Reviews for Breath of Fire 2 The Destined Child
blue4storm4magus chapter 4 . 1/2
wouldn't you continue it?
Infamously chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Never mind my previous review comment. Ignore it, forgive me folks. I found the story I was looking for.
Infamously chapter 1 . 5/23/2013
Pardon me if I'm incorrect, but I could sworn I'd seen this story before...

But it was completed...

and under a different name.

Well, whatever the case maybe, I'm glad to be re-reading it, but I do notice a few details being off, such as instead of Ryu being woken up and being sent off in search of his sister, he was instead working on a fishing rod; then he was called downstairs to recall the history of the B-...

Wait a moment... Huh?
Ribery chapter 17 . 5/16/2013
It's a shame this story is discontinued. Guess BoF fandom is already dying. -*-
linze chapter 17 . 6/7/2012
Wow mr troll below me, rage and cry more will ya? If you hate "p.o.v" so much, why did you keep reading then?
Travis9000 chapter 6 . 4/3/2012
i hate FUCKING GOD DAMN p.o.v so fucking stop u are not katt or nina.
Narwhales1 chapter 17 . 3/14/2012
Very interesting that the author also tells the story from the perspective of the characters. One of the main reasons I enjoyed reading this so far is the depth and details that are given. What Capcom fails to do in many of their games(e.g BoFII) is character development and an in-depth story. It really bugged me since, after playing this game, I desperately wanted an in-depth look of the plot and its characters. I was so disappointed because this game had so much potential, possibly even greater than any story SquareEnix can come up with, but I guess I'm stuck reading other people's story and their take on BoFII.

A few grammatical errors, misspellings, and run-on sentences here and there, AND an incomplete story that I am eagerly waiting for to be finished, but overall this is written nicely. Please finish the story!
Razyx chapter 17 . 2/21/2012
if ne1 cud plz tell me how to get ahold of capcom

also reason why reviews r short im reading this on my psp yes u can read this on a psp.
EmpathicTempest chapter 17 . 2/6/2012
Okay, I couldn't stop reading so I went ahead and finished all the chapters. I'm still amazed at how well this is written. This elaboration of the BoF 2 story really made me wish Capcom would have had this much depth to the story in the first place. Not bashing the original story because I still find it interesting and among one of the best RPG stories ever, but the plot holes really pissed me off when I first played the game so many years ago. I'm only pissed because I know that BoF 2 was one of my absolute favorites back in the 16-bit era, but it was seriously underrated and so much to the story was left out that could have made the story even more powerful and moving. Capcom really needs to either reboot the series or give us BoF 6. I'm sick of all the Final Fantasy games (10 and up) becoming the craptastic shit they are today.

The only other RPG I held in equal regards to BoF 2 is Final Fantasy 6 (3 in the U.S.). In fact, even among today's RPGs, BoF 2 and FF 6 still have superior story-lines over most.

Anyways, ranting aside, Anfini00 did an outstanding job on this BoF 2 interpretation. He's spot on in just about everything relating to the original story and characters. The only real problem I had was with how it seemed like Ray had a hidden sinister side to him. I don't remember him ever being sinister or showing any signs of it. He was fiercely devoted to the church, but he also seemed to have an almost brotherly bond with Ryu. Thank goodness he wasn't made as a love interest of Nina though. Ray was one of my favorite characters, but god that annoyed me in another fanfic. Nina showed no interest in the guy whatsoever in the original story, but some fans seem to believe he had a thing for her, and she possibly had a thing for him. She might have felt pity for him when he gave his life so that Ryu could awaken the Kaiser power, but even this wasn't shown. Furthermore, the dragon tear revealed that Ray never had any negative feelings toward Ryu despite how ugly things became later.

But hey, this is a small issue and man I'm surprised more BoF 2 fans don't seem to be digging this elaboration. This easily by far the best fanfic I've read simply because of how interesting it is, and how accurate the author interprets the characters (save for Ray). In fact, I love this elaboration so much, I'm going to copy it and save it on my computer so I can read it again without my eyes being strained from staring at the damn monitor for so long.
EmpathicTempest chapter 8 . 2/6/2012
I've read up to the beginning of chapter 8. So far, I actually really like how this fanfic is turning out. None of the characters seem out of place; what I mean by this is that the characters are believable to the actual lore of BoF 2. I'm really glad that you didn't change the original personalities of the characters. There are too many fanfics that often turn the characters of BoF 2 into something far off from the original... and I hate it. For example, I've read quite a few BoF 2 fanfics in the recent past that turned Nina into a woman who is no longer shy, distant, and lacking self confidence. Instead, these fics transformed her into a woman who's immediately socially comfortable with just about anyone.

