Reviews for By the Shadow of the Moon
KunnegAndris chapter 1 . 8/13
Yeah, I'm a bloke - but you can call me an old romantic (much like Iroh - but perhaps closer to Zuko's age)

I always like this pairing, its rare, its usually well written - and it show Zuko being himself, and the life he could have led, if he wasn't so dedicated to capturing Aang...

All being within an alternate universe of course...

I hope you write another story like this (maybe a prequel, or a 'what if')...

BloodyHoney chapter 1 . 4/5/2014
What a twist! I didn't look at characters listed in the summary. I thought it was from the POV of Sokka. Well played. I like.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/30/2013
This is good! Keep going! Great text and i'm curious to see what is going to happen! Thank you!
Humbly Gone Away chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
For some reason, I'm getting more attracted to the pairing Zue. This was a really sweet tic. I swear I almost cried.
Carrot-Bunny chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
A new Zue story! God, I haven't seen one in ages! Hurray for you! *throws hands up in the air for joy*
christywitha CH chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Wow. As much as I'm not a fan of Avatar, this little story was amazing. I've read a little of this fandom, but many other fanfics didn't put as much detail or emotion; but this story explained one of the most moving issues about the series. I looked for things to critique in this story, but it was difficult for me. There might have been one or two words I'd switch out with other ones like 'nobody' with 'nothing' but those were very minor things. Overall, It was beautiful. The personification and other literary elements you included really caught my eye. It couldn't have been written better.

Well done, Summer. Well done.

-Christy c:
Guest chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
The fish are koi, not coy. Shined should be shone. I hate seeing good stories weakened by mistakes like that. And this was pretty good, good enough to want to see how this unlikely romance happened. I enjoyed it.
EllieRicci chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
omg summer! that was just amazing. I loved it zuko was so angsty. I am so glad I have Internet right now I would have been mad if I had to wait till I got home to read it. you should write more things like this oh and update summers day. as always keep writing.

PurpleStripedSweater chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Once again, I love it.

You do a really good job of getting inside character's heads and making your writing sound like their own thoughts (not really sure that made any sense :P). The bluntness of the sentences really captures how I imagine Zuko would speak, and how he would react to losing someone he loved like that. You did a fabulous job of showcasing his emotions, but you didn't let it become weepy.

Loved it, as usual :) Keep it up!