Reviews for The Give Away Girl
Debra doo chapter 24 . 6/19
I love twitterpating. Thanks, Babycakes.
Debra doo chapter 23 . 6/19
My teenage years were pretty much the exact same as Miss Bella. I had a blast looking back. Thanks for the stroll.
Debra doo chapter 16 . 6/19
I remember that first heart break. It was the end of the world. Now I look back and realize I dodged a bullet in some cases. :)
Debra doo chapter 2 . 6/17
The Commitments is one of my favorite movies. My love of Glen Hansard started then. And then again in Once. It's like you and I have the same taste in all things awesome.
dreamzuvedward chapter 22 . 6/4
I think I've told you this in a previous review on this story, but even though it's a difficult read for me (so heavy on the angst!) I love rereading this story, and I love love love your writing! Especially love the visual I got on poor Jasper herding the gaggle of girls into the house like drunken cattle. Always laugh so loud at that part. Helps me get over the whole-Gasp! She's feeling something for someone other than Edward! Yeah I'm ridiculous for that, but I think I'm in good company when I read your funny A/N-like you'd rather chew off your hands than write an E/B/Jake triangle, And that you won't write non-E/B lemons. Hope you're still writing, your words are beautiful!
moondancer1179 chapter 32 . 5/27
As a, the nostalgia! Amazing details from the time period, the angst, the love story, the character development. One of my favorite reads! Sad it's over, but what a journey, and a trip down memory lane in a way ;)
Petal145 chapter 32 . 5/27
Fantastic! Loved every chapter!
undomesticgoddess chapter 32 . 5/7
This is by far the best fanfic i've read, I've been hooked for the past week. Your words and the whole story itself captures the rawness of being a teen in the 90s. Amazing plot, and character development! I really feel like I was there experiencing everything with them :) I hope you keep on writing! Thank you for creating this and sharing it! Simply amazing!
Aww super cute ending. Is Carmen still with Elliot? Aww Jasper and Alice didn't make it :( they were the Mike and Jessica of the group, you expected them to make it then shit came up :( They're married though! Aww love it and this story!
Awwww this ending was perfect. I love it so much. My heart is on its own roller later of smiling and crying.
I e been loving this story. For awhile there I was starting to lose hope that they'd get bam together. I sometimes forget this story is set in the 90s because it's one of those stories that can be applied to any decade.
Bella does need to grow up. She should've told her dad. She shouldn't have thrown away her backpack because now she has to buy a new one. She could've just waited to go home and sort through it. Hopefully Emmett saves it for her.
sparkledamnu chapter 32 . 4/9
For the past several weeks I've flounced more stories than I've finished. I opened TGAG because someone in a group recommended it. I've been sitting here, in bed, 5:30 a.m., wondering how I missed this awesome fic for over 2 years. I'm also a little upset with myself because I read the entire story straight through and I'm at the end and wanting sooooo much more of these two - no, the entire group!

I hope I can convey with a few words how awesome you story is.

The reader always expects/assumes that the main characters will be well developed and weave the perfect story. You went above and beyond. You not only allowed all of your readers to become intimate with E&B, but you chose to let us into the hearts and minds of each and every character.

TGAG had a beginning, a middle and an ending. Many stories today jump straight to a few lemons and then are marked it complete. You wrote some hot lemons but they were woven into a brilliant story. Thank you for that.

I had so many emotions course through my heart and brain while reading. I fell in love with Edward. I was hurt and devastated when they broke up and I was angry not only with Edward, but Bella as well. Then I began to think about all of the characters that played a part in their destruction. WOW! But most of all I enjoyed following the yellow brick road back to happiness with them! I'll make you laugh here, but Leah's graduation speech had me snot snobbing. I could so see that little girl huddled under that table and looking up and seeing those three faces. It was as though the sun came out after a storm and made the most colorful rainbow. I ran out of Kleenex and just got a roll of tissure paper and set it on my night stand! (Yes, I started a grocery list while reading) :D

It also felt good to LIKE some of the characters that we always hate. Mike weaseled his way into my heart and that's a first for me.

I know my review is kind of chaotic but I have so many things going in my heart and head that it's just hard to write everything in a review. That's why you're the writer and I'm the reader!

Thank you soooo much for writing for our fandom. I appreciate you and all of the stories that you have gifted to our fandom. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again.

Elaine - Sparkle Damnu Elaine Phillips on FB sparkledamnu on all fandom reading sites
SashaJaneAnderton chapter 32 . 3/16
Ahhh I'm so sad this is over! I truly loved this story, and stayed up until 3am last night reading. You've opened my eyes to some amazing music, so thank you! Can't wait to read more of your stuff. Sasha xx
Msmalloryreads chapter 27 . 3/1
I know you probably don't read these anymore, but this story reminds me of my high school days. When I read this last an I started to cry. I see my friend who passed from Aids as well when I read your words. I see my adopted cousin who has lived her entire life with HIV. Rip Joe-Joe. Bless you cous.
2,758 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »