Reviews for Not Exactly a Happily Ever After
Vanilla Drops chapter 1 . 7/4
Really touching. It was nice to be able to read about some of the less common characters. Thanks for sharing this with us!
c-cruxe chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
This was a great read - one word that comes to my mind is comprehensive, actually. I liked how you referenced earlier parts as you went along, like mentioning about Parvarti in Padma's section. And each character was so individual, which can be so hard to do when you have to write about this many, so well done on that as well. The order of the characters was also refreshing, since the better known characters were dispersed throughout which actually gave me the feeling of them all just being people in the end, you know? I think that as most of the characters aren't really that well known, there isn't really a 'right' way to portray them in terms of a cannon 'in character' approach anyway; don't be so hard on yourself! You said in your AN that you spent a week writing this, and it definitely shows. Something that annoyed me though (and I know, it's the tiniest thing ever) was that in Ginny's section, you wrote about 'the first Thanksgiving dinner after the war'. This is really nitpicking but English people generally don't celebrate Thanksgiving, since it's an American holiday.
strawberrymarshmallow238 chapter 1 . 4/16/2014
Love this! Its so well written and I just really enjoyed reading about the minor characters especially. I liked how you managed to make me feel sorry for even least likable characters.
Remembertoturnonthelights chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
This was amazing! I laughed and I even cried (the Weasley twins' separation tends to do that to me) so I would just like to say you're a brilliant writer and again, I loved it! :)
Vanilla Phoenix chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
amazing story :) especially loved the last line!
x chapter 1 . 8/28/2012
good very good indeed
Akuma Rin-chan chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
This actually made me cry. Is that normal? It was just that good.
Let'sPretendThisDoesn'tExist chapter 1 . 3/18/2012
So...i honestly teared up in many places while reading this. It was wonderful..so good job :)

by the way, this is words-of-my-thoughts from tumblr :)
Jaina Padme Solo chapter 1 . 12/3/2011
Some of these stories are so sad. I actually started to cry. It is so indescribable. Ernie's story is my favourite.
pyr0technic chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
I adore Padma's ending. I really do.
ChatterChick chapter 1 . 8/1/2011
I'm glad you decided to write this. I loved the little bits of each of the DA's post-war life that you had. It was a fantastic read and I really enjoyed it. It is to be expected that after the war, everyone has difficulty moving on and mourning.

Cho Chang - her part was horribly tragic. I always felt bad for her in the books, losing her first love and all. You made it much more tragic because just as she was moving on, her parents were killed.

Lavender Brown - I thought it was strangely fitting on how you compared the werewolf attack to her looks. She probably was quite a shallow girl and while she didn't deserve what happened to her, it made sense in some way that it was her who was mauled.

Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley - I felt really bad for the pair of them. They were both war heroes and close friends of Harrys, but all they see is their faults. You stayed true to their charactes and I enjoyed Ron making Hermione see sense. The little part about her correcting Ron made me smile.

Seamus Finnegan - I'm glad he stood up to his mum at last!

Luna Lovegood - I think her beginning part really hurt to read. Throughout the series Luna always held onto her beliefs and to see her want to let go of her fantasy was hard. I liked the way you introduced Rolf!

I also enjoyed Susan Bones, Ernie MacMillan and Nevile Longbottom's parts. I think I really related to Susan's part the most. I think you did a good job with keeping true to the series and to the characters.
HollyVanDerBerg chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Another beautiful piece of work, I see. The bits a out Fred made me cry and I almost NEVER cry while reading fanfictions...or books. With little exceptions once in a while. Good job, like all your other fivs :)
franc14 chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
What I can say? It is the best tribute to war heroes and the fallen in battle.

A meticulous way to describe the events that enveloped each of the individuals involved in the battle against the Dark Lord.

The interesting thing was to describe their lives with so few words, making a synthesis of the most important thoughts and experiences.

For me it was an honor to read the fic.

It helps me remember what I always keep in mind, the world is not like dreams.
Rocket Ice chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
This was a very beautiful piece that brought tears to my eyes in several pieces. I especially like the scene when Zach realized what he truly was, and the Katie/Oliver bit. Overall, it was completely worth the week it took, and a wonderful conclusion.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Ive been a Harry Potter fan since forever and am fairly new to the world of fanfiction, but I wanted you to know that I loved your story. To me, there is no greater sign of a goodwriter than to be able to illicit genuine emotion from your reader. Your story made me smile, made me think, and made me cry. Mischief managed, good job.