Reviews for A Meeting of Minds
Ceres Ryu chapter 8 . 6/28/2018
Ok quiero de regalo , es una buena historia, ojala puedas seguir disfrutando de ella, actualiza pronto.
le.pechi chapter 8 . 2/1/2017
:D
I'm afraid I'm terribly hoping for the next chapter now.
Seriously!
I loved it.
And I hope I'll see Battousai again :3

Keep writing! XD
Sweetishcross chapter 1 . 1/16/2017
So my last review was incomplete, because my cellphone is awesome, but as i was saying, Battousai is balanced and it's the first time i saw him as such. He's always an exageration of everything that's bad but in this fic he's human. The dream scenario is perfect and the interaction between battousai and rurouni is on point. I really hope you pick this up again, even though it's highly unlikely given the last time you updated.
Sweetishcross chapter 8 . 1/16/2017
once again, another great story begins only to end on a cliffhangerthis is by far the best of all fics i've read regarding the split personality. This is the first balanced Battousai character
Celestia8994 chapter 8 . 9/24/2016
NOOOOO THIS CAN'T BE THE END!
twistedgunmetal chapter 8 . 9/25/2015
This is TOO cute. 3
Taishou chapter 8 . 4/15/2015
Sweet lord why this isnts finished?! This is absolute intense fic and its not finished T.T
Not fairrr... i like it
orchid14 chapter 8 . 2/5/2015
Ooh no, it is incomplete? I hope you'll update soon!
riaanaa chapter 8 . 1/31/2015
Wow..this is good..but not updated for so long..abandoned ?
catharsys chapter 1 . 1/28/2015
This is such a wonderful piece! Your characterization is on point; I applaud the way you present the Rurouni and Battousai as, in all actuality, one and the same person, and are just representations of Kenshin's physical, emotional, and psychological facets (and not Battousai as an isolated evil incarnate).

I have a particular bias towards metaphors, symbolism, and imagery, so the dreamscape theme you've created gets a million points from me! :)

The pacing is also done just right, with each chapter ending with cliffhangers that are not overindulgent that it turns a bit cliche. The shift from one character's perspective to another is also commendable, as it is not taxing for the reader.

I also like the way you make the reader visualize the setting of the scene; the descriptions and actions are not overly worded that it's tiring to read, but also not too lacking that it appears hasty.

I'm a little sad that this fic hasn't been updated in well over four years, but I hope, in behalf of all the fans of this story, that your inspiration to continue this comes back to you (if it ever left). And I hope that you still get to see this review not only to let you know how good it is, but also because I want to thank you for sharing an amazing story! :)
Guest chapter 8 . 12/13/2014
So much symbolism! I love it!
You've made the steamy parts so unlemony yet so satisfying. Wouldn't have it any other way. I really like how you've presented the thought processes of each of the characters. The dreamscape is a nice touch too. This is a wonderful story, and I'm so sad I've reached the last chapter you updated! Need to see deductive Kaoru!
Thanks for the story, and I hope you pick it up again :)
Nom de Plume chapter 8 . 7/30/2013
I'd be lying if I said I have already read all of the best RK stories on this site, but I think it's pretty safe for me to say I read most of the well-known and widely received RK ficcies at least - which means I have seen a lot of variations of the Battousai. But what I notice that most authors do is that they seem to view Battousai as the more 'evil' persona, which I guess I can't fault them for. What you did here though was give him a very sympathetic side that us readers can actually connect with.

For once, I felt like he is a human being, not just some schizo-side personality that is the personification of sin. He has the makings of the rurouni and vice versa, which really reinforces the point that you have been trying to make, they really are one person. Which is why I really liked how you even gave his gentle, rurouni persona some characteristics of what the battousai is usually 'symbolic' of: lust. Yes, he's one of the most gentlemanly and noble characters out there, but he's a male and human, too... but some people seem to overlook that point and have to use the excuse of his Battousai side to draw that out.

I love, love! the dream world you created for them, the scene of rurouni Kenshin fishing is so on point. And using the river as a reflection of their feelings was a very nice touch because it further emphasizes that this dreamscape is just a projection of their mind- the place that holds all their thoughts and emotions. And don't get me started on their banter, gods. And the fact that both Kenshin and Kaoru are ignorant of the other's thoughts/plans/misunderstandings just make the interaction all the more fun!

While I know angst follows Kenshin like a disease, I appreciate the fact that you did not linger on his self-depreciating thoughts... because god knows, I've read too much of that to recite them all by now. A nice dosage is of course needed sometimes, since romance and him can never cooperate, but this seems to be more of a fun story than anything.

I am also in awe of how well you handle all three perspectives (Rurouni, Battousai, and Kaoru)- the constant hesitance in Battousai's actions, Rurouni's sage-like ways and then second-guessing his own advice in the next moment, and Kaoru's bullheaded reactions to all these surprises (you gotta give that girl props for how she's handling this)... Truly, I can keep going on but I rather not recite everything to an author who already knows what she's doing.

It's a pity though that it seems like you've lost steam for this... This cliffhanger you left for us had hinted at all kinds of trouble that Kaoru has for Kenshin, and this time, his other persona had finally returned too! Ah, you are too cruel. I should have never read this story but despite knowing the date you had last updated, I just couldn't stop. I would have rather read this than not at all. Thank-you for sharing this baby with us. And on behalf of the readers (and myself), I shall hopelessly pray for your muse to return.
kyoandyuya chapter 8 . 5/27/2013
please update more! love the kbk interactions here! ;)
Fire Kitsune chapter 8 . 5/16/2013
Please finish this story!
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 8 . 5/2/2013
She really needs to be direct with him. "I love you and I don't care about you're past! You should know that by now!"

I am very sorry that this is not finished as I found it a rather entertaining read. A lot of people like to think of Battousai as the more feral side of his personality, which would tap into basic needs and instincts more so I can see it. I find it strange that neither Kenshin nor Battousai seem to realize that. Good thing they didn't run into someone like Saitou on the way out...that would have been...bad.

Anyway, I would like to see a conclusion of this, although I understand losing things and having to retype them and what not, so good luck there.