Reviews for The Wizard and the Lonely Princess
drvash chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
I loved your description of Harry’s trunk room, simple yet comfortable. The recliner chair was a nice touch and made me think of Lyra/Heartstrings. Later on, they might decorate the walls with Luna’s paintings or enchant the ceiling to look like the sky. The artificial sunlight given off by the enchanted ceiling could make it possible to have a few potted flowers or a small planter box that’d liven up the room; I'm not sure if Luna or Nightmare needs to worry about Vitamin-D deficiency from a lack of sunlight.

Because the trunk will be in a dormitory room, it'd be clever if the trunk's lid was modified so someone inside could eavesdrop on people talking nearby without actually opening the lid. You'd be surprised at what some people say when they're in private and think nobody will overhear them.

As time goes by and they pick up more books and knick-knacks, they might get a wardrobe or cabinet with its own interior expansion charms to save space as a “sitting room” isn’t too large; bonus points if the wardrobe is blue like Doctor Who’s Tardis or had Narnia-themed engravings. The trunk room isn’t set up handle a potions work station, but there are plenty of unused classrooms at Hogwarts for such activities.

Of course, there isn’t any reason Harry can’t sell his current trunk later on and get a different one as his needs change. “Previously Owned by Harry Potter” would make it a collector’s item and help Harry recoup the money he spends; just because you have a trust vault doesn’t mean you can’t be smart about your spendings.
Faux Reves chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
I liked this chapter, and the history on Equestria. Nice touch. Also Luna eating meat made me laugh, I can totally see her doing that! Plus, I do beleive that the brown haired girl is Hermione. :D
eric peterson chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
another good chapter as always about what luna said earlier in the chapter wouldn't harry be dead after a thousand years since that was when luna/nightmare would return to equestria? so i don't think they'll be able to bring harry with them when the time comes for them to return to equestria unless wizards live a lot longer than humans do anyway write again when you have the time please.
Honest Lunar Raven chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
Yay! Another Chappy! This is one of my favorite fics im reading religously right now, so i love to see it get updated so quickly :)
Muminpappan chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
pleas tell my is not going to be in gryffindor
Waspy chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
Aww, Harry is so thoughtful. Hugs for everyone!

As Harry practices wood carving, he could ask Luna to paint or decorate his carvings and then display their work on the nic-nac shelf.

Luna talked about diplomatic dinners with the griffins and Hearth Warming Eve. When dreaming, could Luna show Harry her memories of Celestia or events in Equestria's history? It'd be ironic if Harry was more afraid of Discord than Voldemort.
michael68 chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
I liked Luna’s magic lesson as it let Harry figure things out on his own. It was nice change of pace to see Luna being playful and mischievous in her mentoring, as well as her thinking about humanity’s pros and cons in contrast to Ponykind.

If Harry does start wearing a ring focus like a unicorn’s horn ring, gossipy students might think Harry is betrothed or in an arranged marriage. They might ask Harry “Who’s the lucky girl?” with poor Harry not understanding what’s going on while Hermione rants about how backwards the wizard society is. Depending on how manipulative Dumbledore is, the headmaster might get worried over the idea of Harry getting romantically involved with a girl who isn’t a Pureblood (i.e. Ginny Weasley) and ask Severus Snape to mind-probe Harry to discover this mystery girl’s identity.

P.S.

I just realized something: Nightmare Moon’s cutie mark is just a copy of Princess Luna’s and doesn’t reflect her own individuality, so the symbol on her flank might change once Nightmare Moon “discovers a unique characteristic that sets her apart from others.” Heck, Harry could throw her a cute-ceanera party like Diamond Tiara had.
1Batman4u chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
Thanks for giving Luna more screen-time and expanding her personality to include an interest in art and painting. In canon-HP, there are color-changing ink and spells to temporarily animate doodles; in the third movie Draco made an animated drawing of Harry getting hit by lightning.

I can imagine Luna and Hedwig fighting over the last piece of bacon. Don’t forget that Luna linked her senses to Nightmare Moon, so the little plushie tastes everything Luna eats and may not like the same things Luna does.

Also, I enjoyed Nightmare’s personality growth: wearing glasses, reading Edgar Allan Poe, and emphasizing the importance of financial management.
JFox101 chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
I can't believe I'm saying this about a story with My Little Pony but, I like this! And I love how Nightmare Moon is a stuffed toy now!
whitedorumon chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
Yay, i get so giddy when a new chapter is realeased _

So... Time for a train scene, I would imagine this version of harry would not be terribly impressed with ron weasely, i mean he's basicly an immature griffindor version of draco malfoy.

I can see him being friends with hermione through, after all your harry is much more interested in knowledge than Canon harry potter.

i wonder, are you going to put him in gryffindor ( i hope not )

Or do you plan on using another house, i can easily see ravenclaw or possibly Hufflepuff (his loyalty to Luna/Nmm) or possibly slytherin, after all i dont see him falling victim to prejudice as easily as Canon.
BlackRoseFire chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
Awesome chapter, I loved the way that harry got the painting for Luna.
Fk306 chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
this is great I look forward to more
FatesShadow83 chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
Great chapter!
GinaStar chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
Really cute story so far! Can't wait to read more!
aevan chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
Must say qwerty's idea about Luna shifting human caught me with the Last Unicorn reference. Could have it be some accident, she has to learn to deal, and have it somehow tie into them learning animagi on the way to fixing it. Be more interesting than 'just happens Harry turns into an alicorn!'

Although that would 'kill' some of the unique MLP parts, and not be something to do in the first few years (not to mention wouldn't she need to be 'real' first?).. but could segue into changing setting from Earth to Equestria down the road.

..hmm a panicking Harry changing Luna to save her from a basilisk ordered to 'kill the unicorn'..borrowing too heavily? Naaah...
1,595 | « Prev Page 1 .. 87 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 .. Last Next »