Reviews for The Far Side of the Moon
Katherine Sanderson chapter 1 . 2/3
This is really, really great and the only critisism I can think of is that Nanami was Shichika's *older* sister so he would not know how she looked when she was born. Otherwise it's just fantastic _
jayfeather97 chapter 1 . 11/11/2015
I loved this so much... it was exactly what I needed after that finale! Your writing and characterisations are spot on (:
EpicReads chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
Just recently found this little one-shot and I can see why it won the SMASH! Really good and mature one-shot. Very much like.
Arsenico chapter 1 . 6/9/2015
And now my feelings are all over the place! So many tears.
Sandaime Hokage chapter 1 . 1/9/2015
A nice short fic to nicely round out the ending of the anime for those wondering what happened next
artemis chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
I can't say I agree with your interpretation of what would've happen nor some of your characterization, but this was beautiful and heart wrenching all the same. Especially the ending.

... I think I'm crying.
Portaphyrp chapter 1 . 5/26/2014
Oh my f.. god o.O
This story was SO amazing o.O
I totally believe you when you say this got a prize. My feels after read this, i can handle them :'(
Guest chapter 1 . 1/22/2014
Very well written and believable.
Youkomon chapter 1 . 7/20/2013
There's this nice, slow, unfolding feel to your narrative. The transition Shichika goes through here is natural or at least feels that way to me. And there's a careful ambiguity to his actions and some of the things he says that hint rather than spell out things to the reader. He learns to care for Hitei and you can see him learn to appreciate her on his own terms, seeing a beauty in 'the green of her eyes, like lake water and spring leaves,' but still the ghost of Togame lingers in the next line: 'not the way Togame's were beautiful'. It certainly gives validity to the concern you can feel radiating from Hitei at certain points.

Either way I think you kept very true to the possible theme of katanagatari here; everybody lives and everybody has their own set of objectives but those objectives don't keep us safe and alive, nor do they nessecerily make her lives worthwhile or happy. Nobody really really has an objective or ambition that makes our life meaningful because it's the living itself that has meaning. At at least that's what I took from the narrator's final words in the last episode. And of course that's summed up here by what Shichika tells his daughter at the end here.
weatherleaf chapter 1 . 7/7/2013
I really enjoyed this. It's helping me get some closure on the ending of Katanagatari.
Angie chapter 1 . 7/5/2013
Togame's death made me cry. This fanfic... T_T it was a great anime, though it sure was long.
Pensive Rumination Observer chapter 1 . 6/19/2013
D'aww that's cute. Nice epilogue for Katanagatari.

Only real typo I could find was "I would do obey anything for your sake."

Also, Hitei-hime never really stuck me as the type to be shocked or phased by much. Why does the idea of the latest generation of the Yasuri killing each other shock her? She ordered the death of the girl she "didn't dislike" after all. Sure she seemed a little regretful and she's shown to be quite playful at times, but being outright shocked or horrified doesn't really strike me as IC for her.

Planning on entering the SMASH! fanfic comp again this year?
Killmenowman chapter 1 . 6/10/2013
Love it.
Myrrn chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
A beautiful story. Thanks for writing it.
Enigma infinite chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
This story is deep - very well played.

TQ