Reviews for But Here I Am
Kataang9 chapter 1 . 3/19
I always did imagine Lightning as a kind of girl who doesn't do sweets.
I do feel bad for her, having to go to a place that serves food she hates. I imagine that kind of feeling. My own mother and father forces me to eat stuff I just can't stand. Especially cooked vegetables, those just make me sick, literally sick.
gbdeck200 chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
hope is horrible at deals
a cookie really lol
lightning's advance on him wow
go hope
Honestly chapter 1 . 8/12/2012
Great work. I can't find a single flaw other than it ended.
Mylaervain chapter 1 . 2/24/2012
Should definatly continue. I love the way you were going, and it seemed like I was pulled out of a haze at the sudden ending.

My cat even agrees! (He hoped up on my desk as I was typing, so will call it agreement.)
Ruine chapter 1 . 9/8/2011
I enjoyed this story immensely, the chemistry between Lightning and Hope was very clear and unique. However, I feel you made Lightning seem almost too cold to Hope in the beginning; I assume you were merely trying to write her as inscrutable but I found it mildly heavy. She seemed too callous towards him despite having k known him for four years already as you've stated in the timeline of the fanfic. Given the course of the game, I feel Lightning softens whenever she interacts with Hope; her voice is gentler, she's more patient and she's more lenient. Perhaps, because he's now a young adult she's treating him as she would a man but I personally found it a little too cold for her. Her chill, indifferent attitude seemed over too emphasized to me in the first segment of the story. This is not to say your interpretation is wholly wrong; I think in her own way, Lightning will be harsh on Hope because she cares for him so deeply. She doesn't want him to get hurt, and would 'hurt' him a bit since she figures she'd be 'gentler' than if he made a large mistake because she wasn't watching out for him . . . and that just became twisted but so Lightning-esque logic. xD Okay, I adore your fic and the thoughts it creates. hehehe.

Ahem, right, Hope seemed rather child-like still for an 18 year old. I would think he'd be more mature; or that's just the game talking to me. However, at the same time, I can see him being child-like because Lightning really does bring out the innocence (or silliness, depending on whose perspective) in him. Which I adore as one of the countless facets of their relationship.

Oh, I adore your Flustered!Hope, he's such a loveable dork. And I see Lightning got infected by Snow's 'kid' reference to Hope.

The dinner was just as I expected and I loved how you presented Hope's strength and weakness as well as his immaturity and maturity. Most especially, I focused on Lightning's unique method of showing her own form of love via support both silent and verbal.

The latter part of the fanfic is rather difficult to review. Not because it threw me off but more I think my fangirl side got loose. xD The ending showed the Lightning I knew was lurking underneath that tougher than steel exterior. I think I really felt the switch from best friends to possible lovers; or just two people who have realized that words and time will only give some much; actions will close the gap.

Lastly, thank you so very much for writing this fanfic and posting it. I hope that one day, you would feel the urge to pick it up again. You closed a door but open a multitude with the ending. I've rarely seen a fanfic which explores the between. Many focus on the pre-romance while others work on an established relationship. With this, I feel you've created the perfect setting.

This is merely a suggestion, of course. However, I will keep an eye out. Warmest regards!
Comancee chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
My god... Beautiful.

This story is absolutely amazing. Its these kinds that make me want to write, or be as good as you. Wow. I don't think I can express my gratitude enough. I almost want to cry tears of happiness. Its perfect. Lightning, the older and more mature one, still taking care of Hope, but in a different way. Oh man, if it was only like that in the real game.

I love this story. I'm going to go see if you've wrote any other Hope x Light stories, and I will read whats there. If not, thank you... not much more I can say.

Keep it up! :)
Crimson Masquerade chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
i loved it! light was so serene and her chemistry with hope was great, especially when she was helping him out at the dinner (and eating past! what a trooper). i thought the final scene was kind of tacked on, but that's my only complaint. great job!
Reader chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Pretty nice short fic. You did well in portraying the chemistry between Hope & Light. I hope you write more stories if you do not plan on continuing this.
Wanderer of Worlds chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Wow! That was such an smzaibg story! I wish I could write stories as well as you!
Wanderer of Worlds chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Crystal chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
love it! You kept us in the dark about how Lightning saw Hope right till the end which was great :) Really hoping to see a continuation for this one or other hope/light stories from you!
Brom chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Superb. Wonderful. Great.

All of these are words I would use to describe this fanfiction.

I really liked it!

I hope you keep writing! :)
Xinyii xo chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Aww... that was really sweet. I loved it Especially with how you portrayed the characters specifically Hope and his discomfront towards Martha. I really loved how you described everything.

I hope you choose to continue the fanfiction C8