Reviews for Meet The Godparents
indigobenson23 chapter 38 . 7/7
Is there a sequel to this? I just found this beautiful piece of literature and I absolutely adore it! Thanks for writing it!
CJTressler chapter 38 . 6/12
Wait! That can't be the end, yet. There are too many loose ends for this to be the end. Please finish the story.
BillBrink chapter 38 . 5/1
As much as I enjoy your writing, I feel you just became tired of this one and decided to chop it off. There is no or little resolution in some of the major plot points; Dumbledore, prophesy, search for the body, ending conflict with Death Eaters, Draco's inclusion, what happens to Ron and Ginevra. Instead we are left with some tea and the adoption of Teddy, which was no surprise. Will you write the sequel?
BillBrink chapter 6 . 4/30
One of the reasons I like to read you is the depth of your dialogue in your characters. The insight you pass through your characters is golden which can only be gained through experience. Obviously that is missing in the plethora of stories by younger writers on this site. Some of your sentences I just want to frame in front of me in order to finish some stories by other authors. Finding yours makes it worth the time spent having to read all the rest. Thank you.
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 38 . 12/1/2016
A thoroughly wonderful story, introducing concepts, spells, and societal expectations I have not seen before or not seen as well-written and fleshed-out as this author so eloquently portrays.
Thank you for sharing your written gift.
SnuggleKitten69 chapter 34 . 12/1/2016
I do so like the pace this story maintains and I especially like the behind-the-scenes (or is that screens?) implications of intimacy.
Thank you for sharing this wonderful tale.
Akumi99 chapter 38 . 10/3/2016
Oh...I wish I'd known this was only a part of the story. Now I feel like I've been left to hang out in nothingness with absolutely no resolution to anything important. I never read the first part of a series without knowing the sequels are finished. I really wish there was some kind of warning as now I feel like I've wasted a few days getting invested and I don't imagine a sequel will come out soon as this story was complete quite a while ago. Just...disappointed at the end.
Akumi99 chapter 35 . 10/2/2016
I don't feel any amount of closure on the Dumbledore front at all. He's not repentant, he just want Harry to listen to him again. Why all this nonsense about forgiving him when he hasn't even admitted his crimes or truly apologized? It's unsatisfying that the way the Dumbledore problem will be resolved won't be in the story. He's a major plot point and is the sole reason for Harry and Hermione wasting years apart. He used one of the darkest magics ever. I'm disappointed he i won't get to see the consequences he faces.
Akumi99 chapter 33 . 10/2/2016
I think things are getting more complicated than necessary. One could argue that's life, but you're adding a lot of information a new character or two very close to the end. I just think it overloading the story a little too much. I am still really enjoying it, but I find I have to ignore some new information because it only adds a ton more questions that probably won't be answer in the time left. Still, I'm looking forward to when the main confrontation happens in this story. I hope you're going to show what happens to Dumbledore after everything's over.
Akumi99 chapter 30 . 10/2/2016
Um...since when can ghosts actually cast spells and aren't patronus intangible? I'm just confused. I liked this chapter but I feel like I've missed something. I never got the impression ghosts were anywhere near that powerful.
Akumi99 chapter 25 . 10/1/2016
At first I was shocked that albus received what equated to a wrist slap because sirius didn't even share half of what albus did to the kids, not to mention that he used the darkest spell on them for no apparent reason other than his need to be in control of everything. Now I'm appeased by the ending conversation and I hope there's some real resolution on his punishment since he is not at all repentant. Onwards with the story!
Akumi99 chapter 24 . 10/1/2016
I am glad I held a little faith based on how much I enjoyed and trusted your planning in the beginning. I found the last few chapters interesting and I could jump with joy that that ridiculous farce they were planning didn't come to fruition. I'm still uncomfortable with most of it even if they didn't follow through, so I'm basically blocking out those chapters that made me want to give up on this story. I did like the idea of a remainder of Tom being left in ginnys mind and always wondered why she never got therapy for that ordeal. Then again, the magical world in the books frustrated me constantly with its ineptitude, idiocy, and the way most people were completely illogical. I'm one of those rare ones that liked the bare bones of the books and ideas created but didn't fawn over them and got frustrated with how the wizarding world was run. I know there was a lot of work put into them, and I respect that immensely, but I often wondered why more magical people (muggleborns especially) didn't got to magical communities in other countries when they realized how bigoted and backwards magical Britain was.

Anyways, way off track. It's really late here and I'm losing my ability to comment in a comprehensive way. Just know I am enjoying the turn this took and feel fairly confident in the rest of the story. I almost gave up a few times and wish that stupid, cruel, pointless, and useless plan was never in this story in the first place, but I'm hopeful things won't take such a disastrous turn (in my opinion) again. I'm just so relieved I can say I like this story again and that my avid enjoyment of the first twelve chapters wasn't a waste.
Akumi99 chapter 20 . 10/1/2016
If they still go back and ignore they're married I will print out this story just to burn it to satisfy my burning anger. Okay...that's a little harsh...but a part of me means it.
Akumi99 chapter 18 . 10/1/2016
I can't even enjoy this time because I know they're going to go back, deny their bond, and end up dating/shagging other people. I don't really see them having a choice either like everyone else keeps saying they do. They pretty much got drawn into this dreamworld/elven world to be taunted with the truth. They should have just left them to finish the prophecy and then have the big reveal. Now everything tastes bitter and I'm annoyed and getting impatient with all this elven world stuff. I can't enjoy them being together when I know they're going to lie and manipulate Ginny and Ron in a way that would make Dumbledore proud and I can't see past them deciding to ignore their bond when they go back. The whole thing just seems unnecessary and is making me wish for the quality of the first twelve chapters. It wish this story continued from chapter twelve in a normal way that was about them realizing they loved each other and them going through breakups with Ginny and Ron and progressing into a relationship with the help of the closeness brought on by raising teddy together. It appears like the original plot of them being godparents to teddy disappeared in all this extra elf stuff. I know in said buying a book is always a gamble, but I think you should put something about the elves in the description since its apparently a huge part of the story. I should have paid closer attention to the 'mystery' tag. I'm not so much upset that it turned out a way I didn't expect, more that I'm uncomfortable with the direction it's going and that the characters seem to think what they're doing is the right path to follow.
Akumi99 chapter 16 . 10/1/2016
I feel a little better about it since a lot more was explained her and thought through, but it still feels like they're going to allow themselves to lie to people they say they care for to manipulate them into doing what they think is best, a lot like Dumbledore. And they're allowing each other to have sex with people they aren't in love with. It's just...it just rubs me the wrong way. It makes me uncomfortable and slightly disgusted. I have an extreme hatred for cheating that grew out of watching my dad get caught cheating when I was really young. Not just once, but he'd been cheating for seven years and had almost a whole different family,two other kids almost my age at the time. It kind of scarred me for life as I watched the destruction it brought to my family when I was only eight. So...this just feels so completely wrong and horrible to me. They're going to be almost creating separate families and it's all a lie. They're going to raise teddy as separate couples, and that's horrible for teddy when the truth comes out eventually. I just...I might have to give this story a pass if I can't stomach it when they go back.
1,053 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »