Reviews for The Wizard and the Lonely Princess
RenGreen chapter 5 . 11/28/2011
Aw, is Nightmare falling in love with Harry? She is small enough get in through the Cat entrance of each Common Room and bypass the password or riddle needed to get inside, which means Nightmare can get into mischief when Harry isn’t keeping an eye on her.

Princess Luna might be hesitant to let Harry fall behind on his muggle education and insist that he sign up for mail correspondence classes, much to Hermione Granger’s envy. Furthermore, this would give Luna and Nightmare access to books on science, chemistry, physics, etc. that aren’t available in the elementary school library or the wizarding world. See FOR SCIENCE! on TV tropes.

At Flourish and Blotts, there probably won’t be much on item enchantment because such knowledge would be considered trade secrets. However, Luna and Nightmare are clever enough to reverse-engineer magical objects through trial and error.

I can picture Harry giving Nightmare a toy broomstick for Christmas that’d let her hover two feet off the ground, assuming that he cannot figure out how to weave Levitation Charms into her body.
Hollow Phantom Drewits chapter 5 . 11/28/2011
Ya know what I actually like this surprisingly enough, I originally just read this for the laughs figuring it'd be too absurd to not be funny, but after reading this I like this and was actually disappointed when I reached the end. So here's hoping you write more soon.

-Drewits
eric peterson chapter 5 . 11/27/2011
well it seems nightmare also cares about harry which okay to me i wonder though what did nightmare mean about one day? does she love harry? is this going to turn into like a love story with a love triangle thing? and just what did that last part of that chapter meant by saying they don't know just what's around the corner? do they go to hogwarts in the next chapter? i'm thinking that's what is going to happen in the story anyway that pretty fast that you wrote this new chapter so soon i mean i read the last one around last week please write another chapter very soon again this is a really good story.
Azuth chapter 5 . 11/27/2011
I...did not expect that.

Nightmare Moon plushie? Brilliant. XD
Waspy chapter 5 . 11/27/2011
God help us if Nightmare ever sees Star Wars, or those James Bond movies, or Monty Python reruns.

Depending on how much wealth Harry has access to at Gringotts, Luna could teach Harry how to locate gems and previous metals like Rarity the fashionista. There might be a few mineral veins in the Forbidden Forest.

For the Mirror of Esired, it’d be touching if Harry saw himself as an alicorn standing alongside Princess Luna. There’s a psychological condition known as Species Dysphoria where someone longs to be an animal or non-human, a mentality Nightmare would encourage as it'd limit Harry's emotional attachment to humans and wizardkind.

After the Troll attack, Luna might reward Harry by knighting him. When you’re knighted by a highly magical creature who happened to be a princess, you might gain unique powers or responsibilities which could manifest itself as a visible mark or an aura that can be felt felt by those sensitive to magic.

To help prepare Harry for Pegasus magic, Luna could enspell his shoes with weak levitation charms to act like training wheels so Harry can get a feel for broomless flight and walking on clouds.
dialNforNinja chapter 5 . 11/27/2011
An interesting set up for the reveal of the Wizarding World next chapter, and he plushie Nightmare Moon is a nice way to get all three of them in a dialogue, though I was kind of thinking it would be neat to see a bit of "playing in lunar gravity," maybe Harry and Luna having a contest to see you can do the most backflips in one jump during a break from studying magic, frex, it's not neccessary for moving the story forward, and can always be inserted later as a stress-break while at Hogwarts. I take it the snake episode went off largely unchanged? I wonder if Luna even reacted to Harry being able to talk to it beyond "That's interesting" - an ability to speak to animals (and apparently only the onde kind of animal) would actually be a bit weak for a Cutie Mark power... I do wonder if she had him check his hip, though.

Hee, maybe Princess Luna's influence could see such marks manfiesting on Harry and his closest assosciates - not neccessarily just freinds, the ones who get exposed the most to his magic after being trained in the Equestrian method for a year or so before even seeing a wand.

For that matter, is the end of Luna's banishment due anytime soon? Even if none of the others could amanage the magic (and I'd be hesitant to say that about Twilight Sparkle, myself) I'm sure Celly would want to check on and possibly thank the person who made her little sister's exile even a little less lonely, given that it was her being lonely and eventually jealous of Celestia's attention to/from everypony else that caused the problem in the first place.

