Reviews for Fight the Moon
Viv chapter 18 . 8/13/2020
In an attempt to distract myself from writing my dissertation and checking “Lionhearted” for updates (even though I know it isn’t due until tomorrow), I decided to read this story of yours.

While truly wonderful, I must confess that this story is not of the same quality as “Lionhearted”. Obviously, each story is unique, but I found it not as riveting as LH, and - although certainly just as emotionally charged -, I felt it was slightly lacking in terms of character development and depth (if you can call it that). That is, you describe the characters’ feelings perfectly well and it feels really realistic but it sometimes feels as if you’re selling it short or rushing over it; as if you’re on the open sea but there are no ripples and waves and splashes. It’s all smooth and straight forward. If that makes sense at all?!
Perhaps it has to do with the fact that a) this story was written several years ago, and b) that you are much freer in terms of plot etc when exploring MMAD pre-Hogwarts than canon...?

What I found most incredible though is to see how you evolved as a writer over the years; how your narrative style, use of language, and use of rhetorical devices have changed. Makes me incredibly happy!

But yeah. Please remember I meant no offence, and I can only hope you won’t be angry with me for being honest.
This is still a beautiful tale, very, very well-written and emotional. And it really was a joy to read.
Cheers!
A Fan chapter 6 . 2/14/2020
We all know what happens, thank you very much-it's not a cliffhanger. _
A Fan chapter 5 . 2/14/2020
It's not intense, it's...odd. Goes well with the real Harry Potter series timeline, though. This is the sixth book, after Dumbledore and Potter convinced Slughorn, right?
A Fan chapter 4 . 2/14/2020
He could have used a very fast owl?
A Fan chapter 3 . 2/14/2020
Yea, Lupin is one hard character-that's why I like him so much. _
Guest chapter 10 . 1/24/2018
I love!
rsbchamp2 chapter 18 . 2/25/2016
I love this i am in tears
Guest chapter 18 . 1/25/2016
That was an AMAZING story! Please write plenty more about Remus and tonks
Viviane Carstairs chapter 18 . 9/23/2014
poor Andromeda, her family, then her husband, then her child
Thank you for this story. It is very nearly perfect. The way you started it, the way you paced it, the way you finished it, the way you wrote it, pretty much everything was well done. Most of all, you managed to make me feel Tonks and Lupin's story. There is not much room for improvement in terms of writing unpublished fanfiction (you even finished it!). By the way, you have enough words to call this a novel. I give you five stars out of five, taking all into consideration. And once again, thank you.
Viviane Carstairs chapter 17 . 9/23/2014
not fair, not fair no not supposed to happen too young I hate Bellatrix why must they die why did jk rowling do this to us I know why but still not fair
Viviane Carstairs chapter 16 . 9/23/2014
It's not fair. Teddy- and any other child- should grow up with his parents. Remus and Tonks were supposed to live and watch his metamorphmagus powers develop, send him to Hogwarts, attend his wedding... They were supposed to be there as any parent should. And Voldemort robbed them and robbed Teddy of that chance.
Viviane Carstairs chapter 15 . 9/4/2014
I ask myself the same question as Tonks does in the beginning of this chapter.
I will tear Voldemort apart bit by revolting bit. I will crush all his hopes and dreams, show him his worst fears, tear his world down and then he will burn. He deserves the worst punishment Hades can offer, so he can rot in eternal misery while Ted, Tonks and Lupin live happily in Elysium, soon to be joined by the rest of their loved ones. I don't care what you may say about Voldemort or the Underworld not being real. Voldemort will pay for what he did.
Viviane Carstairs chapter 14 . 9/4/2014
Did you have to research pregnancy, or did you just know, or did you ask someone? I'm just randomly curious.
Viviane Carstairs chapter 11 . 7/17/2014
Remus Lupin, you paranoid little git, you self-deprecating ass!
Viviane Carstairs chapter 9 . 6/25/2014
I love that line : "Better than alright, mum, I'm getting married!"
The rest of your life...