Reviews for A Colder Morning
Guilty Bird chapter 1 . 10/18/2013
I think this premise would be even more depressing than what actually happened in the anime...his poor father, losing both his wife and his son! That's too tragic, the scene at the end was so sad.

But really this idea is kind of hard to pull off as a one-shot, because there are so many loose ends. Poor Poppo.
Shiroi Ichigo-chan chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
Wooow! What an interesting concept! I really liked what you did with the characters. I was a little confused by the 1.32 though (Maybe I'm not getting the hint? Or is it the time that Jintan died?) But Overall it was awesome! Thank you so much for writing this!

Keep Writing

Greets

Shiroi Ichigo
Soie chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
The end is so soft... It's beautiful, perfect. I love Anaru, too :)
Akimoto Kiko chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
I think this is a cool story... I would appreciate it better though if you could separate them into paragraphs for easy reading... Because some people (like me!) can't read so much at one go... Yeah, but great story! :D
PisceanReve chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
I really don't want this to be completed just now-I want to know more! I really love this, and it actually made me tear up a few times. Usually I'm not big on alternate timelines, but this was perfect!
EllieStone chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
This was fabulous! I usually find myself hating alternative timeline stories, but you managed to pull this off really well! I really got the same mood from this as the show, which I think can be really hard to capture.
lex chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
i think you might be a genius. really. everything was so perfectly imagined and so well tied together. i really love how you handled the characters, making them different but keeping some elements of their personalities the same...that can be difficult to do, but you really pulled it off.
paper parasols chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
you are a brilliant writer. really. the entire story is dramatic and emotional. hard-hitting. this is wonderful.
manhattan martini chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
Stories like these are the reason as to why you are one of my favourite writers. Your imagination made the plot, and your perchance to write dramatic ones- they worked. They really worked.

This was beautiful.
ginger sugar chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
It was very, very good. I didn't even think of stopping until I got to the end, everything just flows so naturally, step by step. Yukiatsu and Anaru's conversation before they kiss, and the kiss itself, was kind of a thrill ride, since something unexpected popped up every few sentences, and I really enjoyed it. When they kissed, it was also another surprise, but it was so believable, and i loved it.

And I realy like anaru. I like all of them, but I like Anaru the most because she's so lost and unsure but she's still so good.

And while I was reading, there was this warm, sweet feeling inside of me. And then at the last scene, so peaceful, and my eyes just suddenly welled up. Just suddenly. Nothing like that has ever happened before.

I. I just. I can't find what I want to say. i'm really just rambling here. Just. Thank you. Thank you for writing this.

For the record: I never watched AnoHana. This fic was still beautiful, in this quiet way I may never learn to describe.

M chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
This is honestly amazing. The concept is relatively simple, but genius all the same. And the execution is flawless. You have a very good grip on all of the characters, and I enjoyed how you played with their reactions to a seemingly similar event, and the differences that arouse because of it. Your Anaru POV is very strong, and very sympathetic. Yukiatsu, too, came across very well. His strangely playful relationship with Anaru made this piece especially compelling, and served as a good break for the more intense, tragic scenes.

Best AnoHana fanfic I have ever read. Thank you for writing this.
ahzheejhei chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
ANOHANA OWNS MY SOUL. Anaru's my hands-down favorite character... with Poppo and Yukiatsu tied for second.

I love this. You have the characters down so canon-ly [is that a word?] in this alternate universe.