Reviews for Saturday Night in the Seam
TLWtlw chapter 3 . 12/19/2014
I think Gale sort of contradicts himself in this. He says the town people let the Seam people starve, but would the Seam people accept help if it was offered.
Guest chapter 3 . 11/11/2014
pa, esta histoa aa
GirlWhoWritesStories chapter 3 . 9/2/2014
I love it! :) I just fangirled so hard at the last scene.
beginners chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
yes yes yes i love how gale is constantly surprised by madge (oh how i adore his skewed reverse prejudice and when madge breaks them down)
Guest chapter 3 . 7/14/2013
best pre-HG out there! love this story :))
Curly Bubble chapter 3 . 5/13/2013
Yes, yyay Gadge, indeed. I loved the bit of un-hunger games you added to this. I was so sick of reading about death and blood so this is a welcome change, and I love alternative takes. So please do write other stories like this when you think of them. And I also like the 'all or nothing' take on Gale, it is absolutely in character.
Cheypielaughs chapter 3 . 2/23/2013
This story if freakin awesome! OMG I can't stop fangirling :D Gadge forever!
nightfuries chapter 3 . 12/23/2012
Wow, this was fantastic! Loved the whole thing!
Guest chapter 3 . 11/25/2012
lovely

wish you could have ended with them snuggling by the fire lol...but I'm a canon stickler so i appreciate that you stuck with it even though canon sucks
LeftHandedPeopleRule chapter 3 . 10/26/2012
It's just mindblowing how you manage to convey Madge and Gale's thoughts and feelings so perfectly and in-character. I loved seeing Gale acting his age instead of being the father-figure, and also his vulnerability when he voices his concerns for Posy, which literally...aw! Poor guy! But unfortunately, as you mentioned, his hostility towards Madge and the town won't dissipate after one light-hearted moment of unity.
And Madge, it was interesting to see how at first she was quite ignorant to some of the darker dealings in 12 and I think you absolutely nailed her reaction to everything straight on the head.
My favourite parts though have to be when Madge described them as "the chaos of the Seam dances" and "carefully composed intermission music", and the description of Gale's reason for treating her so coldly. It's kinda how I always imagined how his mind worked when it come to him and Madge.
Gah! Seriously good stuff. Your writing is fab. Just fab :)
LeftHandedPeopleRule chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
This is just brilliant. You're right Suzanne Collins doesn't really give too much detail about the more light-hearted side to D12 (although I suspect it's to make us appreciate them more) but I'm glad to actually see someone incorporate aspects of modern day society into somewhere like District 12.
Personally, there are several things I loved in this chapter (1) seeing Gale at home and playing with Posy. I think people portray him as nothing but the surly seam boy and don't really think that actually everything he does is for his family. (2) Acknowledgement that he is just like any other teenage boy despite his hardships, i.e. dealing with unwanted attention from girls and (3) Madge's 'edge' that makes her more than just the kind mayor's daughter. There are very few fanfics that portray her this well.
Anyways, love it, love it, love it :)
love rosie3 chapter 3 . 10/25/2012
Loved this! I just love your GAle voice, I think you have a very good handle on his character. And I liked that you explored more of the social life of teens in district 12 which is something that we didn't get to see in the books. Also it was fun to see Madge let her hair down lol :-)
Bubbles of Colours chapter 3 . 9/2/2012
Ohh I really like this *-* But I wanted a kiss :B
Lovee x

Connie
xxlittlea chapter 3 . 6/21/2012
This is soooooper good.

Like, amazingawesomefultastic.
accioyourheart chapter 3 . 6/3/2012
You are one of the well known, amazing, writers I the gadge fandom. And this is the first story that I've read by you. I have to let you know that this led to longing in my heart, and a smile at the last line. You are an impeccable writer, an in just three chapters you've captured both characters, with an amazing style. I look forward to reading your other stories. I'm sure I'll enjoy them as much as I enjoyed this one.