Most fanfics I've read also usually end up butchering Ryu's character as well. I've seen many different versions of Ryu from various fanfic writers. The worst interpretation of Ryu I've seen is the stereotypical "I'm a cool ass arrogant dragon warrior tough guy who can play with Katt and Nina's hearts" type of Ryu.

So far, it seems to me like you're not really for the Katt and Ryu pairing. I must salute you for it. The way I see it, Katt was probably only infatuated with Ryu up until she met Tiga. At this point, she was very quick to run off with Tiga and leave her original group behind. Because of this, I know that she didn't have romantic feelings toward Ryu. Furthermore, I didn't see such immature behavior from Nina. The only time she was looking to say goodbye to Ryu and the group was when she made up her mind to sacrifice herself into becoming the Great Bird. In other words, she had a noble cause or reason for wishing to leave Ryu.

It's such a damn shame that Capcom screwed up so much of the character development for BoF 2. If they ever reboot the series, I hope they'll have learned from their mistakes and not leave so many fucking plot holes dangling in the faces of their fans. I'm really sick of how Capcom keeps teasing players about the romance between each Ryu and Nina incarnation, but they never expand on it. In fact, only the official mangas show proof that Ryu and Nina love each other, but even then, only BoF 1 and 4 were adapted into official manga recognized and watched by Capcom. The endings to BoF 2, while interesting, were really lacking as well. The only BoF games with fairly good endings are Dragon Quarter and BoF 4.

All in all, I like most of the direction you're taking on this fanfic. It stays almost true to the original story. My only gripe is the addition of new characters but eh... they seem to fit in well to the story. Also, your interpretation of Ryu fits well with many of the official Ryu incarnations I've seen throughout the series. He's not arrogant and over-dramatic (like what many fic writers seem to believe), yet he's still a courageous badass with room for compassion at the same time. Sort of like uh... Master Chief from Halo. Plus, I can totally see Nina experiencing situations like what you've shown in this fic. You did a wonderful job showing how ugly things are towards her in Windia, to which Capcom totally fucked up on as well.
RTNknight chapter 17 . 2/6/2012
Actually, I've read your story for quite a while and it's about time I should give you some support by giving you my review. Although I rarely give review to unfinished story, mainly because I'll be heartbroken if that story somehow never be able to finish, this story is just the special case.

All I could say is you have certainly done a superb job here. The best thing I found in this story is how you give the importance of interaction between characters, I personally think it's the most important thing to make the story look so refreshing. It's not that necessary to come up with some new twist change from the original, or some fantastic battle scene description. The way you handle your story with your character interaction already make your Novelization the best one.

As for my suggestion, nothing much can add coz' it's already perfect. However, I really wish to see that it might be the extra stuff regarding 'Nina black wings'. It could be very potential extra story yet the original kind of left us hang in the air with that topic -*-. I kind of suspect that you might already plan about this since I can't remember the original have that Ruga dude. (maybe my memory might be wrong) Nina of BoF2 have many potential background to make the extra stuff if you could exploit them well, and I believe with no doubt you can .

One more thing, please don't rush relationship between Ryu&Nina. I know that You already handle this very well but I'll just say this so that you won't speed thing from your already perfect pace. Let those two lovebird take their time to know each other, endure some mental problem together, and blossom their mutual feeling and their fated kinship near the very end *0*.

Anyway, keep good working! If you ever want someone to lend a ear or suggest, I'm all yours just feel free to talk with me .
Phlegethorn Space chapter 16 . 1/9/2012
its good that patty finally revealed the truth to ryu, hes finally got yua back! :)

i always struggle reading the dragontear, i could never understand what colour ment what :/

as always a good chapter :)

quick question: will new haven fly? will gengar join the team?
Razyx chapter 16 . 1/8/2012
when is there gonna be some ryu/nina moments

also dont give up on this story ur a good writer
Captain A chapter 15 . 1/6/2012
A quick question about this fic:

Will we be seeing some of the characters in their "shamanized" forms in this fic?

(For myself, I'd like to see Katt and Nina in their shamanized forms because I think they look much better in them, and I'd also like to see Spar in her(?) "Mushroom Girl" shamanized form because she not only looks cute in that form, but it gives her a specific gender as well.)

Hope you update soon!
I Lost a bet to Madara chapter 15 . 11/5/2011
Please! For the love of Dragon God, MORE! I haven't stopped reading this since I started. BEST WEEK EVER! *keels over from lack of sleep*