Reviews for Live and Let Die
nebula2 chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
I love "LDSK" and this story was a nice follow up to that. Even though they never showed it, you know that Reid eventually felt guilt for shooting Dowd and I think you caputured that well, along with picking a good time for it to occur; while they were writing reports. I thought Hotch left sort of abruptly but the conversation was good other than that. Loved the ending where Reid goes over what he'll remember about the day, and very good use of the prompt.

Some things that I noticed that broke the flow of the story for me:

1) -Reid couldn't have said whether it was minutes or hours later when he first heard footsteps in the hallway. He looked up to see that the motion sensitive lights had gone off, and he was sitting in darkness. He glanced at Hotch, who stopped beside him and slid down the wall to sit next to him. For a moment, no one spoke. - - It seems like Hotch is right there when Reid notices he's sitting in darkness. As they're motion sensitive lights they would have come back on at Hotch's approach. My suggestion - mention Hotch walking toward him or have the lights coming on make Reid notice Hotch's approach instead of the footsteps.

2)"There are some people who don't live by that. There are some people that can't just let everyone else alone. They don't live and let live.

"These are the people that we have to treat with a different philosophy: live and let die. We have to let them die, at least when there's no alternative.

"The people that wreak havoc with their every breath, Reid, they can't be left alone, or they'll never stop wreaking havoc." - Is this all Hotch? The unbalanced quotes and it being separated to look like three lines makes it awkward and a bit confusing.
Graveygraves chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Really think you did a good job of capturing Hotch's uncomfortable way of talking to Reid. Well done
freddlerabbit chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
That's a great use of the prompt - very clever! Nice job!
Shadow Cat17 chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
I really enjoyed this!
Marauder-In-Disguise chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Great heart to heart and use of the prompt :)