Reviews for A Vertigo of Samsara
My Misguided Fairytale chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Ooh, this is really cool. I like your reference to the Medjay, and I really really liked the different renditions for Seto and Isis's names, you did a great job through all these small details of really grounding us in this world and making it seem so authentic and believable for the time it was set in. The idea of the "reset" was super cool and you executed it well; I felt Bakura's character especially was written well - I thought the last line in particular said so much. ) Good job on this, and keep up the good work!

Jess (MMF)
Doubleplusgoodduckspeaker chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
I love the concept of this, the title, the cyclical idea of this, how it makes the reader think, how you told it, the obvious effort and thought that went into this; it really just came alive for me. I was reading it and wondering, why you had the two 'scene dividers' ... the line-breaks and the ellipses, but now I think that the ellipses are part of the story itself, the 'reset' of the world before each scene. Haha, maybe I'm off-base there.

I was a bit confused by the parentheses as well, I wasn't quite sure what their ultimate purpose was in the story-they seemed an odd combo of inner thoughts and cues to the reader. Usually my trick when I want to put parentheses somewhere is to substitute dashes instead, but I'm not sure that would work. Hrm... or maybe they do have a secret purpose xD It's late, my brain has gone to bed...

But I definitely thought this was really well done! Great job!
Saku Hyuuga Ishtar chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
OMG. I loved it. At first sight I was confused, but in the end everything made sense and I loved it. That the 'fate' never allowed Bakura to kill Atem, and all the... 'kakeras'? Ok, too much Umineko for me, all the worlds, the idea is magnificent, congratulations!

And good luck!

Btw, sorry if you find a mistake with my english.
This-Account-No-Longer-Here chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
Very interesting read. There is something about how you write your stories, and the Thief King, that is just so perfect.

The time travel part was really cool. Though I wish there had been a bit more interaction between Atem and Bakura.

Great story.
firstForward chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
I always loved stories that did time travel, and yours is no exception. I wasn't totally aware that that was the concept until near the end, and strangely that didn't detract from the story, but instead added to it. Giving me theses flashes into pieces of Atem's life, and only explaining things in the end, I felt like it painted a vivid picture of what Atem himself must have been feeling, confused but with a strange sense of deja vu. I like that you did the whole thing in present tense, on top of all that. It only added to my confusion and made everything so clear in the end. It was a neat idea, thanks for the read.