Reviews for When Balance Fails
ocicat0630 chapter 5 . 4/14/2012
Zuko is so awesome! I can't wait for more chapters of this!
FranticHamster chapter 4 . 3/20/2012
great story political and phisical battle look forward to next update
Sandra Phillips chapter 4 . 3/20/2012
My oh my, I do believe you've turned me into an even more die-hard Sokka fangirl than I was before. How is this possible...?

Great job, no grammar mistakes as far as I could catch, and the action was much-appreciated. I really like this story so far! However, please, keep me on the fangirl list. As much as I love seeing Zuko and Sokka mature as far as they have, turning them into nothing more than cynical, angry husks that are extremely bad ass would be dissappointing (despite the bad ass part.) Just a warning! Keep up the good work! :D
The King in White chapter 4 . 3/19/2012
This is really superb. You write extremely well, and I love your characterization. The whole political angle here too is a really nice touch.
That's Riku chapter 3 . 2/22/2012
oh my god. that was ridiculously good. wow. yowza. wow. you are brilliance personified. . will you ever update again? you should, because that was brilliant.
Sandra Phillips chapter 3 . 2/18/2012
I love this chapter and especially your insults. As in last chapter, I had to read them several times just to appreciate their awesomeness. Great job there.

I don't know if you meant, "now that his nerves were beyond settling," when you wrote "unsettling," since either works, but in my opinion removing the 'un' would be beneficial in making the sentence a little clearer.

Also, in Ozai's speech at the beginning of the Agni Kai, it probably should have been flipped: "Our son Colonel Lao defends his honor against our heroic Prince Zuko..." or something like that, since it was Lao that was defending his honor.

Anyway, thanks for the chapter, I enjoyed reading it!
myroseyangel chapter 3 . 2/17/2012
Definitely one of my favorite fics! I like Zuko's fighting style and wit. Curious about how this is a romance fic; should I expect a Sokko pairing in the future? I wonder how they'll meet up too and what Sokka's up to. I really can't wait for another chapter to be posted! Hope to read it soon!
showmaster64x chapter 3 . 2/14/2012
great chapter! That fight really had me on edge. I love the whole mood of your story. Its sort of bleak and depressing that the fire nation has taken over and that aang and katara are dead, but I find that depressing stories are the best ones. Keep up the good work!
Spinning Furret chapter 3 . 2/14/2012
I am very happy to see another chapter of this! This seemed to have well-researched politics, fitted into the world of Avatar to create an intrigueing story!

I can not wait for the next chapter!
Sandra Phillips chapter 2 . 2/8/2012
I LOVE YOU. This story is amazing.

I really really like this interpretation of Sokka. A little bloodthirsty, but then again I suppose when you have nothing but sorrow (very nice word play, by the way) you tend to get that way. I read the last few paragraphs over and over, I loved them. Please, update soon!
Sandra Phillips chapter 1 . 2/8/2012
Wow. An absolutely stunning chapter! I'm totally hooked, I can't wait to read more... and luckily, don't have to. Thank you so much for writing this, it was a joy to read. I really like your style, and your grammar was impeccable. Amazing!
BurningtoAshes chapter 2 . 12/28/2011
This story keeps me wanting more and more. I want to know what Sokka's up to... I guess he doesn't know the truth about Zuko, if his violent reaction with the shot glass is any indication, heh. Poor Sokka...

Update soon!
X59 chapter 2 . 12/25/2011
really interesting.

I can't see how Zuko's plans work out.

Poor Sokka all alone
Spinning Furret chapter 2 . 12/24/2011
This is excellent, just excellent! I can not wait for the next chapter! I'm subscribing to story, adding story ot favorites..
BlueLion chapter 1 . 12/22/2011
Fascinating. You're presenting a really cunning Zuko here. In a way, he's grown into personality quite alike Iroh - a poisonous and vengeful Monte Christo in a way ... Looking forward for more!

Merry christmas!