Reviews for Distance
the alpha phoenix chapter 29 . 10/29/2017
Great chapter and, as always, excellently written. As I’ve been expecting for a while now, it looks like Ayano and Daisuke might be hooking up. I'm hoping that what you have planned in these final chapters includes Takeru and Hikari finally getting together and giving us the payoff that you’ve teased throughout this story with Hikari finally admitting that she does return Takeru’s feelings.

To be honest, no matter what way you look at it, all of the characters have made mistakes in this story and no of them can come out of this smelling like roses. That makes it realistic because, as you said, real life doesn’t have actual villains in this kind of thing and normally all those involved can be partially blamed for what happened.

I'm hoping you’ll update this soon … don’t leave it so long this time, comrade :P
Guest chapter 29 . 10/26/2017
So glad this story is back! I can’t wait for the rest!
Mr.Baratheon97 chapter 28 . 12/13/2016
I really do hope you finish this :) it's close to being time for that cheeky annual update.
Guest chapter 28 . 1/7/2016
Great story! Can't wait for an update
the alpha phoenix chapter 28 . 12/20/2015
It seems that Ayano and Takeru both know that their relationship is coming to an end, but they're both just hanging onto it. I wonder how long they'll keep dating even though they both know that it won't work out in the end. It'll be interesting to see if Daisuke and/or Hikari will make a move before Takeru and Ayano break up. Give me more soon comrade.
StillHurting chapter 28 . 12/16/2015
Just discovered this FF today and read the whole thing in one sitting (that dream chapter really screwed me up lol). Absolutely love it, it's hard for me to find a good Takari fic that I enjoy. Can't wait for the next update, looking forward to it.
Benedick Prospero chapter 28 . 12/16/2015
Reading this chapter the title of an episode from the best romantic comedy (in my opinion at least) I've ever seen came to mind and I feel like it perfectly encapsulates what's going on here. "The Heart is a Dum-Dum" is exactly how I would categorize everything going on here. Takeru, Daisuke, Ayano, and Hikari all fell in the love with the wrong people at the wrong time and it's absolutely destroying them on the inside. Every member this main quartet is suffering from a bad case of awful timing and there's really very little they can do about it other than try to slog through in hopes of finding some semblance of a happy ending.

I'm not sure if this it was meant to be humorous but Hikari and Daisuke sending "You up?" texts to Takeru and Ayano at the same time is hilarious. Monogamy be damned I guess?

With regards to Tri now that there's a set and established pattern of each of the films (at least the first 4) focusing on the relationship between a pair of Chosen in each film (Taichi/Yamato in the 1st and now Mimi/Jyou in the 2nd) we'll probably get final resolution on the state of Takari in either the 3rd or 4th movie depending with the other presumably covering Koushiro and Sora. That would leave 5th and 6th films to bring it all together and put a bow on it.
LullabyStorm chapter 28 . 12/16/2015
I've been following this story for a few years and I smiled when I seen you had updated. I really liked thia chapter, there was a lot of emotions and it made my heart break.

Tbh, when I saw the magazine interview I did get excited. I'm not in the mindset to think they're canon just yet but I'm excited to see how they develop the relationship in the future movies.
DephsXylex chapter 27 . 1/27/2015
Well, that got interesting. Glad I picked this back up. Hope you can update soon.
Benedick Prospero chapter 27 . 10/21/2014
So I finally got caught up on this story after randomly taking a break from it for a while and one thing that kept sticking with me was how grounded in true life reality this story is. There's so many stories on this site with a similar premise to this one where either Hikari or Takeru rejects the other one much to the shock/dismay of everyone else etc etc. What I love about how you differentiate this story is that several people in the story, including Hikari and Takeru themselves, openly question how healthy it would be for them to get together at the end of the day. So many stories choose to gloss over this in favor of "OMG Takari!" but the reality is that it is very much a weird really honest to god unhealthy relationship that Takeru and Hikari have. If they get together it will be even more weird because it will be on the heels of Takeru breaking up with the girlfriend he got with in the first place because Hikari rejected him several times. Also, I like that you make no illusions as to the two of them being aware of each other's feelings towards one another. Of course they would recognize that being the close best friends they are, yet so many stories for the sake of cheap drama choose to make them ignorant of each other's feelings.

To make everything even more messy Ayano truly does love Takeru and is not a terrible person just imperfect, and wholly innocent in this mess that is Takeru/Hikari's relationship because after all it was Takeru who initiated their romance and insists on staying together. I like that you've written "the interloper" role (I know kind of a debasing term, but it kind of fits) as a real fleshed out character, someone who was unfortunately caught in the kind of sick emotional crossfire that is Takeru and Hikari. Ayano is stuck loving someone who's trying to use her so he doesn't have to deal with his feelings for the girl who has hurt him so many times before, and it's really a sad situation. Again, this is what makes this story so connected to reality in that you don't gloss over the fact that the person technically stopping (obviously Takeru could break it off anytimes he wants, but you get the point) a Takari romance isn't treated as a mere obstacle, but rather as an actual human with feelings and desires who has just as much right ot be happy as anyone else in this story.

I guess ultimately what I'm trying to say is thank you for taking the difficult path when it comes to this romance story. The easy path is mighty tempting, but nowhere near as satisfying and realistic.
Ultimateblack chapter 27 . 9/18/2014
27 chapters of drama... Gosh do all takari Fics have to be cheesy :P
chromate chapter 27 . 9/4/2014
Indeed, Takeru, who is it that you have been looking at?

In a way it felt strange. I mean, yea I get that Ayano is basically a substitute for Hikari when Takeru want to get absolutely away from her, but pretending all's good and fair is, well, just dumb. Especially so when your own friends don't like your girlfriend that much as well.
the alpha phoenix chapter 27 . 8/30/2014
One thing I definitely got from the first scene is that the spark in Takeru's and Ayano's relationship has gone out. It seems like they're only just keeping up appearances. Masato's description of Patamon and Gatomon is an interesting one but it actually makes sense given that normal humans probably fear Digimon after all of the trouble they caused. Your quote of the day makes sense now that I've finished reading and that twist was something that I wasn't expecting. I'm interested in what you have for us in the next chapter ... so update soon!
Guest chapter 26 . 8/2/2014
It's been a while. We can really use an update...and some more Takari scenes...
YourSecretAdmire chapter 26 . 7/19/2014