Reviews for Strategic Cyborg Evangelion - Part 2: Consecration
NoNameAvailable Bis chapter 11 . 2/11/2013
Well, started the first story yesterday, and finished this one just now. I must admit it has been quite an enjoyable reading so far. The AU setting is quite engaging (even if I must admit I know next to nothing about Half Life), and the characters are highly entertaining, if quite OOC (but then again, I'm highly partial to Rei being awesome, so I'm not about to complain). Finaly, some details manages to keep my attention focused ( An IA worshipping Khorne ? Asuka is right to be freaked out by that one. And is it me or the Angels sound suspicioucly like Reapers - which admitedly is quite appropriate ?)

Anyway, I hope we'll have the rest of the story soon, I'll look forward to it !
indefinity007 chapter 11 . 10/13/2012
Still needs more love just like the other one. This may be actualy a theory but I think there is something weird with the gravity when a full solar eclipse happen. Anyways, the story is great and I remembered that the Gluon Gun had a nuclear reactor backpack. Maybe fitting a hose and a handle would be enough to kill an Angel if the original Gluon Gun could take on the large alien on the Power Up chapter of the first game with exactly 60 ammo on hard (I was experimenting on that). Also, nice references by the way. I have a request of hearing Shepard saying BOHICA (Bend Over, Here It Comes Again), pretty please...
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 11 . 2/17/2012
I read chapter 11 yesterday and I found it interesting, more of a backstory type (the part with the Book of Enoch was interest, while I have it at home, I just skimmed over it), but I must ask something: without spoiling much, will Gordon Freeman appear in the future?
reality deviant chapter 11 . 2/17/2012
1 thing-WHERE IS SHINJI!
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 10 . 1/29/2012
Classic symptoms of senioritis, haha. I found to be cool the reference to Ace Combat 04 (it's my favorite in terms of story). Keep going!
RandomNumbers523156 chapter 9 . 1/4/2012
Finally read the whole thing and I must say that I enjoyed reading, Kaworu developed well his character, capable of facing his problem in an according way to his personality (I don't believe he ever came next to a stu). Rei was also interesting, because she passed through a lot, and it's good to know that she's like brother and sister with Kaworu.

Asuka is still like her canonic counterpart (any reason to change her hair?)

I see that there's no much need to know a lot of Half-Life to understand this fic. The sci-fi issue is also interesting, I like descriptions, but to tell the truth sometimes overtakes the plot in chapter 8.

The Angels proves themselves to be good antagonists. I would ask "why don't they stop to fight humanity and join forces to take on the Combine?" but I read that Tabris doesn't want to associate with them and that indicates there's more thing occuring. The reference with Gendo also picked my curiosity, I'm waiting for his and Shinji's introduction.

The battles are also awesome, and have good pace with the moments in school with Kaworu and the others. Again, good fic. Keep going!
Chuut-Riit chapter 6 . 10/28/2011
As a Half-Life fan, I must say that I do enjoy reading this story and would like you to continue it. :)
Grimallq chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Can't say much about the story but I've got some issues on the technical side.

This whole chapter is exposition heavy. Understandable, with it being the first. Just too much tell, too little show. I guess you wanted to go straight into the action and gloss over the timeskip. Might have been better to write some of those scenes, especially the training part. If not here then maybe another sidestory?

Also the whole delivery seems off IMO. First a short scene and then wall-o-text infodump. You're writing in third person at the beginning of the scene, but the infodump is done clearly from Kaworu's perspective, still in third person. It might have been less jarring if those bits have been done in first person with Kaworu narrating.