Reviews for The Innocent
BubblyShell22 chapter 1 . 2/14/2012
Wow. Such an interesting story and an interesting battle Leo has here. He wants to help everyone but knows that he can't do it all the time. There are only certain ones he can save. I loved the voice of The Ancient One in his head. You did a good job on that part of it. I could almost hear him in my head. Nicely done on this.

The Bubbly One,

Shell
princessebee chapter 1 . 11/24/2011
Another sweet Leonardo story. I adore the way you portray him. He's such an amazing character and needs a subtle hand and deft touch to really depict him well. He's got a huge heart and a passionate sense of goodness and purity to go along with the slavish sense of duty and anal-retentive discipline as well as the occasional self-righteousness and unbudging bossiness. I love that this story focuses so much on his own inner conflict and the essential kindness of his heart. Great stuff!
Mindy Mousie chapter 1 . 7/31/2011
Beautiful little story, and the imagery is amazing. I love Leo's little pet pig and his journey to finding the "one Path".

I liked this line a lot:

"Leo's last glimpse was of small flippers paddling frantically against the sky as the as the hawk-like scavenger disappeared into the glare of the sun."
MelodyWinters chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Awww...I really enjoyed this. It's sad, but,awesome at the same time. Just proves that everyone needs a hero...not just unfortunate humans. And it shows just how deep Leo's honour runs.

Thank you for sharing!

~Mel~
Kallasilya chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
This whole thing was completely adorable. :D I love the mental image of Big Tough Leo running around trying to save cute little baby turtles. And getting upset when he couldn't.

Also, you wrote about the tropics so eloquently that for five glorious minutes I could really imagine that I was there, baking under the sun (instead of freezing in front of my computer). That was rather nice.

Bonus points for Miguelita. So freaking cute!
Mikell chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Sad, and beautiful and very, very well done.

Rejoicing in the day,

-Mary
Reinbeauchaser chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
Wonderful! I loved it. Leonardo's war with nature rather than with the Foot or some alien invasion is such a nice change up. I did wonder what else happened re: Leo after his impromptu meeting with April in the o7 movie. This fits nicely.

As always, it was beautifully written.

Great job! :0)