Reviews for returning empty places to the shelf
Novoux chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Hello there!

I really don't know what to say for this, truly. I do love it, I really do, but I just can't say how beautiful it is. Ugh. But thank you very much for sharing this, it was wonderful!
words without chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
D'aaaaawwwwww "Kadar must be marked on these maps somewhere, if only Malik could put them back together to find him." There is so much bitter grief here it's bleeding out from between the words. And the worst part is that organized grief...because he'll never really let himself grieve out of this too-short period. It'll just build up and blast out every time Altair comes by.

LIKE SOO GOOD WRITE MOAR PLZ
toeki chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
beautiful and poetic.

i like the image of cities and places raining down onto the streets in torn little pieces and the "stepping on his empty places". the tearing of the maps makes a great symbol of how torn malik himself is after his loss.
mumblybee chapter 1 . 7/21/2011
This...you... I always just leave you these reviews that are all, "Holy shit you're amazing," but that's because holy shit you're amazing. Anyway. This was so emotional, so lovely, so so so.

"Parchment shed between his broken-nailed fingers snowing to the ground and making new elevations: Syria and Jerusalem and the encircling rivers all escaped from their bounds of dusty earth for just a moment to shower from the rooftops onto the street."

Love the idea of cities torn to pieces raining down onto the street... How can that not be poetic? And I love that at the end Malik's thoughts change from "his brother can be found in none of those lines" to, "Kadar must be marked on these maps somewhere, if only Malik could put them back together to find him." That is so, so painful. And beautiful.

"Malik's is a very organized grief" yes, yes, I haven't even played AC1 and I can't say that I'm an expert on Malik but I still think that, judging by what I -do- know, that suits him so well.

"until the sky is clear of streets." Did I mention how poetic this is? "stepping on his empty places as he goes."

So, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I sincerely love your writing.