Reviews for Faith
Some girl chapter 14 . 2/22
You have no idea how long I've been looking for something like this. This is an amazing piece of work, and I honestly loved every moment of it! (And it's really hard to find something good like Doc acting as a father figure to Mac and really caring about him. And I uh... may or may not have really enjoyed Mac getting all that hurt and angst... Sorry but it's good!) Anyways yeah, I very much enjoyed reading this and I hope to see more like this in the future.
Lafaiette chapter 14 . 2/17/2014
After watching Little Mac's reveal for Super Smash Bros, I wondered if there were any fics about Punch Out! and I'm super happy to have found this one. It's a special gem with gorgeous characterizations, a simple but effective plot, so many beautiful details (I love your style!) and the last two chapters gave me glossy eyes.

This really was a nice surprise and I hope you will write more with Little Mac, especially now that he has gained importance and attention again. So... kudos! I enjoyed this immensely! D
john chapter 11 . 3/10/2013
nice description of a belly blow wind gone out of lungs agony
M.A chapter 13 . 3/12/2012
*sniff* wow!
idk12345678910 chapter 11 . 9/18/2011
Back from Arkansas.

Pretty tred , and can't believe i didn't get a chance to read this yet. I'll just make it short since i'm about to pass out and say it was great. For sure.
Chaos Wielder chapter 11 . 9/15/2011
I don't say this too often in reviews, but while both of these last chapters were solid, Chapter 11 was nothing short of amazing! The fight was superbly done and left me on the edge of my seat the entire time. This is the kind of writing you'd see in a published story, that's for certain. I didn't see anything that could be improved as well - it's perfectly fine as it is.

You had me rooting for Mac all the way. I don't know what it is, but they way you've written the characters just makes them so relatable.

I wish I could say more, but there's really nothing left for me to say other than this story is getting better as you go along. I look forward to the next chapter.
Coli Chibi chapter 11 . 9/7/2011
Macho Man got PWNED!

Keep it up!
idk12345678910 chapter 10 . 8/30/2011
The tension is building up , this next fight will go down in WVBA history!

The ref really takes a beating in the Wii version, I almost feel kinda bad for him.

(And this time i'm only SLIGHTLY late with my review!)
idk12345678910 chapter 9 . 8/25/2011
Man, Mac had a hard child-hood , but it seems doc knew just the trick to get him to cheer up!(Well, at least for the moment.)

The judges really are biased in Punch-Out. I don't think i've ever won a single time by decision.

P.S.: I see you've watched Doc Luis' Punch-Out. It's a shame it's only for members, though. I would play the crap out of it.
Chaos Wielder chapter 9 . 8/24/2011
I've been glancing through this story off and on, but didn't get the chance to review it until now.

You do a great job establishing the characters and giving them some history and development. Super Macho Man is just as snotty and fame-obsessed as I can imagine and the relationship you have going between Doc and Mac is believable and very father-son-like.

This is a solid story you have going here. I'll be sure to continue keeping an eye on it.
Solitary Shadow chapter 9 . 8/24/2011
I didn't trigger this time, although I... wasn't expecting the sequence with Mac's dad. That one was tearjerking as hell, damn. It reminds me of my own parents, somehow.

I am, however, glad that Doc puts a lot of faith in Mac. It's as you said, they can't stay in that stone cold silence for too long. A nice bonding moment too! Doc mentioning how he lost his belt, I think, is a good character establishing moment and at the same time a pretty painful memory for him. It does put into perspective the kind of trust he puts in Mac when he's willing to share details like that.

And knowing Mac was bailed out by strangers makes me warm inside. ' w ' I believe I'm quite happy now.
Solitary Shadow chapter 8 . 8/24/2011
I'm still rather confused as to why Macho is angry, but now that I've read this again, it seems that his anger stems from that fan's remark - so I've assumed that he's worried about his reputation.

Macho really seems lonely. Not even in the lonely at the top way, just... hollow and empty kind of lonely. Sandman feeling lonely at the top would be reasonable, but not him. Upon re-reading it, I'm also getting vibes that Macho is subconsciously aware that he's isolated and his success is insubstantial. So I still feel quite sorry for him really. Sleazy but lacking in tact and really a little out of it. Tense as well, with the way he snaps like that...

What happens if he loses this match? Can only be downhill, I guess. He'll be left utterly in the dust.
idk12345678910 chapter 8 . 8/23/2011
I REALLY like the way you wrote Super Macho Man. You got it just right in my opinion. I quite liked the back-story as well, but my favorite part was the "alone in the hotel" bit. I also never saw the Randy Savage connection, so bonus points for that.

P.S.: I found the Super Nacho man joke really funny for some reason.
SonOfBane chapter 8 . 8/22/2011
Really good! It's especially impressive considering how little plot Punch Out has. Keep it up :)
Solitary Shadow chapter 7 . 8/20/2011
This is too sad goddamnit D: Happy ending...

I... I don't think I can write much. This is a trigger for me. I'm so sorry. It's good, it's painful... like really painful. It reminds me of disappointing my own dad.

Mac has it bad this time. Really.