Reviews for The Day the Music Lived
Meew3 chapter 1 . 6/28/2014
Peekaboo42 chapter 1 . 2/19/2014
A beautiful, haunting story! U captured each character wonderfully. I particularly liked how you portrayed Lestrade. I love that silver fox. Hope u will write more Sherlock stories soon.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
And John is so right. Those moments, those precious moments make putting up with all the other crap life dishes out bearable. So Well done!
HarnGin chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
"I can't remember if I cried when I heard about his widowed bride...," obviously, Mrs. Hudson can. Thanks for writing.
ebonypol chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
Love it! Amazing! :)
slashslut chapter 1 . 8/8/2012
lovely fic; loved the description of them being misfit toys
mangaluva chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
That was so cute :) I think that's the first reference that I've come across in your fic to the Cuddly Jumpers of Awesome XDXDXD

Also, you have John comment on what a pretty man Greg is very often XD Are you shipping there, or am I just completely incapable of removing my slash goggles? :x
Murf1307 chapter 1 . 1/17/2012
This fic made me tear up. Really. I don't go for genfic often, but I grew up on early rock (courtesy of a set of 50s Greatest Hits albums in the glovebox of my grandparents' car), and you captured the soft, comfortable feeling of a family enjoying each others' company that I couldn't help but feel, and feel very hard.

Thank you, really.
TaleWeaver chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
I've loved Buddy Holly since I was very small - he and Roy Orbison were my dad's favourites. I remember on a family outing to our local beachfront sometime in the '90's, my Dad pointed to a spot on a nearby lawn and remarked that he was sitting right there when he was told about the American Pie crash.

When my Dad was in the coma he never came out of, I promised him we'd play Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison at the funeral.

Funny you mention 'BEHM' though; it's a long running family joke for us to sing it about my Dad, though in our case it's 'Blue Eyed Handsome Man'. To this day, whenever I hear the song I always sing it as 'Blue'.

Sorry, I've mostly filled this talking about my Dad instead of the story, but I hope you appreciate the sentiment.

For the record, I thought this was a lovely little family piece.
imaginativefig chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Oh. My. Word. How do you even do this? This is just a brilliant short story. It has humor, perfect characterization, and tender moments (without being sappy). I'm so dang envious right now!

It's so refreshing too, to find a friendship fic. And you focused my favorite character, Lestrade!

Sigh. I can go to sleep happy now.
angelwithabutt chapter 1 . 10/2/2011
...My dad's birthday's on 7th September too, he would be 48.
owl-eats-waffles chapter 1 . 8/18/2011
That was beautiful, powerful and reallly quite moving- I love the idea of them united through music.
Ace of Emeralds chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
YOU are awesome. This story is awesome. *love*
Lestrade's Lady chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
Whoa . . .this story is awesome! The characterization, the emotions. . .wow! Wonderful job!
aecujnincvdjhvcgf chapter 1 . 7/24/2011