Reviews for Mass Effect: Echoes
JonasReed-2110 chapter 5 . 7/15/2015
Hey, are you still there? I'm looking to adopt a story, and yours has a brilliant character base to work off of. Would it be possible to adopt it? Feel free to look at my writing and decide. This is your thought child after all.
Janizary chapter 4 . 10/31/2011
"Except perhaps, "Dogs" which she was fairly sure was a Popular meal on Earth." - And that produced a very undignified snort from my office ;)

Legacy White Shear - Where's my cookie?

Liked the interaction between Finn and Anya. Just worked well.
Janizary chapter 3 . 10/31/2011
Not sure how, but I must have missed the chapter update for chapter 3, but thought I was missing something when I started chatper 4, so I backed up. ;)

Thanks for the answering note, it fills in a lot of questions I was having. Particularly now that I've finished chapter 3 and was sitting there scratching my head thinking "I never forget THIS MUCH of a story". Heh.

Anyway, like the change ups. Dialog is engaging.

On to chapter 4 (now that I'm not lost)
Rec0n412 chapter 3 . 10/30/2011
Alright, so we've got a group of mercs whose motives are compltely unknow to, and to an extent to themselves...

Then, we have a quarian fresh off the pilgrimage wagon.

This, is going to be fun.

Oh, and you killed off a main character. :O

So, I more than look forward to the chapters that are to come. Also, I really have to commend you for not turning your characters into OC shepards. You've struck a balance between bad-assery and a sort of realism. Namely that your characters are capable and more than a little bit dangerous. Yet, they cannot simply wave their little finger in the general direction of an approaching krogan and kill him.

I would also like to offer my condolences for your loss. It is never easy to deal with the passing of a friend, especially one who you are close to.
CaliforniaTD chapter 3 . 10/30/2011
Sorry to hear about your loss. The death of a close friend is no lightweight tragedy.

On Echoes: The characters just seem so more spherical than they did the original cut of Echoes, and things just feel more coherent.

I'd say the rebooting of this story was a good decision, Spaced. Once again, I'm your loyal reader. Keep em' coming, by all means.

A triumphant return!
Janizary chapter 2 . 8/1/2011
I'd like to have compared the original chapter to this one. Reading through it I was convinced it was almost a different chapter from the one I read some time back. Just my curiosity. Something definitely felt different and expanded. How much was updated/expanded?
ItsADrizzit chapter 2 . 7/27/2011
Mmmm. This is really good. Your descriptions are really amazing and I love your dialogue. The conversations and interactions between the characters are intriguing already and the story's only in the second chapter. Keep up the good work. I'm really enjoying this even though I don't know as much about ME as I feel like I should.
CaliforniaTD chapter 2 . 7/25/2011
As a fan of the original Echoes, I can already say this is turning out to be Mass Effect: Echoes, The Director's Cut. And I mean that in a good way.

I've already spotted a ton of differences between the original and the republish. Many of them for the better. Such as a better reason why Rhyder and the crew are in Blood Pack Territory, better detail, more light shed on the characters, and all the good stuff. Good going, Spacey.
SaiLena chapter 2 . 7/23/2011
this is interesting. I like it
Janizary chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Okay, I thought the brief on this story looked awfully familiar. ;)

You could have sent a PM to those of us who had been faithful readers that this was up. I was wondering if you fell off the planet.

And, there's something wrong with this sentence:

"A shrill alarm like an animal raw barked int life"

"raw" roar? "int" into?

Rec0n412 chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
Alright, I'm interested. Interesting plot, with a character that isn't flat and has room to develope, and a cliff hanger interest.

Speaking of which I think I may have caught a spelling error:

" like an animal raw ", with referrence to "raw".

Keep up the good work, I'm looking forward to reading more.