Reviews for The Nine Bows
Above the Winter Moonlight chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
This was actually a really good story. I enjoyed it. Good oneshot.
Meew3 chapter 1 . 11/15/2015
*applauds* perfect balance if action, characters, humor and all around epicness. Wish the cannon told more about the relationship between Bakura and Atem
jj chapter 1 . 6/21/2013
wow that was good
Black Rose Lover chapter 1 . 6/27/2012
Keeeeeeeeee! (Joyful squealing)

I love it!

But you should continue!
Doubleplusgoodduckspeaker chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
"It was my destiny, Prince. I have greatness in me. Surely you wish to become a mediocre Pharaoh? It is better than becoming a dreadful one, on that I think we can agree."

Okay, if I just quoted lines that I liked this review would probably be like forever long, so I'll just settle for having the hugest grin on my face and telling you how much I loved the dialogue in this story. Each line so perfectly draws upon TKB's arrogance and Atem's must-win-at-everything ideal, using the motif of 'greatness' ... they really are a match in that way!

And keeping the whole spirit of the Scheherazade/1001 Nights/Aladdin/Thief story like this was such a treat to read. Although, I must admit, the dagger reminded me of the Price of Persia movie xD I don't think I've ever read an AE story that drew upon those inspirations though, so props!

As always, the writing was lovely, and it's great to read something different from you! Great job!
Saku Hyuuga Ishtar chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
I really liked that you made them friendly and yet 'enemies'. The premise of the dagger, the title, the last line, everything fits really well. Thank you so much for the read and good luck!

PS. Sorry if you find mistakes in my english .-.
firstForward chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
I really liked the way Bakura and Atem interacted with each other, I thought it was very well done. I was surprised that Atem was so willing to chat instead of just condemn Bakura to death, after the numerous problems he'd no doubt caused. At the very least, his hands cut off, or his fingers or something? I have this impression that that's what they did with thieves in ancient times, I'm probably wrong. Aknadin seemed pretty calm with revealing his deception and what he'd done, I guess that just points out his mental instability or high horse sort of beliefs. I expected him to lie or something, at least. I love the dagger you had in your work, the whole idea that that was what made Bakura the greatest rather than himself. The way Atem dealt with the whole situation and Bakura trying to kill him really seems like it's...so him, like his actions were natural and thought processes and everything. I feel like you really got to the heart of the kind of king Atem was. Thanks for the read.