Reviews for Party Favor
yllimilly chapter 1 . 7/30/2013
I loved the banter and the dialogues. And oh, Mai and Jounouchi's cute shyness... :)
Salmon chapter 1 . 2/4/2013
Just wanted to say how much fun this fic was. Everyone was incredibly IC, and it was just a joy to read. (And you deserve more reviews telling you so!)
dancing elf chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
fun fun fun
Masterdramon chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
As I stated in my last e-mail, to be even partially responsible for this story's existence fills me with immeasurable pride. There is no doubt in my mind that "Party Favor" was worth every cent of my donation, and every second spent waiting for its completion...for if this shall be your last DM-era fic for the forseeable future, then you've gone out with what is inarguably a bang.

That every character featured here is written pitch-perfect to their canon counterparts is something I almost take for granted at this point, but nevertheless Jonouchi, Mai, and Pegasus all shine through quite magnificently. And the narrative itself is well-paced, charming, witty, and never meanders or loses my interest for even a moment; for this, the setting of this piece deserves much praise. It was an unendingly enjoyable romp from start-to-finish, and one that keeps the cuteness and romance running at a steady clip without ever descending into unnecessary saccharinity. Your natural talent for this is one of the many, MANY reasons why you are my favorite author on this entire site, particularly when it comes to shipping fics.

I also enjoyed the various "little touches" and nods to the wider YGO continuity spread about, which anchors this fic more comfortably in the franchise's greater mythos. Bits like Honda getting in on the ground floor of D-Wheel production, or the conversation about Yugi that heavily foreshadows your 5D's work "Home," or Jonouchi accepting Pegasus' machinations without a fight because he still feels some lingering gratitude, in a roundabout sort of way, for the money that funded Shizuka's operation. Kudos to you for all of this, as each and every little bit never failed to put a big smile on my face during my first read-through.

So in short, I thank you immensely for this unbelievably high-quality gift, one which fully deserves to stand amongst your impressively massive compendium of excellent fics. I wish you well, and greatly look forward to whatever piece you next feel like gracing your eager fans with!

Cheers! :D
The Otherworlder chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Awwwwww that is sooooo sweet. My teeth nearly rotted, but in a very good way. Jonouchi's character is spot on: bold, a little rash, but still a good head on his shoulders and charming in a really off-handed way. Mai is smouldering and endearing at the same. I should dislike the scheming Pegasus abit more but can't really. And this is certainly a fun story to keep me gripped all the while. Great job, keep writing! Want to see more YGO stuff from you!