Reviews for Monster
KingHerod chapter 12 . 5/7/2014
Well, if you want predictions... Something bad happened to Merlyn. Maybe Garand himself killed her, or watched her get killed. Something inside him broke, and he turned into a murdering, women-hating bastard. Either that, or he was one all along.

The only thing I wonder is, how the Hell can Roy be this stupid? This naïve? This...well, forgive me for saying so...out of character? I like the plot of the story, but both Roy and Riza are quite out of character here.

Garand is doing something very, very illegal. Hawkeye knows this very well, and would also know that demoting Mustang without just cause is merely an empty threat. It is simply not how the demotion/promotion-system works. I just cannot imagine Hawkeye standing for this type of abuse from a man like Garand. Her father? ...Maybe. But not a man who plays such a little role in her life - and has for such a short time too - as Garand.
And as for Roy... He didn't get where he is (or was) by being stupid and naïve. He would never believe Hawkeye was hurting herself, and when they all know that Garand disrespects all of them, and Hawkeye especially, he would be the first one Roy would suspect in this scenario.

I just cannot see him being this...foolish.

That said; you have a good concept. It just needs working.
Queen Elenya Hawk chapter 21 . 12/2/2013
Olivier! :D I loved this!
Queen Elenya Hawk chapter 20 . 12/2/2013
I thought Garand had killed Merylin, I'm glad she's alive.
Overall it was a very interesting story, thanks for sharing it!
Queen Elenya Hawk chapter 18 . 12/2/2013
I didn't understand exactly why Garand had decided to drop everything so suddenly. He would be blamed for abusing Hawkeye, but yet he could have tried to hide the fact that he was the Slasher. I mean, he left all the evidence right there on his desk.
Queen Elenya Hawk chapter 15 . 12/2/2013
Finally!
Queen Elenya Hawk chapter 14 . 12/2/2013
No, I never expected him to rape her, I was more of the idea that his hate came from being gay. But now that we know there's been some girl in his life I know it has something to do with that.
Queen Elenya Hawk chapter 12 . 12/2/2013
I'm annoyed at Roy for not even doubting Garand. At this point I can't believe he still chooses to ignore the signs, sure Riza keeps denying it, but didn't he hear anything? Didn't it even occur to him that she may not be saying anything because she's been threatened? It's time this situation ends for good.
Queen Elenya Hawk chapter 7 . 12/1/2013
I hate him! I want everyone in the military knowing about this abuse ASAP so they can do something about it. Riza, be strong ;_;
Queen Elenya Hawk chapter 6 . 12/1/2013
I'm sorry for Miss Anderson and I don't even know her. About the Slasher, I suspect he's Garand but maybe that's just what you want us to believe.
Queen Elenya Hawk chapter 3 . 12/1/2013
I fear they're making a big mistake by not keeping it a secret, but let's see...
Queen Elenya Hawk chapter 1 . 12/1/2013
I'm scared, I'm very angry at this new character and I also feel like crying. This is how I feel about this chapter. I'm afraid this fic might play with my mental health.
Idelia chapter 1 . 11/19/2013
Well as far as the gintama character goes there are only two characters I can think of. It has to be either Okita or Kamui (I kinda lean in favor of Kamui), but anywho nicely done, really like your style and the story is interesting. Keep up the good work.
gibbyreader chapter 7 . 9/2/2013
i like this story
jasoncausey2 chapter 7 . 8/20/2013
i think the asshole is the slasher. he hates woman, missing on the day of the secratarys murder and reassiagn the case to less perpared people
Insane-Emi-Chu chapter 21 . 7/2/2013
omfg thank for this wonderful story