you by bus to the plane and from the plane you go to the war. Also, you CANNOT resign. You must do your time that you signed on for and if you go AWOL(Absent Without Leave) you are automatically sent to prison. Ft. Leavenworth, KS is where you go. There is no "second chance" or "letting you off the hook." I'm terribly sorry to be so cynical and critical about a story that you obviously have no knowledge of the happenings of, but please refrain from writing anymore about Dear John until you "brush up" on your Military knowledge.
Ashley Coleman chapter 1 . 1/25/2012
You might want to do some spell check because there are a lot of spelling mistakes. Also you might want to check punctuation and grammer. Otherwise the story turned out great!
KeepMovingForward chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
I like it, it's very nicely written. (though in the army they don't ask you to become a general they promote you)
Turtle1999 chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Awwwwwwwww that's so sad. But really good.