Reviews for The Adventure of the Löwenmähner Pension
Hildegaarde chapter 9 . 6/12/2022
This was such a fun story, I enjoyed every bit of it! Congratulations on writing a really good detective story!
mrspencil chapter 9 . 8/6/2019
I thoroughly enjoyed this tale. Impressed with all the threads you kept going with throughout:-)
Deana chapter 9 . 1/26/2019
Great story!
SaraiEsq chapter 9 . 10/20/2014
Nice!
Abracadebra chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
I just re-read this from start to finish. It is one of the best-concocted stories on the HH site! What a well-plotted caper. I didn't think I could laugh so much at a story that hinges on the possible demise of one of our heroes.
Fortune Maiden chapter 9 . 9/12/2013
This story is really great I love the murder mystery setting and with Newkirk as Holmes calling the shots and assigning detective roles to everyone else. (And Arsene Lupin's letter was just the icing on the cake!)

And funnily enough, upon rereading this (and thus knowing the outcome) this story follows Knox's rules of Fair Play really well. I'm amazed at how much I missed the first time around. So many well placed little details
FlavishamXIII chapter 9 . 2/19/2013
Wow...I have to say this is really good. I was reading this none stop not even bothering to do something productive today. I really hope you continue writing, you've got talent! :)
RailGirl1 chapter 9 . 7/11/2012
I really really really love this story. Oops I think you get the point. Anyway great story and really funny. It was nice what you named each chapter, that was cool. Also I would like to thank you for reading my story Things don't always go as planned.
h311h0und chapter 9 . 6/22/2012
Haha very enjoyable.. luckily Hochstetter wasn't there or it would have been an end for our heroes.. anyhow thank goodness Newkirk is back to normal, though it would be interesting to see what would happen if they had another similar incident... though it would be funny if Carter really thought he was Watson. Poor Newkirk would have to try and live in Sherlock's world. Lol. I won't pressure you into it though so no fear. I'm not that mean :)
Jennaya chapter 9 . 2/27/2012
I truly enjoyed this story. Loved the unique perspective it was told from. Good job.
rutika chapter 9 . 1/30/2012
Well, what can I say? I loved it!

As a mystery fan, reader of all the Poirot, Holmes, etc. This whole story was just delightful. Thank you.
snooky-9093 chapter 9 . 1/30/2012
Congrats. This was one of the most original and entertaining stories I have read. And I shall have to read it again to catch things I missed. The missing chapter at the end reminds me of the MASH episode on which the last ch. from the rooster crows at midnight is missing and they track down the author. Forwarded this story link to my sister. She loves mysteries!
snooky chapter 3 . 1/29/2012
I am reminded of a nice Agatha Christie mystery. Or Columbo. LOL. How convenient that Newkirk can't recall anything.
snooky chapter 2 . 1/20/2012
Well, i had a feeling this was coming. Hit him with a candlestick. LOL. Loved this exchange.

Everyone's quick to blame the alien," a voice resounded in the stairs. Everybody turned their heads as Colonel Senf descended slowly.

"Monsieur- Oberst Senf," Etienne, the innkeeper stepped forward. "Do you need anything, sir?"

The colonel looked at the people around and then at Newkirk and the body on the floor. "Anything but what they were having will be all right." He went to sit at the bar.

The opposite of the deli scene in When Harry met Sally. LOL.
snooky-9093 chapter 1 . 1/19/2012
This is fabulous. I,m already trying to keep everyone straight. And who is going to get it! And the ending of the chapter was priceless. You obviously put a lot of thought into the first chapter.