Reviews for Prophecy
AzTec999 chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
Tragically beautiful! Bravo!
Theheroineinprogress chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Beautiful, beautiful writing style. I love the whole metaphoric style. It's really something you can sink your teeth into.
meantoddy chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
very nicely written :) i'm a new lars/alisa shipper btw. :)
ValentineSin13 chapter 1 . 12/1/2012
i hope they make more story with them in the next tekken, though that owuld take a while xP maybe dlc cutscene? ;

Lars and Alisa are my favourite
s.k.y chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Your writing style is really cool. :)
Salysha chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
The attention you have paid to the presentation is superb. I never thought that italics could contribute to the pacing of a story so much, but this is wonderful.

The layout is well done and very readable. The characterizations shine; Lars and Alisa are so accurately portrayed it is almost spooky. You nailed Alisa's robo-talk down, manner and content. Lars... my heart goes out to him.

Favorite lines:

"—and she's nothing but a mach—"

"and he was sure there was something very important about it, something he should remember before it ended—"

I loved the opening segment most of all, but the latter half was just as competent and wrapped up the story as it should. The opening is just too heavenly to pass. I also liked the way Lars' thoughts were present throughout the story. The interplay of thoughts, description, and spoken lines works unbelievably well. Captivating read!

Your grammar is good. (I take extraordinary amount of delight in the fact that you know how to spell "all right" correctly. That makes you a minority of one around here.) These went awry:

- The word "because" never takes a comma before it. (Similar expressions "for" and "as" may need a preceding comma, but "because" is an exception.)

- The commas go inside the quotation marks. All punctuation marks go before the closing quotation mark, inside the quotation, when writing dialogue. (This is a biggie.) If you use a question mark or an exclamation point, don’t use a comma. You might have picked the wrong placement from some other language...? Correct punctuation: "I shall," she said. / "Alisa?" he called in the most nonchalant way he could. /

"Just as a note, Tekken is my new obsession. Yay!" —I take that as a promise. On a related note, I hope that you won't consider it indulging in personalities when I say that your author's notes give a very favorable impression of you. They are positive and personable throughout.

Faved.
i chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
oh my God! that was one of the most FABULOUS stories I have ever read! this couple is the best and Id like you to write more about them! you are awesome!
A Road Unturning chapter 1 . 7/25/2011
Powerful. The first segment had that queasy, otherwordly feel of a fragmented nightmare, which I thought was haunting and very effective. Your language choices were beautiful.

The moment between them after the nightmare was a nice switch in narration and a geniunely touching piece of writing. I usually don't dig canon, but I like these two together and you captured their depth of feeling wonderfully. Lovely. x