Reviews for A Meeting of Minds
Nom de Plume chapter 8 . 7/30/2013
I'd be lying if I said I have already read all of the best RK stories on this site, but I think it's pretty safe for me to say I read most of the well-known and widely received RK ficcies at least - which means I have seen a lot of variations of the Battousai. But what I notice that most authors do is that they seem to view Battousai as the more 'evil' persona, which I guess I can't fault them for. What you did here though was give him a very sympathetic side that us readers can actually connect with.

For once, I felt like he is a human being, not just some schizo-side personality that is the personification of sin. He has the makings of the rurouni and vice versa, which really reinforces the point that you have been trying to make, they really are one person. Which is why I really liked how you even gave his gentle, rurouni persona some characteristics of what the battousai is usually 'symbolic' of: lust. Yes, he's one of the most gentlemanly and noble characters out there, but he's a male and human, too... but some people seem to overlook that point and have to use the excuse of his Battousai side to draw that out.

I love, love! the dream world you created for them, the scene of rurouni Kenshin fishing is so on point. And using the river as a reflection of their feelings was a very nice touch because it further emphasizes that this dreamscape is just a projection of their mind- the place that holds all their thoughts and emotions. And don't get me started on their banter, gods. And the fact that both Kenshin and Kaoru are ignorant of the other's thoughts/plans/misunderstandings just make the interaction all the more fun!

While I know angst follows Kenshin like a disease, I appreciate the fact that you did not linger on his self-depreciating thoughts... because god knows, I've read too much of that to recite them all by now. A nice dosage is of course needed sometimes, since romance and him can never cooperate, but this seems to be more of a fun story than anything.

I am also in awe of how well you handle all three perspectives (Rurouni, Battousai, and Kaoru)- the constant hesitance in Battousai's actions, Rurouni's sage-like ways and then second-guessing his own advice in the next moment, and Kaoru's bullheaded reactions to all these surprises (you gotta give that girl props for how she's handling this)... Truly, I can keep going on but I rather not recite everything to an author who already knows what she's doing.

It's a pity though that it seems like you've lost steam for this... This cliffhanger you left for us had hinted at all kinds of trouble that Kaoru has for Kenshin, and this time, his other persona had finally returned too! Ah, you are too cruel. I should have never read this story but despite knowing the date you had last updated, I just couldn't stop. I would have rather read this than not at all. Thank-you for sharing this baby with us. And on behalf of the readers (and myself), I shall hopelessly pray for your muse to return.
kyoandyuya chapter 8 . 5/27/2013
please update more! love the kbk interactions here! ;)
Fire Kitsune chapter 8 . 5/16/2013
Please finish this story!
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 8 . 5/2/2013
She really needs to be direct with him. "I love you and I don't care about you're past! You should know that by now!"

I am very sorry that this is not finished as I found it a rather entertaining read. A lot of people like to think of Battousai as the more feral side of his personality, which would tap into basic needs and instincts more so I can see it. I find it strange that neither Kenshin nor Battousai seem to realize that. Good thing they didn't run into someone like Saitou on the way out...that would have been...bad.

Anyway, I would like to see a conclusion of this, although I understand losing things and having to retype them and what not, so good luck there.
CaylieJelly chapter 7 . 3/25/2013
Daaamn, I love this one! It's balanced and in character. Well, I don't know about Kenshin but it seems fitting.
Haku Tori chapter 8 . 3/20/2013
Oh, please continue. It's been years, yet I wish you would finish this story. Oh... The fluff. , but you giving me and other reviewers a cliffhanger makes me feel .
Haku Tori chapter 6 . 3/20/2013
KYAAAAAAAAA! I love fluff! So cute!
Rainfelt aka Phoe-chan chapter 8 . 12/11/2012
I have enjoyed this piece thus far. I find many have a hard time portraying Battousai even remotely close to what he really is/was. Many go for an overly angry, obsessed, possessive, the list goes on...

In essence, they exaggerate personality traits to the point well beyond believability. You have not done that, and I greatly appreciate your efforts in keeping his character in tact to the best of your ability. I find the interactions and exchanges here much better than many other stories I have read. I do hope to see you continue this one day, if the mood strikes you, because I am certain I would enjoy what you would put out.

Thanks for writing and sharing!
A Midsummer Night's Dream chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
He had to wonder just how hard his other self was laughing about the whole thing.

"Damn, but the rurouni must be laughing himself silly over this."

Pfft. Both of you are so amusing.
christine chapter 5 . 12/24/2011
im hopelessly in love with this fanfic really looking forward to the next chapter
kirallie chapter 8 . 9/12/2011
Poor Kenshin. I like it!
Azhwi chapter 7 . 5/30/2011
I've read this story I think, perhaps, four times or so? At least. Each time, I'm keep giggling. While the initial dream story from earlier was somber - this is just hilarious. Hot, sexy, but still hilarious.

Kenshin's interactions with himself are interesting, amusing, and believable. Their companionship in complete and utter confusion and dismay (We're screwed) was a delight, but the snickering in the last parts of chapter 8 just kill me.

So happy that Battousai has rediscovered his ability to laugh!
ayasora chapter 8 . 4/5/2011
ahahaha XD just as awesome as i remember it. great to see you updated recently! D

literally, i haven't read this story in years, as weird as that is to say. i can't believe its been so long! lol. this story is the first fanfic I've completely read-re-read actually-from the 1st to last updated chapter since i've been back on this site. ) ive kinda been on a hiatus from cuz a lot of my fav stories unfortunately haven't been updated in years. lol. so reading this brings back memories...

awesome chapter! great writing. i remember why i came back now. XD update sooooon pleaseeee. lol. don't leave us in suspense!
ilyena damodred chapter 8 . 3/17/2011
dear lord. You update annually?
Jasmine blossom625 chapter 7 . 2/22/2011
I would really like to see this story updated! *hint hint*