Reviews for The Puckleberry Shuffle
HollyShadow17821 chapter 1 . 8/7/2014
So I highly doubt you're ever going to update since it's been two years, but I just want to say that I loved these one-shots. I am a Finchel, Puckleberry, and Faberry shipper, but at the moment I'm most fond of Puckleberry. ;) Really good one-shots and if you ever feel like updating feel free to so. :)
JaToya chapter 6 . 1/1/2014
Great chapter. Loved how the beginning and end tied together.
JaToya chapter 4 . 1/1/2014
Not bad, but kicked puppy Finn and Santana winning the bet at the end made this chapter.
Paceismyhero chapter 18 . 5/9/2013
Continuing with bullets:

*Love Abe more.
*Fave **He'd had sex more times than he could begin to count. Hell, he'd taken more virginities than he could count. He'd been present for the birth of a daughter he was forced to give away. He'd proposed, for God's sake. But right then, that felt like the most intimate moment Puck had ever had, and it scared the shit out of him.**
*The mom thing was heartbreaking, but I like that Puck pulled Rachel closer instead of pushing her away. Again, I'm not sure he would have so openly admitted it (with words), but I definitely think the outcome would have been the same (him realizing, almost with desperation, how important she was in his life).
*His little sister as the best man: awwww.

And, yea, I actually have to go listen to the song because I'm not sure I recognize it (though I feel I should given the artist).
Paceismyhero chapter 17 . 5/9/2013
It's just easier to do this part by part, so that's what I'm going to do. And I'm going to do my random bullet points of notes because I'm THAT lazy.

*I love Abe.
*I like the backstory you created for Puck. So weird to think of him as engaged (to anyone other than Rachel. lol).
*Love the stagehand (or whatever) trying to give Puck advice on Rachel's fave flower and Puck just being all, "Lilies. I know." Boom. Haha.
*I like the pace you created with the days. In fact, my fave part is when Rachel says the thing about her knowing Puck staying with her is only temporary and then the next line (after the song lyrics) is "It wasn't temporary." LOL!
*Critique: I'm torn about the ease in which everything happened. Part of me knows a lot of this would be true to form, mostly because of their ages (and with the experiences they've had). Things with Puckleberry can just be effortless and evolve (especially quickly). But there's another part that feels it was a little unnatural. No fighting (if only about trivial stuff) ... Then again, you are skipping days, so I suppose you could just be bypassing what I would imagine would be days filled with them butting heads ... and also a little talky (on Puck's part). *shrugs*
Paceismyhero chapter 20 . 5/7/2013
Woo. I like the tables being turned here. Rachel thinking (more than just small insecurities) that she doesn't deserve Noah and him being the one fighting for her. And the end. Right in the feels. ;)
Paceismyhero chapter 19 . 5/7/2013
That kiss was hot. And I love the idea of them being on a date and not realizing it and then wanting to fix that (pronto!). Haha.
Paceismyhero chapter 13 . 5/7/2013
**Finn danced every song with Quinn. (She had expected that, though she still didn't think that the pair would make it for the long haul – they were one another's human version of comfort food; great to make you feel better when you're down, but really bad for you if you have too much.)**

I think this is so insightful (which probably makes me sound stupid) and awesomely hilarious!
Paceismyhero chapter 12 . 5/7/2013
**He began without any fanfare, any introduction of any kind. Sometimes things just didn't need to be said.**

So Noah.

Which is true to the whole thing, actually. However, I can't help but think of the Friends episode when Chandler assumes the same thing when he and Monica have that one fight early on. Ha!

Both work, as I can totally see all of Rachel's sadness melting into giggles at just how adorable/emotionally retarded Puck is. :D
Paceismyhero chapter 11 . 5/7/2013
First, this: **"Try not to get in a fight with the dresser while I'm gone, 'k slugger?" He smirked again and kissed the top of her head, grabbing her wrist and squeezing when she reached out to swat at him.**

Too hilarious.

Then, randomness:

I like the idea of Quinn watching them, looking for some indication that things weren't as happy as was to be believed. She definitely strikes me as the type who would be that kind of people watcher.

Also, Friends reference. Ha!
Love-is-hell chapter 9 . 4/2/2013
I have to say, I've never really gotten the whole friendship fanfics before, but now I do. Loved it, it was so sweet, even if a little sad and angry. Rachel and Puck (Noah as Rachel calls him) are just perfect together, whether as friends or more. Thank you for opening my eyes to a new facet of fanfiction in such an awesomely well-written way.
Guest chapter 10 . 3/9/2013
I really like these one-shots, but honestly I don't really like the ones where Finn and Rachel stay together. I don't read Puckleberry stories to read about Puck just being the best friend and Finn and Rachel stay together. I read Puckleberry stories to read about Puckleberry romantic relationship with hopefully a happy Puckleberry ending. I do really enjoy your Puckleberry romantic relationship stories-please write more of those. Thanks!
Paceismyhero chapter 15 . 2/15/2013
I really like the idea of Puck making it before Rachel. It's weird, but I'm not sure I've read it before (certainly him famous while she was also famous, or him becoming famous when she already was, etc.).
Paceismyhero chapter 14 . 2/15/2013
You were right about what you said. This one is my favorite of the 3-part series, and it is likely because the beginning/all introspective parts are very well done in terms of Rachel's voice (inner and outer). Plus I liked getting the context (as you know how important that is to me. lol) and the flashbacks and ... yea.
Paceismyhero chapter 5 . 2/13/2013
And, of course, right after I say that thing about country songs, you use one of maybe FIVE that I actually like. And I legit wrote a Pacey/Joey fic to this song that got lost in some terrible site crash (and I didn't save it, either, of course), so I have an even bigger connection to this song - and maybe why I'm more fond of how other people interpret the lyrics and use them for stories.

Not much of a review, but couldn't resist!