Reviews for Trying for Eden
Guest chapter 9 . 9/21/2017
I love slow burns but this is getting ridiculous.
Hpfan892 chapter 11 . 8/3/2017
I love this fic so much. The scene with Harry talking to Ginny really surprised me. I loved that it felt like a call back to the books. Harry wasn't the only one who lapsed about Ginnys connection to Riddle. And your depiction of Harrys anger at Riddle and determination to overcome his resistance is so carefully done and realistic. I can't wait to see how their interactions develops.
I noticed that some of your reviews are very rude in commenting on the wait between chapters and not appreciating an author's commitment to their story or recognizing that authors are under no obligation to finish. They're tools. While I was very excited that you updated, it's okay if you need time or just lose interest. Hope you are doing well.
O.u
Dasc chapter 11 . 7/15/2017
This story is amazing. I love the way you've developed Harry and Tom Riddle's characterizations. I'm so glad that the story hasn't been abandoned.
guest chapter 11 . 3/17/2017
I don't think a slow burn is a bad thing, but a slow burn coupled with updates that only happen once a year is going to put me in my grave before there's any progress.
Nanadeime chapter 11 . 3/6/2017
I find myself torn in two: on the one hand I like your pace because it gives every possible future relationship a stronger base... On the other hand: I want something to happen already :D
And I have to admit while reading this I must have cursed Harry a thousand times: I mean he is acting so stupid... He shouldn't have embarked on this mission if he was not emotionally ready for it and now he has fucked up like a hundred times. I can even understand Tom, I'd be pissed too.
But I hope that Harry gets his shit back together and I have a feeling that Ginny's knowledge of Tom will be really helpful.
Thank you and hoping you don't leave us in suspense for too long
halfblood hufflepuff chapter 11 . 1/29/2017
OMG that build up and tension was amazing holy smokes that epiphany that slammed harry and when he crumpled down to the chair realizing why he and Ginny can't go back to the way things were... and I actually forgot too about the incident in the CoS book lol. But like hermione planning this out ahead of time is sooo hermione. ALSO LOL at your disclaimer on the "sloooow" burn. But I can see why because lol Harry needs to get it together. But it feels like he's repeating the same thing and making tom wait. The sad part is, tom does wait for Harry (I think? It strikes me that he tries to deny it). Hmm I wonder what Ginny has to say about tom heehee
Guest chapter 11 . 1/25/2017
I came her for escapism but Jesus it got too real too fast.
Gasanechi chapter 11 . 1/23/2017
I'm usually ok with slow, but dude, your Sloooow takes years...
firedraygon chapter 11 . 1/23/2017
Perfect chapter. I love the phrase, 'living in the penseive' for living in the past. I also really like the comparison between Tom and Draco as kids. Looking forward to the next update!
yukino76 chapter 11 . 1/23/2017
good finally deciede to stop being a pussy
R. A Cross chapter 11 . 1/23/2017
Thanks for the chapter
proenza chapter 11 . 1/22/2017
I know you said it's a slow burn, but Harry's long introspections are somewhat frustrating. I hope once he's learned more about Tom from Ginny, the chapters of Harry dithering around in the past doing nothing important will be behind us. I'm looking forward to future chapters.
Gooest chapter 10 . 1/19/2017
Annoyed cause present day time is taking up too much Harry/Tom interaction. Great story!
firedraygon chapter 10 . 1/16/2017
Interesting concept for a time travel fic! I like how we see how Tom is learning these character traits that define him later on. That he wasn't completely charismatic from the start. Looking forward to the next update!
Emriel chapter 10 . 1/10/2017
Glad u updated after awhile. Hoping to see more of this. Hehe its like a slow burn but enjoyable to read all the same.