Reviews for Evanescence
eneresy chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
it's.. beautiful. *wipes*
my favorite line is the line that you use for the summary and "he makes her name sound beautiful."
I like how we got to see Chidori's thought this time, it feels refreshing, somehow :D
thanks for the story! I'm glad I decided to read it.
the Leander chapter 1 . 8/29/2012
Oh gosh, this is really lovely. I adore the way this was written, it flowed very well and was just... incredibly enjoyable. You did a great job getting into Chidori's mind.
Midnight Critic chapter 1 . 3/22/2012
It's certainly a deviation from your usual style that you've been nurturing over the past several years, but here, like many of your other "experimental" works, your gamble has paid off in spades.

The structure of the work was probably its defining point-usually when I read works like these, the action flows along like a raging river going through its rapids, and the meaning is lost in the current. This is certainly not the case here-as it's been said before, you capture her emotions perfectly and her struggle to maintain and make sense of them as her interaction with Junpei proceeds to a deeper level. Sure we get snippets-snapshots of her timeline, but here, this is a fine testament to the adage that "a picture is worth a thousand words."

(By the way, the fact that I'm writing this means that I've finally finished the Journey, and time permitting, I'm working on the Answer. We have *much* to discuss.)
skywolf666 chapter 1 . 10/21/2011
I want to leave a good long review describing everything I loved about this story... but I don't have any words. They appear to have been stolen from me. Just... Wow...

~ Sky
ChidoriTachibana chapter 1 . 9/29/2011
Dammit! I almost cried during the scene where Chidori died for Junpei's sake but at least she was revived in the aftermath... I was so happy. TTWTT Keep writing on!

Pathetic Apathy chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
OMG I LOVE THIS. There aren't enough fics centered around Chidori, but dayum! Her attitude makes sense once you've seen what she's gone through, and you've captured it beautifully. It's so emo, but why do I like it? D:

The K rating might be a tad bit too low for something with a lot of blood, so you might want to bump up the rating. Other than that, I've got nothing to criticize you on.
Ruka chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Okay, too lazy to log in to review now but oh god. I remember reading your Okage and TWEWY fanfics from so many years ago and when I saw your penname I clicked on it by chance and found out it was you. This would be Ruka from the Okage forums btw, or also previously Rita Arira. :'D But that aside, I see your wonderful writing is still quite wonderful!

The story itself is quite emotional, due to Chidori's constant state of mind revolving around death. But you put it into a way that makes it easy to sympathize with what she might be thinking.

Onto the other parts of the writing. I see no grammar errors here, none what-so-ever. And not to mention as what I probably already made obvious, you captured Chidori's personality and views quite tastefully in this fanfiction. It's a bit shorter though for what I might've liked, but it's still quite well-written.