Reviews for The Give Away Girl
reds-red chapter 5 . 6/20/2012
Love your sweet, sexy, stealthy Edward. Nice birthday for Bella.
SusanQ chapter 23 . 6/19/2012
I've seen your story rec'd and talked about and I and as much as I wanted to read it based on the recs, those recs didn't do the story justice, I love this story. Love it. I fell in love with Edward right along with Bella, felt the loneliness in their relationship, the heart break. It was like it was happening to me. That rarely happens when I feel like I'm inside of the story and I get annoyed when real life takes me away from it. ;)

I'm looking so forward to more.
tnuccio chapter 4 . 6/19/2012
Okay, I'm loving this. I'm loving all the 90's references, being a child of the 80's this is bringing back so many memories.

Sitting on the phone holed up on the porch or out the window with the cord stretched all the way so you couldn't move another inch.

The food, the music... love it
coldplaywhore chapter 23 . 6/19/2012
It hurts to see her confused and hurting. She's still stuck on E and leading on Riley, but that's what confused teens do. I'll take the Pearl jam tickets LOL
reds-red chapter 4 . 6/19/2012
Well this story has me a bit intrigued I must say. I am very familiar with the 90's and almost spit tea when I read the Twin Peaks mention...lol. So far, so good!
SunflowerFran chapter 23 . 6/19/2012
I am so happy that she went to see Emmett, and that they are trying to repair their friendship...and Edward...wow, I so want then to get back together. They fell apart for all the wrong reasons. So many missed signals, and opportunities. But maybe all is not lost...

Loving this so much, cannot wait for chapter 24...
lebrute chapter 23 . 6/18/2012
This is such a great strory. I just found it a few days ago. I'm surprised that there are so few reviews. I love that it's set in the 90s. It's so different then usual e/b fic. Keep going! I have a feeling something's gonna go down at the wedding.
nola09 chapter 23 . 6/18/2012
I found this story and could not stop reading. I had to wait until the last chapter because my emotions changed with each chapter which is a credit to your writing. You capture teenage angst very well. Throughout most of the story I felt sorry for Bella because it seemed like the only constant she had was Charlie and the PAC. With all the drama at PA, Rene never supported Bella which made it worse, and it seemed that Rene knew the jist of what was going on. I was sad that she lost the normalcy of the Cullen family when she broke up with Edward. Overall, Edward and Bella are both wrong in this situation. He claims that she never really fought for them to work things out but I do not think he did either. It is hard to imagine what he is going through since we do not get his POV but I am thinking that he was hurting as much as Bella. I do not think he had much faith in her though and he did not trust her. He apparently thought that Bella was with Jake when she left PA and then he quickly hooked up with Maggie again. Bella was wrong by not telling anyone in PA what she knew about Royce and Ben. She should have at least told Emmett, but then she always saw Edward and Emmett with Rosalie and Rosalie was a part of the whole scheme with Royce. Still today they are faithful to Rosalie and that must hurt Bella, because Edward and Emmett have to know now what Rosalie did to Bella. Rosalie still acts like a bitch. I like Riley but it just seems odd that a guy who travels around alot (a nomad) would want to settle down with a high school senior. They are just not at the same point in their lives and it just seems weird to me. They are obviously growing up, and I guess we will see where you take them next. At least they seem civil to one another now. I just want Bella to be happy and she deserves someone to treat her with respect for who she is. Can't wait for more.
spanglemaker9 chapter 23 . 6/18/2012
A few friends have recc'd this to me recently and yesterday I finally had a minute to give it a go. Yeah, I stayed up WAY too late catching up last night and now I'm completely obsessed. This morning I actually went back and re-read the break up chapters again. I don't know what that says about me except that I like my fic with a bite. Great story and believable characters. I'm dying a little that they're not together, but I can't wait to see where you take it.
leah-cupcake chapter 23 . 6/18/2012
Ohhhh, this story makes my stomach hurt! In a good way I think! (or it could be the flu I think I'm catching...)

I followed this story from the lemonade stand, because anything Rochelle Allison recs is worth a try for sure! I absolutely gobbled this story. I stayed up late last night trying to get through the tough chapters of Bella and Edward falling apart. I'm not ashamed to say I cried a little, but it was 2:30 in the morning and I am a little hormonal any ways! I like how these characters aren't perfect, and they are starting to realize it. Bella is growing up, and admitting it's not all Edwards fault, but she was pulling away and keeping secrets and things to herself.

Also, Maggie is Edwards old... whatever from back in Seattle right? The girl he kind of slept with before meeting Bella? I kind of hate Edward a little for sleeping with her now, and for dating Angela, although I know he needs to move on and grow up too. But I'm thinking he's in the same boat as Bella, needing to move on, and trying, but he still loves her and thinks about her a lot. And I might be a little hypocritical because I kind of like Riley, but only a little. I think it's a little like trying not to like your mom's new boyfriend, because you want her to still but with your dad, but you can acknowledge that he's a nice guy, and could possibly be good for her. ;)

Please update soon so the excited/sad/confused/nervous pit in my stomach can go away! I know it's a process and they all need to grow up a little more, but please get Bella and Edward back as soon as possible!

Thanks for writing a great teenage story and sharing it with us!

-Leah
taylorishotterthanrob chapter 23 . 6/18/2012
Oh my goodness! I am in love with this story! I'm not big on drugs but I love how well you write about the times and everything. It's just amazing and I want to see E & B together again, I miss him
Chrystiana chapter 12 . 6/18/2012
How do you only have just over 600 reviews - I love this story and your writing style. Hits story alert :)
spunky01 chapter 23 . 6/17/2012
I couldn't sleep tonight, because I was instantely hooked by this story. I truly have no words to describe how good it is. I still can remember how it was to be in love for the very first time and that's why I could relate so much with your Bella. It broke MY heart aswell when they broke up. I almost began choking on tears, it was almost too much.

I just want to compliment you on this beautifully written treasure and thank you for sharing it.

Can't wait for the next update.

All the best from germany :))
Julia-S77 chapter 23 . 6/16/2012
I do remember how awful high school was, and I would never want to relive any of it.

Riley is being very kind by realising that bella still feels something for someone that ended badly but he is still prepared to wait for her. Renee didn't appear to impressed by Riley.

Glad that Emmett and Bella have at least some to some sort of truce and are trying to be friends again. Rose should just keep her mouth shut instead of trying to make things worse yet again!

Great chapter, loved it xx
TheDramaVamp chapter 10 . 6/16/2012
You really are the cutest thing ! Alot of authors I marvel nd appreciate their work but not all are as much entertaining in their authors note. I cracked down laughing when u explained Edward's visual defect because while I was reading I wondered the same thing. Iooooove ur story and am tOtaly hooked !
2,873 | « Prev Page 1 .. 141 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 161 .. Last Next »