It's hard to see Nightmare acting in the same way on the Ponyville side even this soon, since she has an attachment to Harry and has to know that entirely supressing Luna to take control of the shared body would (at the minimum) upset him and undo all her effort at gaining his trust. It's very easy to see the highly friendship-oriented ponies giving "even Nightmare Moon" a second chance if she didn't, especially if projecting-Harry is there and at least semi-visible to them to speak up for her, and possibly Luna herself, since Nightmare hasn't been all crazy-evil-cackling and megalomaniacal recently.

Anyway, it's good to see it continue, and to see you continuing to develop and improve things.

- dNN
vaward chapter 5 . 11/27/2011
For an animated plushy, it’d be useful if Nightmare had a storage pouch in her belly for stolen items pilfered from students and teachers. In the 80s, Popples had marsupial-like pouches.

Most HP fanfics have a shopping spree in Diagon Alley. Unicorn HORNS (21galleons each) and hair (10galleons per hair) can be purchased as potion ingrediants, and Harry might be able to place a special order for Abraxan feathers from Beauxbatons. Also, Harry could buy a collar for Nightmare’s toy body that’d periodically release a low-level Cheering Charm to mitigate her grumpiness, megalomania, and anger management issues.

Earth ponies have a subtle magical connection to the Earth, a skill Luna might be able to teach Harry which would help in him in Herbology and Potions. In addition, earth pony magic might let Harry sense or feel magical signatures so long as his feet remain in contact with the ground, sort of like in “Moonbeam” by Laurence Brown (first demonstrated in Chapter6) and its sequel “Phases of the Moon.” The closest Harry Potter analogue would be “Other People’s Magic” by which has been taken off but is available on the Caer Azkaban yahoogroup run by Rorschach’sBlot.

Nightmare’s desire for the ability to taste and eat food again could backfire if Harry decided that she needs a daily dose of Calming Draught to mitigate her grumpiness, megalomania, and anger management issues.
Fk306 chapter 5 . 11/27/2011
this is great I look forward to more
whitedorumon chapter 5 . 11/27/2011
Every time a new chapter gets realeased, I get more exited than my pet puppy after not seeing me for a few hours.

This story... is awsome. It defies explaination with its sheer awsomeness. and YOU are clearly at the very least a demi-god of writing.

I eagrely await your next chapter.

-WhiteDorumon-
WildCard-Yes Man chapter 5 . 11/27/2011
Great story so far!
michael68 chapter 5 . 11/26/2011
“Harry, why is your toy locked in a cage?”

“Because she was bad and is being punished.”

O_O ?

Will Harry ever get a Cutie Mark? Maybe I'll be a lightning bolt superimposed over a crescent moon.

Luna: "Happy Cute-ceanera!" (see episode 'Call of the Cutie')

I can picture a wizard's Cutie Mark acting like a focusing mechanism so Harry would gain greater talent in wandless magic that cannot be traced by the Ministry.
wrong light chapter 5 . 11/26/2011
This story always makes me smile and feel all warm a fuzzy. Keep up the good work.
1Batman4u chapter 5 . 11/26/2011
Would the unicorns in the Forbidden Forest sense Harry’s bond to Princess Luna? Does their spiritual bonds make Harry 'Prince' or Luna's equal?

Would Luna and Nightmare be disturbed at seeing unicorns that cannot speak and lack intelligence? Can they “bless” the unicorns of the Forbidden Forest to make them more like the Equestrian Ponies? The emergence of a new sentient species [(that'd like ally with the Centaurs)] would throw the political landscape into chaos.

In canon, willingly-given unicorn blood is one of the most powerful magical ingrediants in existence. Adding willingly-given unicorn blood to Polyjuice Potion with Luna’s permission could be the catalyst needed to turn Harry into a unicorn animagus.
ranma hibiki chapter 5 . 11/26/2011
just had to laugh when nightmare took over the stuffed plushie. so "evil" and yet so adorable *chuckles*. now harry just has to make one for luna then watch her an nightmare "beat the stuffing out of each other" even with the magic used to make them tear resistant. or can just get on with his life *smirks*

either way. im finding this interesting to read and enjoying following along with it. i can't wait to see how the girls react to diagon alley and gringotts

keep up the good work
TheEdgiestOfEdgelords chapter 5 . 11/26/2011
wow child play and nightmare on elms street (i see what you did there ewe) epic clap to you my friend
1,597 | « Prev Page 1 .. 93 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 .. Last Next »