Reviews for Phoebe's First Season
Chantilly's Mom chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
I've always enjoyed Georgette Heyer's novels and until this morning didn't know there had been ff written about them. Very tongue in cheek story... Thanks
MockTurtleEggs chapter 1 . 7/13/2013
This was excellent - and I enjoyed the reference to Alverstoke. Great fun.
Lady Drama chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
I really loved this oneshot. Not only did you capture Phoebe's character perfectly, you also provided a convincing explanation for something that had always puzzled me while reading the book: WHY did Phoebe write a novel depicting Sylvester as the villain? After all, all the book says is that she met him twice. I couldn't understand what he could possibly have done in those two meetings that left her so angry. But put together with Lady Marlow's constant criticism, her own feelings of self-doubt, the letters you had her writing about Polite Society to her sister and governess... it finally makes sense to me.

A perfect prequel!

(Sorry, I'm having trouble logging in. But if you want to reply, that's my pen name on FFN)
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
This is genuinely very good! I hope you write a sequel now. What happened after the last chapter of the novel?
lucasta chapter 1 . 7/19/2012
I liked the fact that you included the Marquis of Alverstoke in your story. A good homage to GH.
slytherinsal chapter 1 . 5/18/2012
I rather enjoyed the little cameo of Alverstoke, I like a touch of crossover between Heyer's excellently drawn characters! I enjoyed this, it shows how poor Phoebe really was trampled until she escaped into the world of fiction writing [and we all know how that feels!]. I wasn't sure if I would have liked it more from Phoebe's point of view until I realised you were being rather clever by showing how she was crushed from the limelight by making the narrative around her, not, as it were, FROM her.
Lidell chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
Amazing! Wonderfully in-character and with delightful attention to historical details. The Frederica reference made me smile. I love the ending, so clever how you tied it in with the text of the source novel. Plus, you write beautifully. Such a pity there are so few Heyer fics of this quality out there!
the reader chapter 1 . 2/29/2012
I was going through your profile looking for something nice to read when I found this little gem! May I say that it is absolute perfection! Your voice flows from Phoebe's seamlessly and the story is delightful to read. I adore Georgette Heyer and Sylvester is my favourite book of the lot and you have done it absolute justice. Great Work! Can't wait to read more of your work.
1sunfun chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
Interesting story.
joniskpelare chapter 1 . 10/16/2011
Very nice to see Phobe's first season and how she was inspired to write the book.
ChocolateIsMyDrug chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
A great prequel, wonderfully in-character. The writing is great, perfectly period - it reads like a missing part of the novel. Well done - and I really hope you'll write more Heyer fic!
a person chapter 1 . 8/5/2011
Sylvester is my favourite of all of Miss Heyer's books and you have captured its voice and tone completely. Their personalities, thoughts and even their language has been captured to the T. thanks a lot for the great story!
Vilya chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
Just reread Sylvester. It's one of my favorites and I love what you did in this fix. Well done.