Reviews for Mania
Do You Wonder chapter 3 . 8/28/2012
I like it. I haven't read a story about the guys being "bad boys." haha, It's a good idea. Update soon! :)
LoVin tHIs fIc chapter 3 . 8/18/2012
Love love love this story! You managed to capture the loyalty and friendship between the boys brilliantly. Defiantly a different twist on the boys story, but i love it, And i LOVE Logan! ;) :P Please continue with this story!

x x x
LadyRose12 chapter 3 . 9/25/2011
Love it! I'm so glad you updated! Please do so again soon.

~Lady Rose
Q chapter 3 . 8/27/2011
Again, this chapter was amazing - especially the way you've captured the loyalty, trust, and love every character has for one another. And I love how you describe Logan's shyness and self-consciousness; although he's definitely in a much better state, he's still incredibly vulnerable.

And the way you ended this chapter - that last sentence says so much with so little words.

(I loved the baseball discussion between Logan and Carlos too! ;P)
happygirl57 chapter 3 . 8/26/2011
I absolutely loved this chapter. Katie was so adorable and I love how she looks up to her brothers. The fight scene was simply incredible. It had so much action and I could stop reading. This was amazing and I can't way to read more!
Miss Fenway chapter 3 . 8/26/2011
So. I'm sitting here trying to come up with words instead of resorting to keyboard smashing. Self-control, Laura. Self-control. I have it. I think. What. Is. Life? What is my name? Where am I? What are the mysteries of the universe? What is this glorious, beautiful, amazing piece of writing that I am trying to read and review? Those are the questions that will plague me tonight as I try to sleep. Lol. No, not really. Except maybe the last one. But I'm still sleeping so WOO. Anyway. See? I'm already rambling. FOCUSING IN THREE. . . TWO. . . ONE.

Okay well, I just wanted to point out how much I LOVE how protective and big brotherly Kendall was in this chapter. In the beginning when he didn't sleep because he was afraid of Robert Mitchell coming to their house. . . just everything about that. How afraid he was that he would lose Logan. He's so grown up and yet at the same time, he's still so vulnerable. They all are in this story. It makes me cry and want to hold them forever, but I love it. It's one of my favorite parts of this whole story.

Anyway. On with Kendall being protective and a big brother. The scene with him and Katie and Logan and then everyone else. I saw “everyone else” because I just keep going back to the part where the “siblings” are snuggling with each other. How precious are they? Like really. It's times like this one when I can almost forget how damaged they are from their dangerous environments. Everything about that scene was so full of love and innocence and there was no “We have to protect the neighborhood even though we're fourteen/fifteen” thing. They were just. . . kids. Becoming a family. . . Officially. I LOVED IT. And then when they DID become a family and Logan asked about the name change. I loved all of their reactions. But especially Kendall's (surprise, surprise!) because. . . this part. Just this part:

“You mean. . . to Logan Knight?” Kendall asked hopefully.

It just goes back to the part where I talked about Kendall, Katie and Logan. He was so adorable. There was none of that tough, outer exterior that all of the boys have. All of them before and after the courthouse were just precious and I love it. AMAZING.

Okay. Sobering now. The fight scene was TERRIFYING. I was freaking out the entire time. I had to stop myself from skimming over or skipping anything which is a bad habit of mine that I do when I'm reading something exciting. Kendall and the boys were back to being the bad boys that I love so much even though they make me cry. Their intentions are absolutely golden because all they want to do is protect the ones they love. But it's not SAFE or SMART and they're just so YOUNG. They're still babies, really. But I just loved how quickly Kendall went from being the scary tough guy to being the sweet and comforting big brother that Katie needed. He's just so incredible.

All right. I think I'm done talking about Kendall. Let's talk about Logan now. The first time I read the bit of part one that you sent to me, the very first thing that stood out to me was Logan wearing Kendall's clothes. Because it gave me just the sweetest image. And it was a sweatshirt and a pair of sweatpants that he was wearing. That was the best. I can just see the outfit being a little too big for him and it making him look even smaller than normal and sdkgrrthy6u67u67. Yeah. I kind of squealed. And I loved how vulnerable (I'm probably going to be using that word a LOT just so you know) he was. Hes just so. . . broken by his father and everything else that he's been though. To picture him sleeping on Kendall's couch in Kendall's clothes with Kendall's mom comforting him. I just loved it. And how much he unconsciously leaned into that comfort because he didn't have to act brave or anything. I wanted to snuggle with him (yeah I'm going to use the word snuggle a lot too).

Of course, then the very next scene, he does a complete 360. He was even making Carlos' dad (using SO MUCH self-control to not call him Papa lol) uneasy and I think that's the part that made me freaked out more than anything else. Because Mr. Garcia is feeling and thinking everything that I'm feeling and thinking. It's like this accident that's waiting to happen and no one can prevent it. I just feel so helpless even though this isn't real. I can't convince myself that this isn't real and that there isn't something I should be trying to do before everything. . . you know. Gets insane.

