Reviews for Pale Horse
This is by far one of the most compelling stories i have ever read...simply amazing!
I hope you return to do some more stories on them...Your writing style is absolutely immersive
Beautiful. I really enjoyed this story. Your writing is so immersive. Thank you.
You have a very great many misspellings and quite a few grammar errors. - - This is an extremely compelling story. You have a man whose life and world are totally destroyed. We see him deliberately choose to wallow at the bottom of society, completely soaked in cheap alcohol. He is self-destructive but it is in a passive manner. Well, I can't recapitulate the entire story here. This story has gone beyond "NC-17" category and is in the single "X" one instead. It has brutality that is cruel and other times casual. Raw sex. Romantic love. With careful editing this would make a FANTASTIC series of weekly tv movies on a streaming service. I would NOT want anyone to tone down the rating. I would strongly prefer no commercials (2 hours, remember?). I would want each movie-chapter to be an appropriate emotional rollercoaster, just as these have been. I think that a film version might have to be longer than 40 "chapters" in order to capture this story's full impact.
There's absolutely nowhere on, or off, Earth that Simone can use as a hiding place. If no one else will, Hippolyta will be overjoyed to relieve her of the weight of her head. Slowly.
Idle thought: How about if Kal had a 100 year "super hero boot camp" on Themyscira? He would be so much better prepared for the next "go round."
Sally Hemmings was the personal slave of her HALF-SISTER! Depending on the source of information, Sally was somewhere between one-quarter to no more than half-black. Sally's half-sister became the wife of...Thomas Jefferson. Yes, THAT Thomas Jefferson. Someone will have to research this but there is a possibility that Mrs. Jefferson might not have known that Sally was her sister. Even the greatest of heroes can have feet of clay. Some Medal of Honor winners, not all, suffered a lifetime of PTSD. Kal is facing an incredibly extreme crisis of confidence. Unlike the majority of the other heroes, he didn't have any special training. Now he needs lots of counseling to restore his faith in himself as well as a "super-hero boot camp." Before, he learned how to be a hero little-by-little. He also made mistakes. Kal needs to relearn all of the lessons all over again, but he can't be sent out before he's ready.
You've mentioned the song "Strange Fruit" before. Do you really, truly what that song is referring to? I do.
Mar 2020-Are there still any functioning Blackberries out there? Are they still being made? Or have they gone the way of the brick cell phone? So much has changed in just 9 years. People have changed. The world has changed. Wars have been fought and are now on the back burner, waiting... We are facing a worldwide pandemic (COVID-19 the Corona virus if there is anyone left to read this 10 years from now).
ladysadenfat chapter 28 . 10/12/2019
The story is interesting, so are the original characters. It's well written in spite of the sprinkle of typos but I have to say, Clark and Diana are so out of character and so annoying and childish, nothing like you'd expect from them. I was hoping for a Superman/Wonder Woman story but I have no idea who these two people are. That aside, you're good and the story is interesting and fanfiction is supposed to be about doing what you want. I'm torn between continuing just to know how it ends and stopping because Clark and Diana irritate me. So I think that's props to you. I made it up to 28 whilst being very annoyed by them, lol. Mad props.
unoaranya30 chapter 40 . 5/11/2019
Powerful story. Beautiful ending.
pwrmom2 chapter 40 . 5/10/2019
Loved this!
unoaranya30 chapter 34 . 5/10/2019
Never did like Tom. It is great to see Clark taking control of his life again, and showing his mettle to Tom and Suzette.

I know he doesn't want help, but i suspect his friends won't take "don't help me" for an answer.
unoaranya30 chapter 33 . 5/10/2019
So cool that all three realize that Clark's powers are coming back.
unoaranya30 chapter 31 . 5/10/2019
i am really enjoying the story. The emotional rollercoaster has been and is tremendous. I guess having lost loved ones to both murder, as well as unexpected tragedy, I find Clark's wallowing despair infuriating at times, while at the same time, i get it. I figured with the solid anchor of his adopted parents and their faith, as well as his strength of character, he would not fall so low, but when you are in those moments, it is true that it is difficult to see past your pain.

i don't think I've ever heard a pastor give the empty words of "It's going to be alright." We were blessed with friends and family who just wanted to listen and be there for us. that means the world.

So nice to see Kal coming out of his debilitating depression. And love how you have written both Bruce and Diana. I know Clark will get back to a place where he is whole again. He has known love and friendship, and his friends haven't given up on him. Those are the ones you cherish until your last breath.

you have done a wonder job as always. The passion and love between and Diana and Clark is beautiful, and Clark being a hero while still denying he is one is so powerful. I can see him coming back.
unoaranya30 chapter 3 . 5/6/2019
I'm with Diana here.

Man, these last two chapters were painful. losing his wife and son really hit home for me. He has lost close friends, broken a personal vow, lost those closest to him. You don't get much more broken than this.

I lost my youngest son, and nearly lost my wife three years ago. I can't imagine a worse pain, nor do I wish it on anyone.

I know this is going to be a terrible struggle. But he has good friends. I know they'll be there for him.