Reviews for Wedding Bells Are Ringing
Guest chapter 6 . 4/11/2014
Blair really needs a slap of reality. Jo should maybe just go home while Blair is in her tizzy. And pack a bag and stay somewhere for the night. And have Jo only tell Nat where she is. And after Blair finally realizes her mistake tries to look for Jo. And when she can't find her, she starts to freak out. But eventually after Nat calls Jo for like the thirtieth time, Jo relents and gives Nat the ok to tell Blair where she is. And when Blair gets there she totally schmoozes Jo with love and all the other sickeningly sweet romantic crap in order for Jo to forgive her. But Jo tells Blair they need to talk, and finally they do.
ilovexmas chapter 6 . 4/11/2014
Oh my god this is getting better and better but where is MRS G?

I like the fact that you included all of the girls from season 1: i kind of missed them once they were gone & wondered why the writers turned them into 'nasty bitches' (aka 'sex symbol' on season 2 NATALIE gets bullied by NANCY, CINDY SUE ANN when she starts dating every boy) so it is quite refreshing you make them be part of our main ones JO, BLAIR, NAT & TOOTIE lol!
As for NANCY i cannot believe she got about 12 kids man! (not even ANGELINA JOLIE has that many) but i guess that once she got married in 1986 she got them one after another?
PS: got a bit nostalgic when you went back in time with the girls being so young at NANCY's wedding cos for me FOL will always remain in the 80 ties...
By the way, who is this KELLY you wrote about? I mean the only one i know in the sitcom is the teenage kid who used to steal food at 'EDNA's EDIBLES' & who eventually became friends with TOOTIE NAT (she also idealized JO).
Hope to read more of your story soon!
ilovexmas chapter 5 . 4/9/2014
Wow this is exciting!

I love how you made BLAIR choose TOOTIE to be her 'best woman' & JO to choose NATALIE cos this is exactly how they were on the sitcom:
i always felt that the 'debutante' had more in common with the 'little Tootie' and the 'delinquent' with 'funny Nat' (both being dreamy and the latter more down to earth) so good job!
NANCY on the other hand was never a friend to BLAIR and neither KIMBERLY (as teenagers) but i guess people change when they're adults; As for CINDY she was never close to the 'heiress' either but SUE ANN was kind of (in the season 1 anyway).
I'm about to read your next chapter and enjoying it so far...
PS: where is MRS G and why is she not 'maid of honour' to one of them? (after all she was their 'mentor' for such a long time lol!)
Guest chapter 6 . 3/17/2014
Anybody else want to just slap Blair? No its just me OK then. No, seriously though she needs a reality check and soon before she loses Jo for good. Maybe Jo should leave her in the room and pack her bags and stay at a hotel for the night, without telling Blair where she is? But Jo tells one of their friends where she going and they tell Blair when she finally wises up. And she goes and saves her relationship.
Megan chapter 6 . 3/15/2014
Hey I just found out you're the same author (slave2free) that wrote the common ground series on the ralst website and I was wondering if you're still going to continue that story? It's one of my all time favorite jo/blair fics. I'm sorry for having to tell you here, but I wanted to let you know that it's a lovely story/series. I hope you don't leave us hanging! :)
kchandler0 chapter 6 . 3/16/2014
Glad you're continuing the story. You have some unique ideas, especially with the first season girls more apart of things, and I like that you're stirring up drama between Jo and Blair. I'm sure they'll have their wedding eventually, but it's fun seeing them get there.
Hallwings chapter 6 . 3/15/2014
Oh, boy...I had a feeling something like this was going to happen.

And just to make sure, this Kelly isn't the one from the show that was played by the future Bobby Hill, right? I ask because, IIRC, Jo didn't really like that Kelly.
Hallwings chapter 5 . 9/23/2013
Glad to see another chapter of this story. Now, I have a few questions.

First, does Kimberly have a significant other at this time?

Second, do Nancy and Roger have any other kids (IIRC, she was pregnant when she and Roger got married, so they have at least one)?

Third, does Bailey like the fairer sex like her half-sister, or is she straight?

Fourth, who could Jo's fifth bridesmaid possibly be? I hope it's not Miko. Knowing you, it's probably someone else. I honestly haven't watched the show in a long time.
kchandler0 chapter 5 . 9/23/2013
I like how you were able to make something as ordinary as planning for a wedding have a bit of drama surrounding it. Sounds very much like Blair to want to take charge and have things her way. Can't wait to see what you come up with next.
kchandler0 chapter 4 . 4/25/2013
Hi, I'm replying to you here from the LJ site. Maybe after Blair goes shopping she and Jo could get into a fight over some expensive thing Blair wants to do for the wedding and then in the end they make up realizing their differences are what makes the relationship work etc. But you might be going in a totally different direction. Sometimes it's best to let the story sit in the back of your mind for a while and then do some freewriting. Sometimes ideas will just come naturally to you that way.
Anyway, this is supposed to be a review..I think you've done a good job making Cindy and Sue Ann into likeable, viable characters. Not much was done with them on the series, and, to me, Sue Ann was kind of overly perky and annoying. I wasn't sure about "CinAnn", but you make it work. I'd also like to see Blair and Jo interact more, but I'm sure you're getting to that. I like how you've made them true to how they are on the show. Some writers make them a little too sweet, and I enjoy reading those stories too, but I like reading a story where it seems like you are actually watching the show.
ilovexmas chapter 4 . 3/20/2013
I really don't like CINDY that much i have to say: she's always making BLAIR like the bad guy SUE ANN also makes fun of her behind her back!
Other than that you know i love how you couple so well JO&BLAIR so can't wait to read more!
PS: loved how MRS. G is so supportive towards her girls lol!
ilovexmas chapter 3 . 3/19/2013
Wao! this is the best chapter so far: JO & BLAIR' s first kiss and i like how you always make MOLLY the detective one on your FOL stories (like on Body Language) the end with NATALIE sneaking behind her friends back is fantastic!
Well done on making your characters so passionate!
PS: i'v got my chapter 2 at the top now and this time i don't have as many bolds lol!
ilovexmas chapter 2 . 3/19/2013
Love the part where you pair JO & BLAIR dancing together on the dance floor with CINDY & SUE ANN lol!
ilovexmas chapter 1 . 3/19/2013
I'm loving it so far and i knew the second couple would be CINDY & SUE ANN lol!
yurianimeotaku chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
I see you took on the "Ironwoman" version of your challenge. Of course, only you know if you fulfilled the challenge, since it was yours to start. I am looking forward to further chapters from you and Slave2Free.