Reviews for Souls of Courage
JaneA0202 chapter 52 . 3/9/2013
I really wish there wouldn't be such a scandal about their relationship...true, he is headmaster and she was his student..but she isn't anymore...plus it was all Dumbledore's idea...so If he and Minerva explain it, it should be ok.
JaneA0202 chapter 44 . 3/9/2013
I was surprised that he didn't want to go back at first...true, he is tired of everything, but I thought that If he truly loves Hermione, he would want to go back to her immediately.
JaneA0202 chapter 43 . 3/9/2013
hmm, I understand that he loved Lily for years, but when he told Harry to look at him and that he has his mother'm eyes...it must have been quite a blow to Hermione...he didn't even tell her that he loves her...at least to me it seemed that way...
JaneA0202 chapter 36 . 3/9/2013
Severus has that potion that heals scars...so it should work on her arm...I hope it will, for some reason I disliked it in book too.
JaneA0202 chapter 27 . 3/8/2013
how could amycus get in? I find it hard to believe that Amycus would get past Severus's wards.
hill87 chapter 73 . 3/8/2013
I loved this story. I loved that it stayed true to the books, but had some brilliant changes. Hermione and Snape together is one of my favorites, and this story was exactly how I pictured a relationship with them would develop! Again, LOVED IT! I would love to read more by you! :)
Katja1075 chapter 73 . 3/5/2013
I really liked this story. At the final battle you fit in your story very nicely although I sometimes thought there was a bit too much from the original, but anyway, a great story.
Near the end I almost feared they would neverget their happy ending:-)
In the epilogue you mention 5 children but I only counted 4 with the 2 girls and twin boys, perhaps you'd like to change that.
SerenityWaywards chapter 73 . 3/2/2013
YAY! Congrats I'll do a proper one when my PCs running again this is on my IPod and I cannot log in :(

I'm incredibly happy (strangely) that you didn't reveal what houses their kiddies are in... Leads me to wander... Great final chapter for the story...

Well done on your first completion of this. You should be very proud as am I.

This is one of my favourites as your so fresh to writing it may not be a Chasing The Sun type fan fiction but you've got the most protential I've seen on here in a long while to be.

Take a well earned rest and (hopefully) we will be reading a new story soon.

May a lucky penny find you,
Katherine :)
Guest chapter 52 . 3/1/2013
"Hermione periodically throwing in her two-sense"

The idiom is actually "two cents".
Carling chapter 73 . 2/27/2013
I've been immersing myself in fan fiction after re-reading the original series again a couple of months ago and experiencing for a second time how sad and depressed and dissatisfied I was with the ending of the original. Seriously, I know this sounds stupid but I go into mourning and frustration over how things turned out in the original. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful to JKR for creating this world and these characters in the first place. I'm just not able to be content that it was, is and always will be all about Harry for her, and therefore Remus and Snape are never given their chance to savor life and get a true second chance.

I've come across some wonderfully written stories that let me explore little alternate universes where I get to enjoy many of my favorite characters exploring their full potential in unique ways in the imaginations of the fanfic writers. I must say this story now rises to the top of my all time favorite Severus Snape/Hermione stories. Unlike so many, it did not involve Hermione betraying Ron in their marriage and it didn't involve Ron becoming ruined or irredeemable, either, and for that I thank you. I am so glad he got his happy ending with Gwen. I am also happy that Harry and Ginny were given a happy ending. They aren't my favorite pairing, usually, but I appreciated how you wrote them into the background and made Ginny a fun aunt.

I love how you weaved a surviving Snape so deftly back into the original storyline and in the process, saved my beloved Remus and Tonks. I actually always thought it seemed a bit forced that both were killed in the original. I am glad you found a way to save them both quite realistically.

I really enjoyed rereading the events of the original series but with the alternate universe twist you gave key moments. Like letting Minerva in on Snape's true loyalties. I was always wishing that could have happened in the original. There are just so many things you did like that which made me cheer as I read the story. Another one is where you let Hermione voice the opinion that Lily was a bit "prideful". I laughed and cheered that moment because Hermione's words echoed my own thoughts about the way Lily turned her back on her best friend with the jerk who was his worst tormentor of all people.

I enjoyed reading your notes about what was going on in your life as you were working on each chapter. I was in awe of how beautifully you devoted yourself to writing this story and keeping it so focused and on-track even as your real life got busy and chaotic at times.

Thank you for giving us Snape, Lupin&Tonks and Hermione fans such an incredible gift. And while I love Ron and enjoy many other fanfics in which he enjoys a happy marriage with Hermione, I unfortunately am never going to feel those two really fit together and be happy with their ending in canon. Snape is my first choice for her, (with a reformed Draco being a second choice I've seen done well by some authors). And Hermione is the only character I ever see Snape finding happiness with.

I did not yet read the complaints you got about how you handled their consummation of their relationship. I, for one, think you handled that beautifully. I wish more stories were as restrained and elegant in that aspect as this story was. Pfft to the complaints. Severus and Hermione are not the type who would want their sex life described in graphic detail, after all. They are not Bellatrix!
monami27 chapter 73 . 2/27/2013
Congratulations on your first finished work! You did a wonderful job on it. I really enjoyed this story and like you, enjoyed all your characters and how you portrayed them. You've definitely got a talent for writing and I hope you continue to use it and explore it. (Perhaps even write another HP fanfic).
Thanks for sharing your story with us!
Lauri4Snape chapter 73 . 2/27/2013
Oh gosh.. so I just read this story in one day. I'm not kidding- it took me from 10:30am till 8pm.
It was amazing and I loved it so much! I love how realisticly slow you took their relationship unlike jumping straight into it like some do. Thank you so much for this story!
clearsa taylor chapter 73 . 2/27/2013
i loved it did you just end it or are you going to right more .i wounld be fun to see what house she gets in to .maybe just like her daddy
sportsygirl chapter 73 . 2/27/2013
I really enjoyed it! Loved how it ended with them catching the train! It felt so fitting! Good Job!
L chapter 73 . 2/27/2013
I have read many HP stories but this one has been one of my absolute favorites. I always looked forward to each new chapter. I look forward to reading more of your works in the future.
818 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »