Reviews for Turning Darkness into Light
Guest chapter 1 . 5/29/2014
Hmm. Cute but it would have been better without the unneeded kiss between Brendan and Aisling, and the obvious portal reference.
Next time don't squish in romance at the end unless it's longer than four sentences, and your going to add more in the next chapter.
And don't use other's words, you don't need to use a portal reference, use your own words, I'm sure you could have thought of something on your own.
But other than that it was cool I guess, in all honesty I would have used an actual Irish deity connected to Crom (however it's spelled) or made it unrelated to him. It probably would have been better if you made the darkness genderless if you were just making the deity in the movie up. Also since it was never stated how far Aislings powers go it might have been safer to have left the Forrest untouched. Perhaps reading up more on how the Irish viewed the Fay and how their powers work would have been helpful. Near the end you made it kinda unclear if Brendan was unconscious or not. You stated that he held his head in his hands while panger bàn was next to him but he was then under muck and unconscious. And you never said when he opened his eyes but suddenly the abbot was hugging him and he returned it implying he was then conscious.
I'm sorry I'm so nitpicky but it must be said at some point.
gordhanx chapter 1 . 4/30/2014
Aww, this was very cute. Great job, really like the writing and good work with writing the characters.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
I couldn't help but read the goddess in the voice of GLaDOS.
Novanto chapter 1 . 12/31/2013
For some odd reason, I imagine Crom's wife with GLaDOS' voice...
GodlyJewel chapter 1 . 11/13/2013
This was very well written. I recently watched the movie, and was blown away by the story, but I think yours makes an excellent addition to it. My favorite part — besides all the fluffiness with Brendan and Aisling — had to be when Aisling kept telling Cellach off. lol Bout time someone did. :)
ColdGoldLazarus chapter 1 . 10/19/2013
This definitely deserves the recommendation on TVTropes! Also, did I detect some slight GLaDOS there?
NemoLight chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
OH. MY. GOD.

ASDFGHJKL:QERTYUIOVASVBNMMBVCCV:OIKJHGFFGH

THIS IS SO PERFECT. I JUST-I CAN'T. I WAS CRYING WHEN HE REMEMBERED ALL THE HAPPY MEMORIES.
I'm saying this because I really want you to know, I was moved. I just started to tear up and I couldn't help smiling at the end. This has to be one of the most well-written true-to-the-origional-thing fanfiction I have ever read in my LIFE (so far). YOU ARE AMAZING. I'm not even an emotional person, but-wow. Just... I'd like to give you a round of applause on behalf of all the SoK fans.
Medallah chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
Beautifully written, I think this ending is unquestionably a favorite fan-made one, though ,unfortunately, will only ever be a head-canon. I applaud you with deep respect. This was utterly something gorgeously rare and rewarding to fans of the Secret of Kells.
Nyxgodess32 chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Are you a professional? This is one of the most well written things I've ever read :) Especially the millrace part :)
Lyoko498 chapter 1 . 6/24/2012
I really enjoyed this story, I had no trouble imagining the characters in this alternate ending. Great job, and I hope you write more.

Lyoko498
Woodswolf chapter 1 . 6/13/2012
...because you /murdered/ him.

Woah, for a minute there I thought that sounded a lot like GLaDOS.

This was so cute, though. Well done! :)
Nomi Everdeen chapter 1 . 12/8/2011
This was so amazing it was the kind of thing that I Wichita they but into the movie. I really like the last part to I really wanted something like that to happen and you nailed it.
Hedgi chapter 1 . 10/1/2011
... DAWWWWWW! that was easily the most heartwarming thing i've read in a long while. say what you will, but i thought the ending was amazing. i loved it. :)
Gwendolyn368 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Wow, this is really good :) Especially for a lesser known movie (at least where I live) like Secret of Kells.
name chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I H!hate that freind of yours. Now I can't read the rest f this. .

Great jib, everyone was in character, yadda yadda. Updste soon!