Reviews for Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion
Omega the Omniscient chapter 4 . 6/11/2013
Whoa. Just read this after the latest chapter of The Defervescence. Nice work.
Cornova chapter 4 . 3/23/2013
Interesting way of dealing with the kingler invasion and considering what kind of city Sunnyshore is, it isn't too farfetched. There were several things that I found interesting in this chapter in fact. Your introduction of Volta for one. Would've liked to have seen more of her in the future. The inclusion of a Mienshao, while not unheard of, was surprising and I look forward to how it affects the team dynamics and what it offers to the group. I like how each of the battles is divided, allowing for each character enough space to flesh out their own thoughts, styles, and strengths in the fray. Never thought of using a tent peg as a weapon but I guess in these times of crisis you can pretty much use anything. I'm curious as to why Lucian only used one peg while WIll used several. Were there not enough or is it Lucian can only control one? Or could it be that Lucian's focused all of his energy into one and handles it better than will who has to divide his attention among six and has weaker control over each of them. I've always enjoyed the use of a hammer during a war so Andre's little section was a treat. I'm finding the mechanical arms on the trucks a little difficult to imagine, but that's just a personal thing. Volkner's end was touching despite the short amount of time we actually got with him. Although it may not come for a while, I'm looking forward to seeing what lies next for our little group of champions.
nightelf37 chapter 4 . 3/9/2013
Damn, I'm thinking of unicorn auras right now. (Get out of my head!)

I may have forgotten, but is Mienshao a Gen V Pokémon?
Cornova chapter 3 . 9/8/2012
Wow.
This is really impressive. Not to say the previous version of this chapter was bad, but I'm really loving the direction that you decided to take with this. What really grabs me about this chapter is how easily I found myself immersed into the story. The plentiful amount of description made the transition so easy and definitely set the tone of the story. The atmosphere is perfectly constructed, I can feel the confusion and fear to the point where it's palpable. The inability to understand what is going on and why all of this is happening, the feeling of being on the run, stopping from one temporary safe house to the next definitely sends the message of an ensuing apocalypse happening. Will and Lucian's reactions and abilities still remain very interesting and I like that they were developed further. Cynthia's reactions to all of this were very human and reasonable, though I wonder about her choice to abandon so many to their fates. Not saying you should change that though because I doubt any of us would be acting normal under those circumstances. Our first thoughts are self preservation but I do wonder how it will affect her in the future once she's had time to think back. Being caught in the middle of a battle between two large armies of pokemon was described beautifully, although the Kingler's motives for fighting were a little vague. The introduction of Andre and Renee was a nice addition and despite only knowing them for such a short amount of time, I find myself already invested in their characters. I'm curious to see what their fates are for the future. I didn't think you'd honestly make a small squad of commando Jennys, not that I'm complaining, just the description of their gear and weaponry was awesome and I'm really looking forward to seeing them in action. It's been a while since this story's been updated but this chapter alone is a testament to the phrase of not being able to rush genius. I really like the new direction you're taking this story, it's fresh and it keeps me guessing on what's going to happen next. However long it takes, I will be looking forward to seeing the next installment of this series.
TheNooby chapter 3 . 8/2/2012
Swell stuff you can do with crabs and oysters.

Now all we need is a monstrous army of Magikarp, all splashing toward any civilization they can crush.
Korora12 chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
This chapter looks pretty good, but there is one problem. It's not Will and Lucian, I get that, it's the fact that he dampener removal was supposed o happen in the middle of the night. Why are they having a tournament in the middle of the night? Unless this is taking place in the Unova region or something (the Unova region is supposed to be on the other side of the world, so there would be a time difference).
No Pein No Game chapter 2 . 1/7/2012
This is an awesome story so far. Cynthia is my favorite Champion so far. I can't wait for the next chapter.
alicekinsno1 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
This story looks very interesting. I'm definitely interested in how it progresses; the Poke Wars series as a whole is pretty interesting to me, and this looks like a promising installment since I like the Sinnoh characters so much.

