Reviews for The Give Away Girl
reesessweetie chapter 20 . 6/15/2012
i'm glad that emmett and bella are starting to rebuild tehir friendship. bella and emmett used to be so close. i hated their separation almost as much as bella and edward's.
reesessweetie chapter 21 . 6/15/2012
i love how close bella is to the pack in forks. it really warms my heart to see that she has such great friends.
reesessweetie chapter 22 . 6/15/2012
i'm not that upset that bella and edward are broken up, surprisingly. i like stories where they are able to get back together after a bit of maturation and learning from their mistakes.
reesessweetie chapter 23 . 6/15/2012
omg! i hatechu! i have three exams coming up on monday and instead of studying for them, i stay up to 5am in the morning to read this. it's soo addicting! just wanted you to know that if i fail, i hold you adn this story responsible.
insanemum chapter 23 . 6/15/2012
Thanks - yeah, I'm much better now. Love these characters. You're doing a great job :)
Love M Go Blue chapter 20 . 6/15/2012
Just curious about two things: One, the postcard that Bella sent from New York? Two, the paper bag of all the things she left at Edward's lab table? Just kinda wondering whatever happened with those things...
Love M Go Blue chapter 16 . 6/15/2012
Where was Leah? Why wasn't she at the game (and the aftermath)?
Love M Go Blue chapter 14 . 6/14/2012
Uh-oh. Feeling the beginning of the "angst" label a-comin'.

That saying, the one about how sex changes everything, totally comes to mind after this chapter. Bella & Edward were a great couple . . . until they had sex. Now, I'm not saying that the addition of baseball into the mix isn't a contributing factor, but Bella's focus is suddenly all about the shmexy times with Edward. She has lost sight of what was important about their relationship. Sure, sex can be great, but it sure as hell isn't everything.
Love M Go Blue chapter 13 . 6/14/2012
When Emmett comes into Edward's house uninvited & unannouned before the show at The Hole, it says that Charlotte is trailing behind him. Then it says that Heidi took the line from Esme's counter. Was it Charlotte or Heidi who was with Emmett?
Love M Go Blue chapter 12 . 6/14/2012
Oh, yeah. Learning about sex by trial & error. Or p0rn on VHS. Or even Beta. Later on it was the soft-core stuff on "Skinemax". (REALLY dating myself now, ain't I?) Although - seriously, no lie - my MOTHER taught me how to properly pleasure a man. With a banana. And taught me how to put a condom on it, too. I shudder at those memories and relish in the fact that I have boys...
Love M Go Blue chapter 4 . 6/14/2012
I loved - LOVED, I tell you - Twin Peaks. I was in college at the time, and there was this huge group of us who would get together every week to watch it, and then we'd sit around afterwards and just dissect the shizz outta the episode. Good times. Funny . . . now I can barely remember the show. And we didn't even drink (all that much) while watching it.
Love M Go Blue chapter 3 . 6/14/2012
I'm late to this party and so trying to read as quickly as I can to catch up to current.

Wanna clarify something in mah mind: Bella & Emmett, and now Edward, are (so far) the only characters who live in PA and attend the high school there - yes? Everyone else mentioned lives in & attends Forks?

And Bella said that Jessica will likely be valedictorian "next year" - so she & Mike must be juniors then? Considering you said in the last chapter's A/N that Bella & Edward being sophomores was significant, I wondered if that meant that Jessica & Mike being a year older would be, too? What about Lauren, then? Is she a sophomore (like Bella, Emmett, etc) or a junior (like Jessica & Mike, assuming my conclusion about their grade level was correct)?
dirty chai chapter 23 . 6/14/2012
I spent a good two days reading every chapter. To be honest, the fact that Edward and Bella aren't together is pissing me off. They're meant for each other! Riley sounds so fucking hot and he's pretty sweet but he isn't Edward. And whoever this Maggie chic is, I don't like her either. E and B forever. Screw Riley. Maybe Rye and Mag should shook up and bring them together.
wreckedangelus chapter 23 . 6/14/2012
found this story last night and didn't stop reading till i was caught up... I too was in complete awe of PJ growing up. This story takes me back to that time of my life... the angst of my teenage years. Completely loving this story
chosmer chapter 23 . 6/14/2012
I think I'm more invested in this story than a sane person should be. I just need to vent ALL THE FEELINGS from this update:

I'm glad Bella is focused on getting closure, but I feel like she is being itoo/i nice about it. The whole ending made me want to pull my hair out. Edward (and even Emmett's) loyalties, to me, are worth nothing. Emmett has seen how Rose has treated Bella in the past. Edward has as well. Yet, they are still friends with her. In this chapter, Bella was walking by and Rose says something snippy. Right off. The first words that were passed between them. And Edward kind of tells her in his tone to knock it off. I feel like Bella should have brought up the fact that nothing had changed. (Emmett just said in the hospital room that Rose has changed... really?) Doesn't Edward see that? WHY IS HE FRIENDS WITH HER? If he ever really cared for Bella at all (and I think we all believe he does/did) then how can he stand it? I don't care how nice that person was to me personally, if they were cruel to someone I cared for I wouldn't want anything to do with them.

The part of the talk where she informs Edward of the real Angela (I am so happy Bella mentioned it), Edward replied -

i"Thanks for the warning," he says, smiling just a little. "You don't have to worry about it. Angela pretty much hates my guts these days."/i

I don't understand how he can 'smile a little' when the topic was so sad. She just told him this "friend" helped tear apart their relationship (to some extent) and that Bella knew he was (maybe... us readers don't know for sure) sleeping with his ex... NOT THAT LONG after they had broken up. So, Bella feels guilty kissing another guy, yet Edward can sleep with another girl weeks after their breakup... a breakup he really didn't try to repair. Instead of driving to Seattle, maybe he should have driven to her house. (I'm just jumping to conclusions)

I know we only see one side, which makes everything so much more intriguing. We don't REALLY know what happened on Edward's end. But, he never once said he was sorry during their talk. He brought up that he shouldn't have said the things he did, but didn't apologize for it. He doesn't even seem to be sorry.

I also have to remember that it's been a long time, and a lot has happened. They've been broken up longer than they were together. I just feel Bella needs to be more pissed about how she was treated. So far I'm rooting for Riley (No I do not want this to be a R/B story! I'm just sayin'). He's like the old Edward, but with tattoo's and better taste in music (he was so right, Pearl Jam did ride on the coattails of Nirvana).
2,852 | « Prev Page 1 .. 141 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 161 .. Last Next »