Logan was back to being his precious and adorable self in the very next scene. I just loved how excited and happy he was. I love it when he's like this. Like he should be. With no worries or burdens or insecurities. He can't question the love that surrounds him now and it gives me so much hope for him, because I'm again forgetting that this isn't real. I LOVE HAPPY LOGAN. Already considering Mrs. Knight his mom, Kendall his brother, and Katie his sister. And the name change. My favorite part of this whole chapter. LOVED IT.

But oh my, this chapter was REALLY letting onto the fact that SOMETHING is wrong with Logan. Because then he does another 360. With the fight. One minute, he's talking to Carlos about baseball (SO MUCH LOVE BY THE WAY), and the next, he's inches from killing someone. I just. . . it's so HEARTBREAKING to see him like that.

Last but not least, random highlights haha. Katie. Just the fact that she's there and looking up to the boys so much. She's always around which really adds to the family dynamics in this story. I loved how she was sleeping with Kendall in the beginning because she just wanted to be around her family after what happened with Logan. And I've already freaked out about the snuggling scene but yeah. Seeing how excited she was just made it even more precious. They all made it so incredibly precious in their own way for different reasons, you know? I also loved how she joked how she thought they would all wind up in the courtroom for “illegal” reasons haha. Lastly, I loved how she called Logan for help because she knew that he and Kendall and Carlos and James would protect her. She knew her big brothers would take care of everything.

And then the fact that James and Carlos went to the courthouse with them was SO awesome. I just. . . they were so happy for Logan. What amazing friends. Haha. I laughed out loud at the part about Carlos “objecting”. BUNNY! :) 3 And James taking the picture. Those little things stood out so much to me.

The baseball discussion. I don't think I need to say how much loved it haha. I don't think I can even say how much I loved it. Because it was awesome. Carlos was just so adorable. I've had very similar conversations with anyone who will talk to me about baseball haha. Fortunately, most of them are like Carlos and will pick the Red Sox over the Yankees. Thank you. -millions of hearts-

I'll end it with Mama Knight because she's such an amazing human being. I love how motherly and protective she is over all of her children. Sitting with Logan while he slept and stroking his hair and telling Kendall that they weren't going to lose him. . . I just love her.

I love this story and I love you. SO SO SO SO much.

squoctobird chapter 3 . 8/26/2011
Love the hints that Logan may be bipolor also...
Guest chapter 2 . 8/15/2011

Please update I need you to!
Blank Account 15 chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
Oh my! I wondered if his dad ahd really killed Logan's mom or not and I guess that answers that. I can't believe he killed her! And was probably going to kill Logan too if he hadn't got out. Thank goodness he got out! Also, I hope Kristen is okay and that you actually bring her into the story. Maybe Logan can tell her about his abuse and they can help each other.

Update soon please! :D
Blank Account 15 chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Aw, poor Logan! No matter his dad reason, he can't just go off and hit Logan like that! I love the protectiveness Logan has for Mrs. Knight and Katie. I think he went a bit far with the switchblades though. But I guess he was desperate not to loose them.
LadyRose12 chapter 2 . 7/27/2011
Absolutely excellent! A very engaging start! I love it!

~Lady Rose
Q chapter 2 . 7/24/2011
I loved this chapter! The way you wrote the scene where the boys find out about Logan's abusive home life - ugh, so good! Although I'm sure it's not the last we'll see of Robert Mitchell, I'm both glad and relieved that Logan escaped and ran to Kendall's. Definitely cannot wait for the next chapter!
Miss Fenway chapter 2 . 7/24/2011
I'm baaaack! So anyway, I'm really happy that you updated so soon because the few good stories that are around right now don't update as quickly as my instant gratification self needs haha. Anyway, I'll try to spare you my babble. Let's get down to business todefeattheHuns!

So first of all, I really like how James and Carlos were pretty much caught in the middle of Logan's and Kendall's argument. Like, how uncomfortable they were. And I love love love how Kendall just kept getting angrier and angrier. That's the famous Kendall Knight temper we all know and love so well! Of course, he has NOTHING on Logan which is my favorite part about this story. They're all such bad boys with huge hearts. I love them.

Danny scaaaaaaareeeeessssss me. Logan, hurry up and- I won't finish that sentence ahem. Danny is terrifying though.

Okay. Favorite part of this chapter. SO incredible. All of their emotions, the anger, the confusion, the fear, EVERYTHING. How Kendall didn't want to believe that Logan was being abused by his own father, how Carlos got close to tears, the realization sinking in for James. All of Logan's fears too. I wanted to hug all of them so badly. Their reasoning to keep Logan's secret was so completely heartbreaking. And ending it with Kendall the leader, promising to fix it? Perfect. I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CHAPTER, ESPECIALLY THIS PART.

This second scene was way more terrifying than the first one. I guess because it was late (or early depending on your point of view haha) and nights kind of scare me. They make everything and everyone a little darker. Even people who are already so completely dark and scary. The conversation leading up to Robert telling Logan about Mrs. Mitchell. . . the tension was rising and everything that poured out of his mouth was making me feel sick. I don't understand how someone can be so. . . cold.