It doesn't look like there are any errors in the spelling or grammar; if there are any typos they don't detract from the meaning of the story; and so far everyone appears to be in character (hard to judge since this wasn't a very character-focused chapter). Definitely keeping my eyes on this.
Janus366 chapter 1 . 10/10/2011
What an interesting way of describing a tournament of the Elite Four and elite trainers... Now the nightmare have started for Cynthia the champion of Sinnoh.

I liked how the two psychics gived commands to their pokemon through telepathy. Also, this part remembered a little of The Exigence, but in this case, the apocalypse started in a battle. I will be seeing how this continous.
ARCEUS-master chapter 2 . 8/25/2011
Nice chapter, I liked it. Though, you need to be careful, on some parts of it, it seemed rushed, be more patiened with your writing.

Flint's death and all his pokemon is said, and to think he was such a strong pokemon trainer... and the overrunning of the Kingler and cloyster was good, as well as the Riot officer Jenny, perhaps my only complain is to question the existance of 911 in pokemon.

Also sad about Cynthia's gastrodon, how did it die?

Anyway, enjoyable chapter. It was a nice read. )
ARCEUS-master chapter 1 . 8/25/2011
Wow, interesting chapter, it was sad to see that Flint had to die, such a powerful and strong trainer dead on the first day ( And as for Cynthia, wow, she took the situation more calmy than I would have expected, but then again, she is a very collected person.

I'm sure that the second everything goes silent, the first thing she'll do is go out and check her pokemon, she wouldn't leave them alone too much time in such a catastrophe.

I wonder what else will unfold in this day with the Sinnoh league and champions.
Cornova chapter 2 . 8/21/2011
This was a good chapter in my opinion. Having two psychics on the team will definitely be useful if anyone is going to survive this night. Although brief, from what I've read I'm liking each of their characters. Including a fully armed officer Jenny was awesome, and I can't wait to see her and possibly any others in action against the Kingler. The portrayal of the Kingler was nice and I'm interested to see how everyone's Pokemon will retaliate against them. Cynthia seems to be having qualms about her Pokemon and their newfound ability to kill, I wonder how it'll affect her orders. I wonder where Volkner is, if he's even alive, and if he is, how will he take the news of Flint's death if doesn't already know. Sad to see that Gastrodon and all of Flint's Pokemon were killed.
Nauran chapter 2 . 8/21/2011
You seem to like asking Cynthia 'Who was she kidding?' over and over again.

Although the character selections and settings are good, it's hard for me to follow such a shoddy pace, switching from things like conversation to action without any build-up. And aside from changing the scenes one after the other, the paragraphs have no descriptive depth to create a 'feel' for the scene, so it's all just one line after another.

No thanks. I'll stick with Cornova's work...
REV6Pilot chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Wow, way to start the arc, man!

One thing bothers me, though, and that is the two psychics getting their boost so violently, and at the same time as the Pokémon. Cornova's canon makes it clear that it was Lugia who unlocked the humans' powers, at a controllable rate. And that unlock happened no earlier than ten days after Ho-oh did his own. So, unless you're taking a very broad stroke, this is a plothole.

Are you planning on fusing this story with The Truculence when Cornova writes it? I think it's a plausible possibility.

That's gonna be all for now. See you later!
Cornova chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Love what you did here, I'm really looking forward to seeing this continued. The way you had Flint die was pretty cool, and I'm looking forward to seeing more of Will and Lucian as they look like interesting above all I love the idea that all this destruction and death is occurring inside the stadium and in a larger scope all of Sinnoh and the world is being affected by the dampener removal. I kind of envision it as an image of the stadium panning out and showing all the destruction. The Elite cup was another interesting idea, had it been in any other setting it would've been an interesting idea, having the elite 4 of each region fight each other in a tournament. A great chapter all around, canon in my book.

-Cornova