Reviews for Eyes Open
VanillaMostly chapter 13 . 7/28/2012
AWWWWWW! You're making me ready to faint with giddiness after reading this chapter. Luna and Dean, they are just so perfect. 3 Thank you for this one. It has a touch of sadness because of the reality. But it's still so pretty and so good.
VanillaMostly chapter 5 . 7/28/2012
Interesting... It's definitely an interesting relationship. Sex ruins friendship. That's so true!
FinnFiona chapter 13 . 10/12/2011
This is a lovely little series. I always so enjoy using music as inspiration, and though I'm not too familiar with this album, you seem to have done a very nice job teasing out the plots and emotions from these lyrics. I was particularly intrigued by Sirius' chapter, I think, and all of the layers you were crafting and just how refreshingly unsettling and messy the relationship was. Nice work!
ncis-lady chapter 13 . 10/1/2011
That made me smile, because Dean and Luna are probably one of my favourite couples of all those JKR has mentioned. I can't really explain why, though, it just seems to fit.

Really good story, I have the album on my music player right now so I had most of the songs in my head immediately when I read the lyrics. Great choice of music!
ncis-lady chapter 12 . 10/1/2011
Somehow it's difficult for me to imagine Lily and James as "ordinary" parents. I guess for me they'll always be either the Order members who fight to the death to protect their child, or the Hogwarts students without a care in the world. I can't see them doing normal parents stuff like going to the playground, but then again it's most probably because I never saw them do that in the books. I'm sure they were great parents. Haha, I wonder what Harry's life would have been if he'd had a brother or sister :D
ncis-lady chapter 11 . 10/1/2011
That was cute. I guess Hannah and Neville make a good couple, and he definitely deserves to have a happy life after all that he's been through.
ncis-lady chapter 10 . 10/1/2011
Is Dorcas a character you made up or does she actually exist (in the HP universe, of course)? Just curious ;)

Quite a sad chapter, I wish we knew more about Fabian and Gideon, I imagine them to be a ot like the twins. Such a shame they both had to die :(
ncis-lady chapter 9 . 10/1/2011
Oh, I can't believe I forgot about Ted and Andromeda. Took me a couple of seconds to remember that Ted was a fugitive, too. Guess I really ought to read the book again. ;)
ncis-lady chapter 8 . 10/1/2011
One of my favourite Snow Patrol songs, and it fits perfectly. "And I touch the place where I'd find your face" - that's probably the line that makes me think of them the most, and esp. of the situation you described in this chapter: Harry watching Ginny's dot on the map, knowing she is far away but at least she's safe.

I'm glad you ended this one on a happy note :)
ncis-lady chapter 7 . 10/1/2011
That was cute, and I think that this could be exactly what those two were thinking about their kiss. One of my favourite scenes in the book :)
ncis-lady chapter 6 . 10/1/2011
*sighs* It's comforting to know that they were happy for at least a while. I still think it was totally unnecessary to kill those two.
ncis-lady chapter 5 . 10/1/2011
Wow. That was... different from what I've read from you. But I loved it. Sirius is definitely the kind of man for whom such a relationship seems fit - and I don't mean that in a negative way. It's just that I can't imagine him falling unconditionally in love with a woman and spending the rest of his life with her. And still there is something very serious (pun not intended ;)) about that relationship, not love, but still things just as important, like friendship, trust, comfort.
ncis-lady chapter 4 . 8/27/2011
Okay... THAT one made me cry. Because I love Arthur and Molly and the way they just belong to each other, and it's so unfair knowing that in the end, they will not be able to protect their children from all the evil in the world.

(Funny part: Percy as a playmate for the new baby. That plan didn't work out obviously LOL)
ncis-lady chapter 3 . 8/27/2011
*sighs* I always forget about Frank and Alice. Such a tragic story, such brave people. They might not have raised a future Quidditch star - but they are the parents to a true hero. I hope that they will eventually know that...
ncis-lady chapter 2 . 8/27/2011
Started oh so cute and ended heartbreakingly sad. I totally understand Angelina, and I wish Fred had told her how he felt about her.

By the way, I love Snow Patrol. So that's another thumbs up for the choice ;)