Reviews for A Story of Days to Come
The Great Guru of Stupidstuff chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
You're right, there really aren't that many Gordon fics out there. B & J do a good job of hogging the spotlight, and while they are very interesting characters some more attention should be shown to the less flashier heros like Gordon. Maybe you could do some more on him?
JeanieBeanie33 chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Really well done! You made such a simple prompt into a short, but enjoyable one-shot! I adore Gordon, so I'm glad you chose to give him the spotlight
IcyWaters chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
This was short, but sweet. :-) There are not nearly enough Jim Gordon fics out there, so it’s always a treat to see a new one posted. This is a nice glimpse into what Jim was thinking after his promotion – and how difficult Loeb’s death was for him to cope with. Yet, he was ever the professional and pushed those misgivings aside and went to work.

I like the moment where he drifted into a private memory when picking up his gun. It could represent any number of various scenarios, but I like to think he reflected on his first encounter with the Dark Knight – that night in his office with the stapler, which must have initially felt like a gun to his back. :-)

I would love to see you write a longer piece focusing on the commissioner!