Logan. Now I know how you feel when you say you want to hug him in my stories. I have a habit of getting way too attached to fictional characters -cough- Snape -cough- and Logan. I don't want him to hurt like this. Physically or emotionally. I just want him to be safe. And happy. And though we're getting closer to the safe part, I know it'll be a long, hard road to the happy part. But I know it'll be worth it.

Then Kendall. Kendall, Kendall, Kendall. Lauren, is this payback for all the angst I threw at you? Because even though I read what was happening to Logan as it happened and felt sick to my stomach with every word and every action, I still. . . Kendall's reaction. I felt for him so much, Lauren. The shock and the fear and the confusion of seeing his best friend so hurt and broken.

And then you left it off with a CLIFFHANGER. DGDGRTHYRY54Y45 WHY? LOL. I like being the writer better, Lauren. At least I know what happens. I mean, I do know what happens in this too, but not as much as I'd like to. UPDATE SOON! Please! I need to knnnnooooow! -heart-

squoctobird chapter 2 . 7/24/2011
I wasn't expecting the boys to find out about the abuse so quickly! And I wonder what Logan will do with the info that his father killed his mom?
Miss Fenway chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
LAUREN, HEY LAUREN. HI. Wow, this is new. This is cool. I like this. I can't tell you how excited I am to be reviewing this. I don't even know myself. It's so amazing. I have never been so excited to read and review something ever. I opened a Word document so I don't have to deal with the jumpy box. Anyway. Here we go! P.S. I'm going to copy your list style for my reviews, okay? Okay. -heart-

1).Well, first of all I've just been super excited to READ anything you've WRITTEN. And I am not disappointed at all. You've met and exceeded every single expectation I could have had. The attention to detail, the pacing, the way you describe everything, and of course, it's awesome that your grammar and spelling are fantastic as well haha. The characters are so well developed already with their interactions with each other and their backgrounds etc.

2)."Hey, Kit Kat!"

"Logan!" Katie jumped off of her scooter and threw her arms around Logan's legs. "Kendall's freaking out 'cause you missed open ice."

"Aw, well I'm here now, right?" Logan knelt down next to Katie and patted his shoulder. "Hop on."

I'm so excited for Logan and Katie's relationship. I just know that it will be beyond precious. I wish Fan Fiction would allow hearts but it doesn't so -heart-

3). "Hey, Mama Knight?" Logan ventured, unsure if he was imposing.

"Logan!" Jennifer Knight's voice was filled with relief as she looked up from her phone and took in the fifteen-year-old standing in front of her. "I couldn't decide if I should call or not."

Do I really need to even point that out? Haha. I will. Just because. I'm also really excited for what I know happens. But for now it's so beautiful seeing how much she already cares for Logan like he was her own.

4). "Logan walked out the door to see James riding up the street. "Logan!" James jumped off his bike and tripped up the stairs in his rush to greet his best friend. "You're alive!"

Okay, so THAT was just adorable. I squealed. And of course I had to take extra special time in picturing it happening for real. I'd get to James “tripping” up the stairs and then my mind would go into overload. That's what hugs do to me.

5). "Okay," Carlos broke in, "so how's the neighborhood look, Jay?"

“Jay”. -heart-

6)."Bro, what happened?" Kendall asked, shocked.

7). "Who did that? Let's go and show them what happens when you mess with one of us," James stood up and was down two steps when Logan stopped him.

"Cool it, Jay. It's over."

James being the angry protector and Logan calling him “Jay”. Of course I loved it.

8)."Logan," Carlos started to speak but was hushed by Logan's glare. "It's over." Logan reached to the back of his belt and pulled out his switchblade. A silence fell over the group as Logan flicked the blade of his knife in and out, in and out. Kendall was reluctant to let Logan off the hook so easily, but he also knew his best friend well enough to understood Logan's habit as a signal that the conversation was over. Logan only ever played with his knife when he was trying not to explode.

Kendall may be known for his quick temper, but Logan's rage could be terrifying. It didn't come out often, but when it did even his friends backed off. They were used to Logan's "moods" and understood how to navigate through them. No one held Logan's fits against him; as far as they were concerned, he was justified."

Our first glimpse at Logan not being the innocent sweetheart we all see on the show and I LOVE it. My favorite part of this story is what you've done with the boys and how different you made their pre-BTR lives. I also love that it starts out pre-BTR. Anyway. I'm seriously excited for more to develop with Logan.

9).All of their backgrounds are so completely heartbreaking but I LOVE how they let it unite them to “do whatever it took to keep their neighborhood safe”. It's also extremely heartbreaking to see four thirteen year old boys take such a heavy weight on their shoulders. Even though it happens in real life, I don't think that many of us bother to think about it. This is a reminder.

10).Logan with his dad. It broke my heart (wow, how many times have you done that already? Haha) to see someone who is supposed to be an idol for their only child behave like that. I guess Robert Mitchell has his illness as a sort of reason and there are lots of people like that, But they could have treatment and they refuse it. So child abuse is absolutely never easy to read. It took me a while to get through this even though it was fairly short. But like the rest of this, is was brilliant executed.

Whoo-hoo! My first review! I am so excited for what is to come! The beginning is already so terrific! Update soon!