Reviews for War Torn Skies
Jinty chapter 1 . 1/9
Excellent! ! Too bad hidden away in dusty corner.
Jen4850 chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Very well and dramatically written.
Fergus Mason chapter 1 . 3/6/2012
Love the story. Just out of interest, have you read James Herriot's book where he did RAF training? It seems similar!
Aebbe chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
Getting round to a few more of your stories...

This was another great one, although I didn't like it /quite/ as much as the other, purely because detailed descriptions of fighting aren't really my thing. Having said that, it was beautifully written, and I love Roger in the RAF. I've always felt that while John wanted nothing more than to follow in his father's footsteps, Roger would find his own path, and here he did that. Again, your historical details were great, as were the descriptions of the bombing of Canterbury, and London going up in flames.

I liked the second part best - I loved the two old folks and their stories of past wars - the last of a generation that's completely gone now, of course. And I also loved the brief appearance of Nancy and Peggy at the end, and what happened to the parachute.

Altogether, a lovely snapshot of the war. And reading your Author's Note at the end, I was struck by this sentence: "The fighter pilots of World War Two were remarkable; or maybe just ordinary men in extraordinary situations." Very nicely put. :)
Keith Riley chapter 1 . 11/8/2011
Very enjoyable ... but one contnuity issue - hy does the Me109 become an FW190?

Looking forward to your other stories.
Kristine Thorne chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
Yet another story that calls for some serious thought towards the menand women who really fought in that war. Really fabulous writing! Smile!