Reviews for If You'd Said Yes
P4 Lover chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
So this a persona 3 story. Do u know persona 4?
RustKnight chapter 1 . 12/16/2014
Wow. Powerful stuff.

I really liked the way you wrote their characterization.
Overscore chapter 1 . 5/3/2014
...You made me cry. Goddammit.

I was enticed by your summary and drawn in by your flow, the way you connected everything seamlessly. All the little emotions you hinted at and how you characterized everyone really fit; it seemed like I was looking in on the thoughts of people who had actually existed as my friends, people who I cared about. Because the way you wrote Junpei and the way you wrote Yukari, the way you wrote the FeMC and showing all the untold things about her... It really made me care. I guess it's not a surprise then that I cried a little... I guess I'm a pretty emotional person lol. But the message you send is so powerful, and the ease with which you send it is nothing short of amazing. You make it creep along, hinting at it and then pounding it home without it ever feeling too overbearing. And you make the characters feel it, you make the characters learn and react in such a real fashion that I have a tough time comprehending how you got this story from just a couple hours of dialogue between the characters.

The natural flow and believable interactions between the characters makes such a wonderful atmosphere for your story. It's fun and games in the beginning; kind of like childhood. And as reality (well, I guess in-game reality lol) hits the characters, the story matures and grows up, in a way. It isn't just Junpei fantasizing or Yukari complaining anymore; they grow up with the story. And all the unspoken words that shout at the reader, and the beautiful imagery you weave into your work and the emotions and the cadence and just the raw reality of everything makes your story just about perfect in my eyes. For its length, it has brought me all the entertainment and happiness I could have wanted.

This is nothing short of phenomenal. While it isn't that difficult to produce something that is better than 90% of the works on this site (and I feel really bad for saying that, but when it takes me over a day to find a fic that I truly enjoy and respect for its professionalism, flow, message, and entertainment value... It's kind of hard to say nice things about the majority of ffnet's writers ._.), I think it's pretty damn difficult to write a story as good as this.

Uhh, sorry if the review is too long... :(

But yeah, I meant every word I said so far. Your story is inspiring, entertaining, and a beacon of hope for fanfiction. Thank you so much for sharing!
Anon chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
Well written, I liked the way you portrayed all three characters. I really like your writing style - simplistic and to the point, but it works. Especially in this fic.
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 11/21/2011
Fantastically written, and so wonderful at capturing both Junpei's character and Minako's sharp, bright warmth. And Yukari is also so perfectly characterized! What a fantastic piece of work.
Shenjay chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
This is one of the biggest tearjerkers I've read in quite a long time. Magnificently written, as well.

Great job with the characters, I feel that they all would really act like that.

Keep up the great work.
EmptyGo-Gone chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
That was lovely. Simply...wonderful and lovely. I loved it. ]
Jonaleepuff chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Beautifully written. Everything about this made my heart ache (in a good way of course).

I look forward to reading more of your work!
Pathetic Apathy chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
... There's something about this that just strikes a cord with me. Your style is blunt at times, but then it's tasteful, and... and... D: Why do I fail at saying why I love this? All I can say is that Bropei is perfect here.
suereya chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Excellent! You've rendered me speechless with the humors and the witty lines.

And the flow of your writing is just well-executed. There's no need for long or wordy descriptions because reading through it, I can immediately get into the emotions of the characters and visualize the scenes.

"He holds up a fist for her to pound, and even if the phrase is worn and used and empty, he means it down to his core when he says, "Bros for life."

She smiles, and he knows she understands."

Upon reading this, my heart aches and a bitter smile cross my face :')
Rayless Night chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
My reviews are going to become redundant if I keep talking about your fluid prose, unique touches of both humor and angst, and how well you explore these characters. Reading fics like this is such a treat.

Special love to August and September. As for more specific praise, I like Junpei's different moods - protective (?) casualness with Minako, a sort of proud adoration for Chidori, and his complicated relationship with Yukari, both insecure and patronizing, yet he's coming closer to the truth about her.

Crit:

Typos, lots of them: incorrect/missed words, verb tense agreement, and incorrect punctuation around dialogue tags.

OOC - Junpei admiring Chidori's scars. The game makes it clear they upset him. I realize "ache" doesn't mean admire, but the favorable/unfavorable comparison between Chidori and Yukari seems to suggest it.

"great and terrible knowing in her eyes...bitter courage" - This feels hollow. I think it would work better if you described her before coming to the conclusion.

Similarly - "heartbreakingly mussed sheets" - the mussed sheets are great, but the adverb makes it look like you're forcing your point. "He hears her resolution." makes no sense and, again, feels very stated.

In general, I think this could be tightened. For instance, funny as it is, do we really need all that byplay with Minako and Akihiko?

end crit.

Another excellent fic. One of the best characterizations I've seen of Junpei, exploring his strength without losing sight of his playfulness, vulnerability and flaws. Yukari is harsh, often distant, but once she cares, she isn't going to let him give up. She may have more in common with Chidori than I previously thought.
Greykeys chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
I really liked this.

It gives off a serene feeling, pure. I can't really explain but that's just how I felt after reaching the end. I hope to see more from you.
meowfactory chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
This is wonderful. I love your phrasing ("the slight and brittle tilt of her shoulders" in particular sits very well for me). I want to say more but I have nothing productive/constructive except for 'this is awesum', so you know. This is awesum.
azurelegance chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
I smiled as soon as I saw your name in my inbox XD Yay, new fic! Yay, a Persona fic! *and the pairings~

You wrote everyone so in character. It's so believable.

Also, I loved the hint of Akimitsu in the middle. That's what I love about Akimitsu... it's very subtle :)

And although I know how the game ends, I couldn't help but feel depressed at the end.

Loved this fic, as usual.

(andIhopeeverything'sokaywithyourromanticlife!D:)
acronymed chapter 1 . 7/20/2011
you just killed me ; these three are my OT3 of friendship for life, man. and yukari/junpei ! secret otp that never was.

the idea of akihiko sweaty and dragging minako around everywhere best thing that ever happened to my brain.

ALSO, "bros for life" is officially minako/junpei's catchphrase Bb

so yeah, this was perfect.