Reviews for How to Conquer Kanagawa
Kaiser Washington chapter 1 . 8/19/2016
Damn, this was a good fic. I suppose if I hadn't dropped out altogether from reading fan fiction I might have noticed it earlier. This fic satisfies every private fantasy I've had about Ryonan coming out on top. I guess they weren't the winner, but something had to give, right? Still, Sendoh was the MVP, which is a sign that all is right in the universe.

Viewing the whole thing through Maki's eyes was a very refreshing and original choice stylistically. Maki's feelings about losing, his watching Sendoh's and Rukawa's progress, and the appearance of Fujima toward the end, who has been through everything Maki's going through - all add a whole new dimension to the piece, orthogonal to the Sendoh/Rukawa stuff. For that reason, I actually think the brief descriptions you provided of the basketball games was appropriate. I think it would have ruined the flow and distracted from the Maki stuff if you'd written them out elaborately.

One thing I couldn't tell was which IH is this? If this is next summer, that means Maki should have graduated already. Oh, well. It doesn't really matter. Great fic.
its-JP-hello chapter 1 . 12/18/2014
haha.. that was perfect, I loved it 3 Never thought there are *still* senru fics such as these! good read!
epitaphed chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
Really cute! Best SenRu interaction I've read so far :)
Lizche chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
I loved it. Good job. :)
ms007 chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
Love this to bits! Love how natural and REAL this is. love love love! please write more :D
anatagasuki chapter 1 . 12/21/2011
Oh my effing lord. God. I. CAN'T. STOP. LAUGHING. If I die of suffocation, don't play innocent when the cops show up at your door.
hoho chapter 1 . 10/11/2011
ahahah! nice! this is total genius XD i could really picture this lol~ love it, great job!
dimonyo-anghel chapter 1 . 9/10/2011
Muhahahha I love this! Yay for blushing Rukawa XD
Ayumi chapter 1 . 8/11/2011
Hahaha! Nice! But shouldn't Maki and Fujima have graduated along with Gori? its nice though
Star7 chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Yey Senru Day Stuff :D /celebrates!

Let's see... I enjoyed this although it starts off very slow. Your game descriptions lacked a little lustre - too factual and not enough variety - but the final conversation between Sendoh and Rukawa worked really well. I'm a big fan of the friendship-partnership feel, with Rukawa's usual insults and all, rather than the lovey-dovey stuff too many writers try to pull on us (myself included I must add lol! Darn.)

Really unusual to put Maki as narrator to a senru - good job on that, couldn't have been easy to pull off :)

I hope you're write more! :D x
HanaHeart chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Ohhhhhh...it's been soooo long :D

Nice fic, my dear :) keep the good work :)
HanaHeart chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Ohhhhhh...it's been soooo long :D

Nice fic, my dear :) keep the good work :)