Reviews for The Darkness within
Dragonsbloodinformant chapter 11 . 12/15/2007
This so far is a very good story. Please write the ending soon. I hope Carrot comes back. It's been a year since you wrote the last chapter. please don't leave your audience with their hearts exposed forever. Please put some closure on this story. I wouldn't mind an e-mail either just so I know that you actually read this.

Sincerely,

Alan Z.
Princess Sin chapter 10 . 7/30/2006
hurray! you updated. i'm so glad. i just love this. So, what else does the snake want from carrot? please update soon. i want to see what carrots friends are going to do to big mama,as if i couldn't figure that out. one thing for sure, i know marron will show no mercy.
Mawata and Sasame 4ever chapter 1 . 7/14/2006
Wow! i liked it! im gonna read the other chapters now!
Princess Sin chapter 9 . 4/5/2006
i just read all nine chapters and it was wonderful. i know that it has been over a year since your last update but i do hope you continue. i want to see what happens when they find out carrot is alive and that momma tried to kill him.
Trickster Priest chapter 9 . 1/25/2006
I know it's been awhile since a update, I rather hope there's more of this. I can't wait to see the rest.
WDCain chapter 9 . 1/30/2005
Oh, is it getting juicy here or what? I can't wait to see what happens next. Will Carrot quietly slip away or will all the gatherers notice him?

Either way it's sure going to be sweet.

To be frank, I really like Carrot's moment of hesitation on wither to decide wither or not to let Big Mama kill him. Most arthurs would have Carrot do the "noble" thing and sacrifice himself. But not here. For a moment, Carrot did wonder what to do, but at the final moment, he choses to live.

Well done. This scene reminded me of the last episode of Buffy Season 6 where our favorite slayer sacrifices herself instead of her sister, Dawn. While watching the entire season, I assumed that Dawn would bravely sacrifice herself to save the world. But at the final episode, Buffy sacrificed herself instead.

Sure flipped me out.

You really did a wonderful job capturing this feeling here. You should be very proud.

Right now, I'm working on the "Funeral for a Friend" chapter of GWE, where all the Hunters go to Carrot's "funeral". As stated, I'm not simply do a story where everyone's real sad but set up a real rumble in the Stella Church. The closest fanfic that could best be called the template of what I'm doing here is a Ranma 1/2 story called "Heavier than a Mountain". If you haven't already read it yet, It's on and most likely on But for my story, I'll finally begin the action-arch.

As I stated before, one of the Hunters will go bad in this chapter. Or insane if you prefer that term. However he or she will not be some sterotype baddie but a real psychological disturbed villian or villianess, much like Carrot in that sense.

Hopefully I'll have it out in two weeks.

May all your works be written as quickly. _
WDCain chapter 7 . 9/22/2004
Dear Dragon Trainer. Something was up with my last review for chapter 8. It didn't get it all. So here's the rest.

This chapter's great. I love the poems you incorpirate with the character's name. I hope I can have such drama and character in the next chapter of GWE, 'Funeral for a Friend'. It's the chapter where the Hunters deal with Carrot's death. It's going to be surprising plus one of the Hunters will defect to Zaha's army. Have I wet your wristle yet? _

Great use of Onion. I think he's pretty cool. He strikes me as the type of guy who knows what it takes to be a real man. He knows it isn't having the crule despotion when things get tough, but learning to lose it. Well done.

Though I am curious. What do you mean with 'this murderer won't get away'? Is it something from the manga? I only have volumes 1-7. Maybe when I get the rest, I will understand.

Keep on writing.

WDCain
WDCain chapter 8 . 9/22/2004
good chapter.
Chain Assassin chapter 8 . 9/13/2004
Beautiful...although there are a few mistakes you might want to fix. The story is well written and very imaginative. I insist you continue this.
Eishi-Ai chapter 2 . 8/31/2004
["Why had this happen?"]
Arrow Of Burning Destruction chapter 2 . 4/8/2004
Heck nah your grammer isn't any better please learn to spell or send it to me to proof read!
Arrow Of Burning Destruction chapter 1 . 1/27/2004
That was a great story and the poem wasn't half bad. OH yeah, WORK ON YOUR SPELLING! PLEASE!
Night-Owl123 chapter 7 . 1/10/2004
update!
WDCain chapter 6 . 12/23/2002
Wow... this just keeps getting better and better. All the emotion, all the angst, it's not too often I find something so character driven. You did yourself proud here man! _

All the reactions for the Hunters are great, Tira and Gateau's were my personal favorite. I always throught Gateau and Carrot were best friends in the anime. Their friendship was really shown in the two episodes in volume four where they went to the casino and avenged Opera's death. BRAVO!

Great job handling Onion's death, you have no idea how much I'm looking forward to his chapter because I doubt Big Mama has told him what she's doing to his son.

And on Big Mama? Man, talk about ice queen. It seems that with Zaha gone, she's going to get rid of *anything* that could still cause the end of Spooner. Personally, I always felt that Big Mama was a hipacrite. She wanted a peaceful world, but allows the Sorcerers to run it by the law. The Sorcerer Hunters only kill those she *deems* evil enough. That's what made Zaha such a cool character. In the manga, he struck me like Magneto: A guy who was trying to change the world because he felt it was wrong. But with him gone, Big Mama can now insure the peace no matter what!

Looking forward to the next chapter bud. _
Katie14 chapter 5 . 10/27/2002
Good chapter! I am looking forward to finding out what happens next!